Adamec: in Colorado....great article on Lexi Gordon | The Boneyard

Adamec: in Colorado....great article on Lexi Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
What a great article!!..........Sounds like Lexi is going to be a great player and teammate. Along with being just an outstanding Student-athlete , period.
I loved the part about her working on all her fellow Texans and players to come to UCONN with her. Including Chrystyn Williams.

The Class of 2017 could potentially be a blockbuster.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with HGN - a great article all the way around. As HGN said, the kid is a natural magnet for other players and I think she could be one of our more important recruits in terms of "who kids want to play with and who they want to be around" - absolutely terrific for team chemistry too.

And bottom line she just get it as far as the USA teams go... It's not all about "But I averaged 30 PPG all season"...

"They're looking for people that are going to do the intangibles and not just shoot and not just score all of the time," Gordon said. "When you try to make your team look better, you make yourself look better and the people evaluating you will notice.

"Being a good teammate means being a leader, bringing a lot of energy, picking up your teammates when they're down, and giving 100 percent all of the time. Maybe I'm not the most athletic or most skilled in the building, but I know there are a lot of other things that I can bring to the court
."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lexi has the type of personality and game that makes other kids want to hang out with her and play with her. Just as Kaleena helped recruit Moriah and Stewie (at least), Lexi is working on her friends. I think Christyn Williams is a UConn lean, perhaps strongly so. Megan Walker is also buddies with Lexi.

Regarding Lexi, paying her own way last year and almost making the team says a lot about her. I think she'll make a great Husky and a fan favorite.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I loved the part about her working on all her fellow Texans and players to come to UCONN with her. Including Chrystyn Williams.

The Class of 2017 could potentially be a blockbuster.

Just to be clear, Williams is in the 2018 class. UConn already has Espinoza-Hunter and Gordon plus the two transfers coming in '17. Gordon is supposedly "recruiting" '18 players like Sedona Prince, Charli Collier, and of course Williams.

Incidentally, Myra Gordon continues to get pretty rave reviews. She's a 2020 kid.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
CjbivyIW0AAi2sj.jpg

speaking to Sam this morning... she mentioned how she is developing a quality relationship with Lexi Gordon

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Emerging young TX Post

Chris Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenPSB 18h18 hours ago
Got to work with @tayllorjoness earlier this month at #CheckMeOutTexas & she is off to a good start at #USABwu17

CgwhltSUcAUU9gM.jpg

Taylor Jones

• Forney, TXHOMETOWN
  • Dallas Christian HighHIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-3 HEIGHT
DFW Elite Marchfest-March 2016: Agile finesse-5 prospect with emerging offensive arsenal; length and wingspan offer shot blocking presence; mobile in transition; untapped potential. (Olson )

I recently spoke with Taylor . She is already receiving strong interest from majority of Big 12. she quickly mentioned UConn as school she wants interest from

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Taylor Jones

• Forney, TXHOMETOWN
  • Dallas Christian HighHIGH SCHOOL
  • 6-3 HEIGHT
DFW Elite Marchfest-March 2016: Agile finesse-5 prospect with emerging offensive arsenal; length and wingspan offer shot blocking presence; mobile in transition; untapped potential. (Olson )

I recently spoke with Taylor . She is already receiving strong interest from majority of Big 12. she quickly mentioned UConn as school she wants interest from
Do you have the ability to reach out to the UCONN staff? I'm sure they have communications with coaches, etc. on the circuit.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
@passthaball: Look who still showing off the stroke!!! Lexi Bell Gordon lol

go to @passthaball twitter account to see the quick highlight clip ( top of key 3 )

Ms. Marissa ‏@passthaball
2017s is working Lexi Gordon into Rennia Davis

( highlight clip with Lexi displaying 2 dribble Mid Range pullup )

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
ProspectsNation.com‏@ProspectsNation
#USABwu17 First Impressions after three skill sessions from @KeilMoorePSB https://prospectsnation.com/story/usa-u17-trial-first-impressions…

Staying in Texas, Connecticut verbal commit Lexi Gordon of Fort Worth, Texas, brought an enthusiasm for the game that was unmatched. She is an effort and energy kid who has developed an elite skill set. This is a great combination for success.

Class of 2018 posts
Charli Collier of Mont Belvieu, Texas, and Sedona Prince of Liberty Hill, Texas, have stood out as two players looking to make their presence known around the rim. Their size is a factor but their understanding of how to use their body and then make the play has separated them early.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't want to be the one making the decision on the final 12 out of 143 excellent players.................Yikes!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Emerging young TX Post

CoachBill - Off Topic but be on the lookout for 2020 NJ guard named Kamari Reynolds, plays up with Toms River Starz, I have not seen her but the word is she is the next great player from South Jersey................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Gordon and Espinoza-Hunter bond, recruit at trials.

“We are getting to know each other so we have to build chemistry here,” Gordon said. “It is cool that she is committed and I am committed at the same time.

“She (Espinoza-Hunter) can shoot very well and she is a very good teammate as well. We are both energetic people and it helps us to recruit as well. Not yet but of course I talk up Connecticut. I am working on some people.”

Certainly one of those people could be top Class of 2018 prospect Christyn Williams who visited UConn with Gordon and now plays for the same Texas United Nike AAU program. Williams is also trying out for the U-17 squad.

“She is an extremely explosive guard, she brings a lot energy to the court,” Gordon said. “She is an unbelievable athlete, a great all-around player and I love playing with her. Off the court, we are pretty close so it translates onto the court as well.”

UConn commits Espinoza-Hunter, Gordon develop chemistry at U.S. U-17 trials

Reaction Score
I have said it before and I will say it again................I will be shocked if Christyn Williams chooses any school other then UConn..................in addition to her unofficial visit and her close relationship with Lexi Gordon, she currently follows Shea Ralph, Kia Stokes, Kia Nurse, Moriah Jefferson,Morgan Tuck, Uconn Huskies and UConn Women's Basketball on twitter so I think she has UConn on the brain.....................as well she should!!

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Charlie - will do

there is an Emerging Stud "Guard' in 2018 class in UConn's backyard ( NYC )

i saw JORDAN NIXON (from the Bronx ) a couple weeks ago at the Philly Face off event... and fellin love with her !
and now all reports out of CO , have her SHININ vs the country's best at the trials.

5'10" ...Smooth , Athletic... capable of competently & efficiently shining at either Guard spot. But i think she could really distinguish herself as a rangy PG that creates high % offense for herself & teammates all game. legit on both ends. competes on Defense! . Rebounds.
as i said, real smooth ! great pace with ball in her hands... terrific 1/2 court vision. legit pullup scorer... efficient with deep penetration either passing or athletic body control finishes.
for me...she evoked some visions of Alana Beard (former Duke star )
my eval coming away from that in person exposure..was that she was a consistent perim shot away from being a Complete Guard

Advanced basketball IQ & poise ... but yet true BALLA's competitor. have been able to talk to her... terrific kid with appetite to be Coached !

JustRegularMe ‏@JustRegularMe 25m25 minutes ago
#iExcel @ShakeJordan RT @NYGHoops: '18 Jordan Nixon Has played very well at #USABWU17

Tony Swindle ‏@TonySwindle 1h1 hour ago
Jordan Nixon man I like her... pg all the way through @usabasketball #USABASKETBALL #shesupshowcase

Ms. Marissa ‏@passthaball 1h1 hour ago
2018 Jordan Nixon is giving the business!! Out of NY

Premier Basketball ‏@PBRhoops 10h10 hours ago
Jordan Nixon (18-NY) drops DIMES!! #USABWU17

Nicc Jackson ‏@wcgbMedia 21h21 hours ago
'18 G Jordan Nixon (New York) has grown man game. @NYGHoops

CjcMqAWUkAAz8wu.jpg

Chris Hansen‏@ChrisHansenPSB
The play of @ShakeJordan the past two days has been crazy good. Poised, explosive, communicates. Would not be a surprise if she makes it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
there is an Emerging Stud "Guard' in 2018 class in UConn's backyard ( NYC )

i saw JORDAN NIXON (from the Bronx ) a couple weeks ago at the Philly Face off event... and fellin love with her !
and now all reports out of CO , have her SHININ vs the country's best at the trials.

Nixon is rated #17 at Prospects Nation. Here is another long scouting report on her.

#9 Jordan Nixon – iExcel Basketball -

Blue Star likes her a lot too:

Jordan Nixon – 2018 – 5-7 – PG – (New York, NY IExcel 15U/ 16U)

This point guard was one of the best prospects in any age group over the weekend. Nixon simply did it all. She has fantastic size as a lead guard with an explosive first step to boot. When you throw in her ability to hit the mid-range shot, ability to drive by defenders, plus the focus to finish over bigger players, you have to smile. She also drew plenty of fouls for playing down at the 15U.

Philly Face Off - Bluestar Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS