2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo to UConn | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo to UConn

Reaction Score
Patrick School at Luhi 2/13/20
higher quality version of the game vs Luhi.

Adama is a massive addition. A do it all big man.

He steps out for a feathery jumper just beyond the free throw line early on. If you’ve watched his games you’ll know what a quality finisher he is with both hands. Catches and rebounds like no big we’ve seen at UConn in several seasons. Agile and fluid attacking the rim ending with a finish or a dish.

The way the staff has proven to gradually improve the talent they’ve brought in.. Adama doesn’t have much in the way of a ceiling right now, with expected improvements to his athleticism(only 17).

The game against IMG showed so much of this. Sanogo’s first game back, from ineligibility, and he carries his team to the finish line, albeit in a 20 point loss, with 24 and 12. Was up against multiple 7’ footers, high major D1 commits, and top 100 recruits and was the only real bright spot for The Patrick School. Also, Samson Johnson has loads of potential. The Patrick School (NJ) vs IMG Academy (FL) - HoopHall Classic - ESPN Broadcast Highlights

Who is #21 on LUHI?

Reaction Score
Who is #21 on LUHI?

Zed Key. 3-star going to OSU. Had 37 points and 16 rebound in this game.

Good player. Just not big or athletic enough at the C spot to have a high ranking. Lower NBA potential. I could see him turning out to be a great college player though.

Reaction Score
I have to admit I got my hopes up and I wanted him more than Mac or Cliff. Him being from Jersey, climbing up to near 5 star rankings for 21 and being the exact kind of player we needed just felt right. I’m hoping for a solid shooter/ball handler as my number one wish for next year. Someone who can develop as a successor to bouk playing next to Martin and Jackson. I think Cole, gaffney, Jackson/Martin, Sanogo and Javonte Brown Ferguson as sophomores is nearly as good as what we’ll have next year. Bright future as long as we can keep everyone happy while they wait for their turns in the starting five.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Last summer, I compared teams that left the Big East to teams that stayed in the Big East. There are obviously many variables at play, but teams that left the Big East (Syracuse, Pitt, UConn, BC) fared worse, on average, than teams that stayed in the Big East, relative to their previous performance.

and they left for football where they really didn't do well

C

Chief00

I have to admit I got my hopes up and I wanted him more than Mac or Cliff. Him being from Jersey, climbing up to near 5 star rankings for 21 and being the exact kind of player we needed just felt right. I’m hoping for a solid shooter/ball handler as my number one wish for next year. Someone who can develop as a successor to bouk playing next to Martin and Jackson. I think Cole, gaffney, Jackson/Martin, Sanogo and Javonte Brown Ferguson as sophomores is nearly as good as what we’ll have next year. Bright future as long as we can keep everyone happy while they wait for their turns in the starting five.
Some dudes won’t have to “wait their turn”. Their turn is now, assuming they put in the work.

Reaction Score
Some dudes won’t have to “wait their turn”. Their turn is now, assuming they put in the work.
Agreed. I’m thinking about Javonte Brown Ferguson and Springs. I think they are both going to very good players for us, but I don’t see a lot of minutes to go to the next year. We’ll see. I’m sure it’ll work itself out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone have a link to either of the game tapes of him dominating Rutgers commit Clifford Omoruyi?

Another full game available here if you're still looking for some to watch.

Adama:

8 PTS
8 REB
0 AST

5 TO
1 STL
2 BLK

3/11 FG
2/2 FT

Cliff:

11 PTS
7 REB
0 AST

1 TO
1 STL
5 BLK

4/11 FG
3/4 FT

Little more evently matched between Sanogo/Cliff this time. Edge definitely to cliff with his blocks and defense overall. Cliff didn’t score much on Sanogo directly early on, but there were times his size/athleticism were just noticeably better. Cliff played 32 mins, Sanogo played maybe 27-28.

Roselle played a ton of 2-3 zone most of this game which flustered Sanogo and his whole team.. Made a few turnovers and got frustrated. Sloppy game by boths teams because of the zone.

Offensively, Sanogo is clearly more comfortable in the PnR. Without that he struggled a little bit.

Patrick School often takes out Sanogo when they want to press. Go with Samson Johnson at the 5.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Another full game available here if you're still looking for some to watch.

Adama:

8 PTS
8 REB
0 AST

5 TO
1 STL
2 BLK

3/11 FG
2/2 FT

Cliff:

11 PTS
7 REB
0 AST

1 TO
1 STL
5 BLK

4/11 FG
3/4 FT

Little more evently matched between Sanogo/Cliff this time. Edge definitely to cliff with his blocks and defense overall. Cliff didn’t score much on Sanogo directly early on, but there were times his size/athleticism were just noticeably better. Cliff played 32 mins, Sanogo played maybe 27-28.

Roselle played a ton of 2-3 zone most of this game which flustered Sanogo and his whole team.. Made a few turnovers and got frustrated. Sloppy game by boths teams because of the zone.

Offensively, Sanogo is clearly more comfortable in the PnR. Without that he struggled a little bit.

Patrick School often takes out Sanogo when they want to press. Go with Samson Johnson at the 5.

Because people have been filming all of Kuminga’s games for the past 2 years there’s tons of tape on him, just needed to look harder. Almost all of OSNA’s games from last year are on YouTube. The Rens games are interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Sanogo VC vaulted us into ESPN's Top 25 recruiting classes at #16. That's the best in the Big East.

1589470731555.png

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Here’s an interesting game to watch. Sanogo(as a soph at OSNA) last year vs 2021 Uconn target Rasool Diggins. Hurley was at this event. Notice how much skinnier Sanogo was. His scouting report at the time was long, defensive oriented type big. He’s totally changed his game since then.

Reaction Score
Seems like the player type that we have been unable to get over the last 5 years, a down low force. We've been swinging and missing for along time. What to expect year one? Am I making too much of this?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Seems like the player type that we have been unable to get over the last 5 years, a down low force. We've been swinging and missing for along time. What to expect year one? Am I making too much of this?

No, you're not making too much of this. This is a GREAT signing!

Tell me more about the sandwich in your avatar and someone here with greater BB knowledge than me will tell you details about Adama.

Reaction Score

Tell me more about the sandwich in your avatar and someone here with greater BB knowledge than me will tell you details about Adama.
Here's Evan Daniels' report on him:

PROJECTION
Power-5 Starter

A strong, tough post prospect, Sanogo impacts the game with his energy, rebounding and physical play in the paint. He has a sturdy, wide build, and just OK athleticism. Sanogo consistently plays hard and leaves his mark on the backboard. To go with his motor, Sanogo loves to compete, has fine hands, decent touch around the basket and is confident in facing up defenders and attacking out of the high post.

Reaction Score

Exciting to hear about Sanogo, sounds great. My favorite quality deli sandwich was the "Woody Allen" a pastrami/corned beef monster at the now closed Carnegie in NY. You can actually get sandwiches like my avatar at Harold's in New Jersey where everything is huge and decent quality. They do a group sandwich which is served on its side and stretches down a table. Be prepared to tax your credit card and take home leftovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom