Adamec: in Colorado....great article on Lexi Gordon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec: in Colorado....great article on Lexi Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
she is 5'10" ... and that Eval doesn't touch on multiple aspects that def separate, distinguish her.

her advanced Passing capacity , all game competitiveness, and appetite to Defend

Reaction Score
Coach Bill. Is there a list of schools that Nixon is interested in? If so is UConn on that list??

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
ucalum - I havent gotten into that with her . she is 2018, and its def still very early in her process..

but I will inquire when she returns from USA trials . expecting her interest list to blow up very quickly

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not to meander too much, but here's a Prospects Nation report on Myra Gordon from last week.

https://prospectsnation.com/player/myra-gordon
Myra Gordon (Fort Worth, Texas), Texas United – 2020

Myra is the younger sister of UConn commit Lexi Gordon. She is showing some of the same elite talent but doing it as a point guard. She brings elite size as a point and a great understanding and feel for the game. She possesses superb court vision and passing ability. She’s a quick learner and student of the game. She’s a great leader and her teams were very manageable because of her ability to be coached and lead.

Check Me Out Texas Underclass | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
ucalum - I havent gotten into that with her . she is 2018, and its def still very early in her process..
Is her handle really "Shake"? Great nickname for a guard! And, FWIW (not much!), she's got terrific form and concentration from the still photo you posted.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
^^^

I talk to Sam Brunelle consistently .... obviously, it is extremely early in her process. But I definitely have impression that UConn is the frontrunner in her desired list

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
^^^

I talk to Sam Brunelle consistently .... obviously, it is extremely early in her process. But I definitely have impression that UConn is the frontrunner in her desired list

Very encouraging, thanks.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting that 5 2020 and 15 2019 kids made the first cut (including Myra Gordon)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Whoops - now down to 73 (another 28 cut this evening - still 14 2019 kids and 3 2020 including Myra Gordon.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adamec caught up with Christyn Williams:

Williams made the trip to Storrs with AAU teammate Lexi Gordon. After also receiving a scholarship offer, Gordon announced her commitment to the Huskies a month later.

But don't expect a decision from Williams soon.

"It was great trip and it's a fabulous campus," Williams said. "Lexi and I became friends here a year ago and we're AAU teammates now. We're like best friends and we decided to take the trip to UConn together. She actually committed. She is definitely trying to recruit me, but it's fun and games at this point. The difference with me is I'm not looking to commit anytime soon. I'm a year behind Lexi.

"I've been thinking about some visits during the football season coming up so I can get on more campuses and get a better feel for some of the schools that I'm looking at."

Top sophomore Williams determined to earn USA U-17 spot

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Williams made the trip to Storrs with AAU teammate Lexi Gordon. After also receiving a scholarship offer, Gordon announced her commitment to the Huskies a month later.

But don't expect a decision from Williams soon.

"It was great trip and it's a fabulous campus," Williams said. "Lexi and I became friends here a year ago and we're AAU teammates now. We're like best friends and we decided to take the trip to UConn together. She actually committed. She is definitely trying to recruit me, but it's fun and games at this point. The difference with me is I'm not looking to commit anytime soon. I'm a year behind Lexi.

"I've been thinking about some visits during the football season coming up so I can get on more campuses and get a better feel for some of the schools that I'm looking at."

A 3.6 GPA and 1,678 points in 2 seasons. Christyn is a hard worker on and off the court.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Down to 41 and it seems there is controversy as usual.

Lexi Gordon didn't make it, unfortunately, but Espinoza-Hunter did.

Others who made the cut include Brunelle, Cosgrove, DeCosta, Scott-Grayson, Collier, Gilbert, Prince, and Christyn Williams.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjolPdMUoAAbC5Q.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
^^^

A couple notables missing are Nalyssa Smith and the aforementioned Jordan Nixon.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
both Gordons have been cut. 5 2019 and 1 2020

Reaction Score
There's no shame in not making this team with the amount of talent gathered there............I have no doubt that you could field some very competitive teams with the players that have already been cut...........Based on Lexi's attitude, I'll bet that she will just use this setback as motivation to work on her game for the next year before she reaches UConn....................

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There's no shame in not making this team with the amount of talent gathered there..I have no doubt that you could field some very competitive teams with the players that have already been cut......Based on Lexi's attitude, I'll bet that she will just use this setback as motivation to work on her game for the next year before she reaches UConn.....
Following in the footsteps of another decent TX HS kid - Moriah Jefferson! It took her three tries to make a team.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

Umm, visits during football season? Does that suggest something else that factors into her decision-making process? If so, that is NOT a good sign.

Also, it seems that UConn is already rather loaded at the guard and wing position, and will be more so if Walker commits. I guess Geno is OK with that if he made an offer to a high school sophomore guard, but still it seems strange.

Reaction Score
Umm, visits during football season? Does that suggest something else that factors into her decision-making process? If so, that is NOT a good sign.
Maybe she plans on trying out for the football team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom