Adama Sanogo, MOP!

Sanogo

• Yes

Votes: 58 95.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Just an unstoppable force. Averaged 20 and 10 for the tournament.

Adama is the first player to have a double double in the Elite 8, Semifinal and National Championship game since Carmelo Anthony in 2003.

Rip. Emeka. Kemba. Shabazz. Adama.

Reaction Score
And this is worth adding to Adama’s MVP tournament performance …

In addition to averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds, he also averaged 1.3 blocks per game. He went 50-75 from the floor for 67 percent shooting. All in only about 25 minutes per game. He had four double doubles.

And last night, when San Diego State made its 9-0 run in the second half cutting the lead to 6, Adama made a huge put back in traffic extending the lead to 8 and the Aztecs never again made a threat. It was the biggest play of the game.

And he did it all while fasting, something he never talked about unless he was asked.

“Anything is possible,” he said during the celebration.

Indeed.

Reaction Score
I voted yes
Question. Will other teams restrict eating from sunrise to sunset?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really nice article. Adama is keeping the ball. Good luck taking it away from him.

As his teammates hugged each other, the 6-foot-9 junior wrapped his arms around that basketball. One more part of this month and this event that Sanogo completely owned. “I needed that ball,” he said, though as the net-cutting continued, it had mysteriously disappeared from his possession. “That’s a ball I want to save for my kids, my grandkids. I needed that ball. I’m definitely keeping it. Definitely.”

Reaction Score
Hard to think of too many other UConn players that have maximized their talent as much as Sanogo. His growth these past years has been incredible to watch. A testament to both the coaching staff as well as his unbelievable work ethic.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Adama was an unstoppable force on both ends of the floor for us, a great player, true warrior, legend, and a nice human being.

Minutes ago, I just ordered an Adama jersey .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom