Adam Silver changes stance on age-limit rule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adam Silver changes stance on age-limit rule

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That idea basically destroys the transfer market.

Think of the effect of kids transferring after their frosh year (not declaring for draft) or grad transfers.

Hard pass on that.

These are adults. They are student athletes. Not employees. How about we treat them as such?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That idea basically destroys the transfer market.

Think of the effect of kids transferring after their frosh year (not declaring for draft) or grad transfers.

Hard pass on that.

These are adults. They are student athletes. Not employees. How about we treat them as such?

I thought it was clearly defined as guys going pro. Anyone who transfers is staying in college so doesn't count against you. Nor kids who take a year off or what have you.

This has nothing to do with how you treat the kids. It's about creating the best possible on the floor product, by promoting compete balance and continuity. Jmo

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I thought it was clearly defined as guys going pro. Anyone who transfers is staying in college so doesn't count against you. Nor kids who take a year off or what have you.

This has nothing to do with how you treat the kids. It's about creating the best possible on the floor product, by promoting compete balance and continuity. Jmo

It has everything to do with how you treat the kids. It's their lives. You operate a monopoly (which is a whole separate issue), and these kids are the ones who suffer.

Continuity is overrated. Kids have been leaving early in bunches for literally decades now.

If you're gonna let a cam Johnson go to unc then there's no point in trying to tell kids when they can and when they can't get paid.

Reaction Score
This rule will be magically changed once LeBron's kid becomes of age. Just wait.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It has everything to do with how you treat the kids. It's their lives. You operate a monopoly (which is a whole separate issue), and these kids are the ones who suffer.

Continuity is overrated. Kids have been leaving early in bunches for literally decades now.

If you're gonna let a cam Johnson go to unc then there's no point in trying to tell kids when they can and when they can't get paid.

I think you're misunderstanding. The kids part in this would be exactly the same as it has always been.

They can go where they want and when they want and be unaffected. It would be exactly the same as it is now for each individual kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom