Adamec: Geno looked at an elite 2019'er | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Geno looked at an elite 2019'er

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've looked at driving from Alexandria to watch both of them. Megan and Sam are each about 2 hours (plus traffic) away. They are at least an hour away from each other.

Sam's local competition is probably not very good (small towns), but she has played with Team USA and excelled. Some folks think she's #3-5 in her class, while others see her as #1.

I've seen reports of 6'2" and 6'3". My guess is that she is decidedly shorter than EDD. However, suppose she has Lou's size and ability. I'm guessing that we would be very happy to have another player like Lou. :D

So, Maya left in 2011, and Kaleena came to Storrs. Kaleena left in 2015, and Lou came to Storrs. Lou will leave in 2019. Getting Sam will certainly soften the loss of Lou.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
10881711_G.jpg

That is Sam with the blonde bun. I believe that is Charli Collier to her right and Christyn Williams to her left. Sam--class of 2019--is "playing up." Let's get that trio! I believe ONO is the tall player at the bottom of the photo.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kib, come on you know the drill with UConn #'s all Brunelle will have to do is ask KLS is she can wear it and as is the custom for HoH numbers, the player will say yes! Think Maya and KLM....

Good catch! IIRC, the first time this came up is when Tiffany Hayes wanted #3 and Diana said "OK."

Hmm. Wasn't there a more recent #3? :rolleyes:

If Sam comes to UConn :) and asks for #33, you can bet that Geno will tell her, "You've got a tough act to follow." ;)

Reaction Score
:)

Seriously, Storrs is a pretty neat town. Small, but there's okay eating and shopping and a sizable student body for critical mass. Hartford is a mixed bag, of course, but it too has some pretty neat things: terrific restaurants (thanks to the insurance industry and it being the state capital) and a fantastic Athenaeum (which, recently remodeled, has a terrific restaurant as well). Quality of life is very high in Storrs. The problem is that there's not much else within easy distance, but you could do a lot, lot worse....And, if you're going to be spending most of your time in the gm and the classroom and hanging with your teammates, it's a very good (and safe!) place to spend four years.

I enjoyed and ate well without moving off of campus at Storrs but I went home to Tolland-. Manchester today is a far cry from what it was 20 or more years ago--some decent eateries. Some of the eating place around Rockville were pretty good als0. That is what I like about you--you see the good

Reaction Score
She lives 30 minutes from UVa. Fortunately, the Cavs have never been a contender in her lifetime (last sweet 16 was before her birth). And haven't made the tourney since 2010.
True, but I have season tickets for the UVA women and have seen her at several games. Would love to see Sam with the Huskies, but the Hoos need her much more.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Somehow I prefer this photo:

C0tMCGOVQAAYPCV.jpg:large

Previous

Besides being a basketball enthusiast and early talent scout par excellence, do you -- per chance -- have a desire to be a casting director? :cool: :D (I'm also thinking of the posts of the frosh from Mainland, NJ.)

In any case, I'm getting some "MeganWalker type of vibes" on this particular recruiting front. Geno's moving early and often and she's taking trips to CT. Wouldn't be surprised to see -- at best -- a few schools on her list with UConn and UVA among them. Sigh....

Reaction Score
Besides being a basketball enthusiast and early talent scout par excellence, do you -- per chance -- have a desire to be a casting director? :cool: :D (I'm also thinking of the posts of the frosh from Mainland, NJ.)

In any case, I'm getting some "MeganWalker type of vibes" on this particular recruiting front. Geno's moving early and often and she's taking trips to CT. Wouldn't be surprised to see -- at best -- a few schools on her list with UConn and UVA among them. Sigh....

I actually was a casting director for JC Penney before they left NYC for beautiful Plano Texas..........Sam B certainly looks the part

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I like our chances of getting her alot. I heard she really likes UConn. Another Dream Team in the making

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I actually was a casting director for JC Penney before they left NYC for beautiful Plano Texas.....Sam B certainly looks the part

For sure, re: Sam B.

I guess we say the same every year, but the talent in 2019 is pretty intriguing and varied, from talent, geographical background and fits with certain programs. A few are committed but such a range:

- Forwards from Virginia (Sam Brunelle) and Alaska (Alissa Pill);
- Posts from nearby Massachusetts (Aliyah Boston) and the deep South of Alabama (River Baldwin);
- Wings flying out of the mid-western states of Ohio (Sammie Puisis), Illinois (Breanna Beal) and Michigan (Rickea Jackson);
- Point Guards that play with other top recruits in Virginia (Ashley Owusu) and Illinois/Indiana (Anaya Peoples);
- Guards from New York (Celeste Taylor, Lauren Hansen), Iowa (Zoe Young), Kierstan Bell (Ohio) and California (Alexis Tucker).

Plus, for us Jersey guys...
- guards Michelle Sidor and Asonah Alexander and forward Faith Masonious.

As this recruiting process becomes even more accelerated, it's amazing how far "up the highway" you have to pay attention.
The NCAA is considering the lacrosse coaches recommendation to curtail any contact with recruits until beginning of junior year. That takes place in April and, if approved, would take effect in September. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

So, regarding JC Penney, were you on 6th Avenue before they went southwest? I worked south of you at International Paper before they split their corporate offices between Ct. and Memphis, TN (guess where I was slated to go? ;)).

Reaction Score
I like our chances of getting her alot. I heard she really likes UConn. Another Dream Team in the making

Thank You Tony! Can always count on your inside information. Looking forward to watching Sam play for UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom