Adama vs Kofi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adama vs Kofi

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was shocked Kofi came back. He could have been drafted. I have always loved his game, but he plays much more like a traditional big when compare to our boy. Sanogo is far more agile with the ball and has better footwork. Also, he's not as bulky/muscular. I like Sanogo better as far as how he fits in with what we try to do, but would have loved to see Kofi on this squad.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I like our chances with our guy. He doesn't embarass himself in the strength department and he also doesn't get completely lost if the games speeds up.

If an out of shape plumber can take it to Kofi, our guy can do the same
Cameron Krutwig, the Loyola player that schooled him, plays the harmonica and I was not surprised when I heard that

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Both coaches would try to force the action with their big. It all depends how many fouls the survivor had left when the other one fouled out.

Reaction Score
What a weird game to post about Kofi being dominant. He had 12 pts, 3 reb on 5-15 shooting and fouled out in 24 minutes.

Reaction Score
No it reeks of a great matchup.

And point out what I said that wasn’t factual
Well, none of it's "factual" it's entirely speculative.

But if you want me to poke holes, I'd start with the fact that Sanogo has no jumper facing the basket 8+ ft out at all. I'm not sure I've ever seen him even take one. So you'd just sag off him if he chose to try that route.

And for the record, Kofi isn't exactly lead-footed. So let's not have him plodding around in cement shoes, okay?

Reaction Score

But if you want me to poke holes, I'd start with the fact that Sanogo has no jumper facing the basket 8+ ft out at all. I'm not sure I've ever seen him even take one. So you'd just sag off him if he chose to try that route.

And for the record, Kofi isn't exactly lead-footed. So let's not have him plodding around in cement shoes, okay?
I seem to recall several occasions this year where Sanogo has hit the 12-15 ft jumper. His shot looked pretty pure to me from that range.

Reaction Score
Funny enough Kofi's coach Brad Underwood got tossed of out their game last night too....Underwood and Hurley coach with similar energy

Reaction Score
Kofi is a bigger, albeit less agile version of Sanogo. His size lets him dominate in a way that Sanogo can't, so Sanogo relies more on finesse, instincts, and touch (which were absurdly advanced for a freshman big last year and frankly we don't give Hurley enough credit for identifying that talent).

The fact that Kofi came back shows how much farther Sanogo has to go to be draft-worthy.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Dude is an absolute load - he’s got 3 inches on Sanogo. I think Sanogo has developed a little more finesse this year than what Kofi has but I think there’s not really a question of who would win this matchup if it happened today.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
kofi is the high school kid playing in a middle school game. his 50 pound weight advantage will dissipate as he moves up in class. the phenotypical big 10 big man. i call them all 'oh?done!'
adama, he of nary a sniff for all big east preseason first team by the experts, has shown a remarkable ability to learn and improve this season, and while ohdone will get some dunks and such in a match up, adama's growing craftiness will cause kofi nightmares. if adama continues his learning curve, his college ceiling could be timme like, who currently is in the national poy pool.
of course, chet owns the 'likely future' ceiling for 'big men' in the nation.
everrbuddy else can go home since ol chet can block a shot at the top of the backboard, then go coast to coast with a crossover and finish with a slam, or a three from halfcourt. when kofi tries another 3 foot shot, he'll be launching it into chet's jersey. chestblocks!
hav sum.
d5aRfPa1TUX3P2rd.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Dude is an absolute load - he’s got 3 inches on Sanogo. I think Sanogo has developed a little more finesse this year than what Kofi has but I think there’s not really a question of who would win this matchup if it happened today.

Great video. #22 for Wisconsin is 7'0", 234 and #33 is 7'0", 257. Sanogo is listed at 6'9", 240.

Reaction Score
I see some Shaq in Kofi. I see some Hakeem in Sanogo. What amazes me about Sanogo is that he has finished with at least 5 breakaway dunks this season. That's not something you see many bigs do.

Reaction Score
Kofi would manhandle Adama. He is more physically dominant and skilled. I do think Adama works harder whereas it looks like Kofi turns his efforts on and off and can look pretty pedestrian from what I've seen. Consistent hard work matters.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
if kofi even dared to come out on chet to try and guard him at the three, chet will just go behind the back or bounce it thru ohdones' legs, and go all windmill slam on his haid. unguardable.

Reaction Score
What a weird game to post about Kofi being dominant. He had 12 pts, 3 reb on 5-15 shooting and fouled out in 24 minutes.
When I posted this there was about 5 minutes to go in the 1st half. I agree with your summary; it turned out not to be Kofi's best game. OSU drove inside relentlessly and wound up fouling him out, Props to OSU for succeeding in doing that.

It was interesting that IL actually played better with their center sub, Hawkins, playing the 5. And they almost forced OT after being down 11 late in the 2nd half. IL certainly was able to increase their pace w/o Kofi in the lineup. Adama appears to be able to handle a fast-paced game better than Kofi, although I am not sure that he can handle Kofi inside given the 3" difference in height, and being at least 35 pounds lighter.

Reaction Score
When I posted this there was about 5 minutes to go in the 1st half. I agree with your summary; it turned out not to be Kofi's best game. OSU drove inside relentlessly and wound up fouling him out, Props to OSU for succeeding in doing that.

It was interesting that IL actually played better with their center sub, Hawkins, playing the 5. And they almost forced OT after being down 11 late in the 2nd half. IL certainly was able to increase their pace w/o Kofi in the lineup. Adama appears to be able to handle a fast-paced game better than Kofi, although I am not sure that he can handle Kofi inside given the 3" difference in height, and being at least 35 pounds lighter.
Let's play them in the NCAA tournament and find out. Should be a good matchup.

Reaction Score
The real debate? Hurley vs Underwood.

Who raised the roof better?

Underwood put in a heck of an effort, but it looked like he may have thrown a shoulder there. An alternative for the future would be a Hulk-esque rage pose to pump up the crowd, followed by (or also preceded by) a static, wide-armed raise the raise that leads with the finger tips rather than flapping with the arms.

Reaction Score
There are only 3 players in the NBA who weigh more than Kofi, and one of them is Tacko Fall. Dude has unbelievable size.

Illinois would not be a fun match-up for us.

Reaction Score
The real debate? Hurley vs Underwood.

Who raised the roof better?

Underwood put in a heck of an effort, but it looked like he may have thrown a shoulder there. An alternative for the future would be a Hulk-esque rage pose to pump up the crowd, followed by (or also preceded by) a static, wide-armed raise the raise that leads with the finger tips rather than flapping with the arms.

Danny ripping off his shirt would be amazing and well worth the ejection.

Reaction Score

As I've posted in other threads Sanogo has had at least five breakaway dunks this season. I highly doubt that Cockburn has anywhere near that level of athleticism. As @RichZ pointed out this would likely come down to whoever gets in foul trouble being at a tremendous disadvantage.

Reaction Score
Walker Kessler the supposed best defensive big man in college hoops got dominated by Sanogo. Kofi is a load, true. But Sanogo is a MAN. It’d be a great matchup

Reaction Score
i'm sorry but with bouk and kofi last year we woulda been an elite 8/final 4 contender. same with this year.

i highly doubt kofi is coming back next year though and we could be a final 4 contender next year with adama

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think overall Kofi has an edge over Sanogo. Physically he has it over Sanogo
However both have their ups and downs and if they played 10 games one would be better 6 and one would be 4.
I think it would boil down to who stays out of foul trouble.
Its a lot closer than it was last year

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I seem to recall several occasions this year where Sanogo has hit the 12-15 ft jumper. His shot looked pretty pure to me from that range.
I think several is overboard. If it was a true weapon I would hope DH would exploit it. If it is something that can be counted on at least 65% success it is a huge error not to use it. I really don't think it's something player or coach is comfortable with, however, if he has dreams of playing NBA ball he needs to become proficient with a mid-range shot. He will not be an ideal 5 in the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom