Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago

Reaction Score
If he didn't, wouldn't there be one less spot for Adama?

In theory yes but Adama is on a 2 way contract. First he has to prove enough in summer league to get into the G League rotation, and then he’ll have to do well enough there to get looks for the official roster

If Drummond isn’t coming back, my guess is Chicago will sign a backup C instead of picking into their G League roster. Adama will play most of his minutes in the G League this season. Could get some NBA minutes if there is injury, he dominates the G League, or if he’s in the right place/right time during a blowout and gets garbage time minutes

Reaction Score
Drummond opting out has very little effect on Sanogo.

Sanogo will most likely play in the Summer League, but I don't believe that undrafted free agent rookies are routinely awarded full NBA deals right off the bat. When all is said and done, he'll have to earn his way the Windy City Bulls...If he sticks with the organization, that is.
Routinely? No. But some are, especially when a team doesn't have their full number of picks (in this case Chicago only had 1) and if a player was projected to be drafted but wasn't (usually indicating some promise negotiation shenanigans). But obviously his contract was already reported to be a 2-way, so that's why it's moot.

Reaction Score
They have a nasty cap situation though I believe. If Lavine, Derozan, Ball and Vuc are all on the roster that's like 108 million in those four guys, with Ball questionnable for next year. Then they have another 24ish in Caruso, Williams, and Terry. So that's putting them at 132 for seven guys. Luxury Tax threshold is 162, so they have around 30 million to play with for at least 7 guys to get to the minimum roster allocation. Assuming they don't go past the Tax.

They have made QO to SF Taylor for 1.8 (was a two-way last year), PG Dosunmu for 5.2, and PG White 7.7. Which if they re-sign would put the Bulls at 15 or so remaining for 4 spots (five to get to max roster). White might not resign though and could command more. They also have Phillips as a second rounder to sign. Sanogo would also count in some way to the salary, though I am unclear on how two-ways affect salary cap but I think it depends on when it's converted.

I'm only a casual fan so someone else go for it, but I do believe the Bulls are in a pickle and that gives Sanogo a chance.
There's nothing questionable about Ball next year, he's not playing next season and the Bulls have to pay him. His playing career is likely over.

Reaction Score

Should have plenty of mins available. Sanogo is better than all these losers

Terry, Bitim, Phillips, Lewis, and Sanogo are the only guys that matter on the roster (and likely the starting lineup).

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Should have plenty of mins available. Sanogo is better than all these losers

Looking at the Bulls roster like:
spongebob squarepants patrick GIF

Reaction Score
The love affair with contested three pointers and low percentage kamikaze drives shows how little NBA statistics "experts" understand conditional probability. The first team that figures out that 1-on1 low post basketball results in more efficient scoring than chucking wild 3 point attempts against defenses designed to defend those shots will pick up at least 5 wins in a year.
I agree, things go in cycles and tend to revert to the mean. Both big men and fast breaks will come back. Denver actually did both, so it may be already happening.
All Adama does is win and beats the heck out of his man.

Reaction Score
In theory yes but Adama is on a 2 way contract. First he has to prove enough in summer league to get into the G League rotation, and then he’ll have to do well enough there to get looks for the official roster

If Drummond isn’t coming back, my guess is Chicago will sign a backup C instead of picking into their G League roster. Adama will play most of his minutes in the G League this season. Could get some NBA minutes if there is injury, he dominates the G League, or if he’s in the right place/right time during a blowout and gets garbage time minutes
I expect Adama to be pretty dominant in the summer and G leagues. He’s gonna earn his chance to play in the NBA imo

Reaction Score
Interesting that he's going to be competing with Michael Porter Jr's brother for center minutes in the summer league. Jontay Porter has had a lot of opportunities to prove himself at this level (finished college in 2019) and hasn't yet, so I could definitely see Sanogo having a decent amount of opportunities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom