Adama and Donovan | The Boneyard

Adama and Donovan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Curious to see if people think Adama and Donovan will be able to play together. From what I've seen they have a similar style of game and could cause some spacing issues. I may also be thinking incorrectly to think Donovan will contribute a lot his freshman year but I am very excited to have a legit 7 footer and a CT kid on top of it on the UConn roster.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Curious to see if people think Adama and Donovan will be able to play together. From what I've seen they have a similar style of game and could cause some spacing issues. I may also be thinking incorrectly to think Donovan will contribute a lot his freshman year but I am very excited to have a legit 7 footer and a CT kid on top of it on the UConn roster.
Unless Clingan is a beast offensively, I doubt it. I also expect him to rack up a lot of fouls early on. The speed and athleticism of high major college basketball is a jump, especially for bigs.

The more interesting question is whether Akok will play at the same time as Sanogo.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
if adama returns, coach should roll out a starting lineup of him, donovan, akok, samson, and springs. for affect.
who gets slapped with the shorty nickname in that posse?

Reaction Score
Perhaps Donavan plays the Cyrulik role as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Clingan will be Sanogo's backup. I think Clingan will be better than many here seem to think. Not as polished as Sanogo offensively in terms of scoring game or body but he's way bigger and a way better passer. He's a legit 7'2, probably has like a 7'7 wingspan.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No. I expect Clingan to do some what Thabeet did on offense, play at the top of the key and pass inside or outside. If he can hit that jumper, great. But that's going to be his early role on offense would be my guess. Of defense, I don't know that he'll ever be able to do what Hurley wants.

I'm less worried about playing with Adama than I am with Johnson. Johnson has to be the starting 4 next year unless Akok somehow finds his way back into the mix. The pieces Hurley brought in are a really weird fit for how he seems to want to play.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Donovan has a couple inches on Adama but he’s noticeably slower. I don’t think the two could play much together and I don’t think we get much out of Clingan his first year.

It’s hard to tell what, if any, impact he’s going to have because he played at Bristol and the competition is abysmal.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ll say no if Samson and Akok come back. You’ll have 3 PFs on the roster to find minutes for. But if they didn’t, you might see spot minutes for Sanogo at the 4, but that would be worse case scenario.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
if adama returns, it's gonna be big fun to watch donny jackin 3's while Mr. O Boards is camping out in the box, grabbing anything he can get to.
i was told here, way back when mr clingan announced, that he wouldn't get 30 jacks in his entire 4 year career here.
as if.....
if adama doesn't return, well, let's just say that is a whole new kettle of fish, and a bridge that we will cross when we get to it.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Donovan has a couple inches on Adama but he’s noticeably slower. I don’t think the two could play much together and I don’t think we get much out of Clingan his first year.

It’s hard to tell what, if any, impact he’s going to have because he played at Bristol and the competition is abysmal.

He has at least 5 inches. Maybe 6.

I dont think people realize. Polley is tallest player on our team.

Reaction Score
Clingan will be Sanogo's backup. I think Clingan will be better than many here seem to think. Not as polished as Sanogo offensively in terms of scoring game or body but he's way bigger and a way better passer. He's a legit 7'2, probably has like a 7'7 wingspan.
But how do we play D with him? Can he move enough to hedge?

Reaction Score
He has at least 5 inches. Maybe 6.

I dont think people realize. Polley is tallest player on our team.
Is he taller than Samson Johnson? Johnson is listed an inch taller and he looks pretty big on screen. Haven't seen him too close up though.

Hard to imagine Donovan and Sanogo playing together much, if ever. Gonna be another loaded front court next year though.

Reaction Score
Donovan can come off the bench with the second unit and be their C, and/or when Adama is in foul trouble. The minutes will be there for him.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Is he taller than Samson Johnson? Johnson is listed an inch taller and he looks pretty big on screen. Haven't seen him too close up though.

Hard to imagine Donovan and Sanogo playing together much, if ever. Gonna be another loaded front court next year though.

Wasnt really counting samson but he and polley are about the same size. You could give or take 1/2 inch either way. Especially since Polley has the bushy top now :)

Ive seen Donovan on the concourse at games a bunch this year. There is big and there is BIG. He is BIG. A legit 7 plus footer in a world full of inflated heights.

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner is a sophomore and torched UCONN. His freshman year he averaged 13.6 min/game and 5.9 pts/game. Jordan Hawkins is averaging 14.7 min/game and 5.8 pts/game.

Donovan has to play at least that much.

Reaction Score
Have you seen the competition Clingan plays against? He likely won't touch the floor his freshman year, similar to Samson. His learning curve will be pretty steep the first couple years.

By the time he's ready to play meaningful minutes (20+) as a junior, Adama will have graduated

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wasnt really counting samson but he and polley are about the same size. You could give or take 1/2 inch either way. Especially since Polley has the bushy top now :)

Ive seen Donovan on the concourse at games a bunch this year. There is big and there is BIG. He is BIG. A legit 7 plus footer in a world full of inflated heights.

Taller than Springs?

I always figured Polley had 1/2 to 1 inch on Whaley and 2 inches on Sanogo.

I would have thought Johnson, Springs and Akok were three tallest ayers on the team

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Have you seen the competition Clingan plays against? He likely won't touch the floor his freshman year, similar to Samson. His learning curve will be pretty steep the first couple years.

By the time he's ready to play meaningful minutes (20+) as a junior, Adama will have graduated
Nonsense. He won’t be getting less than 20 before he’s a junior

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner is a sophomore and torched UCONN. His freshman year he averaged 13.6 min/game and 5.9 pts/game. Jordan Hawkins is averaging 14.7 min/game and 5.8 pts/game.

Donovan has to play at least that much.
He also had 4 points against UConn this year. Creighton has no depth for bigs. The situations are not comparable.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Taller than Springs?

I always figured Polley had 1/2 to 1 inch on Whaley and 2 inches on Sanogo.

I would have thought Johnson, Springs and Akok were three tallest ayers on the team
Yup. Richie is about same as Whaley. Maybe even a hair shorter.
Akok and polley very similar.

It's funny. If Polley were a center they would list him as 6' 11'' . LOL.

Reaction Score
The team is going to be soooo different next year. The whole frontcourt (that plays) could be gone.

Reaction Score
The team is going to be soooo different next year. The whole frontcourt (that plays) could be gone.
1646428894597.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco