AD, How tall is he? | The Boneyard

AD, How tall is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is he 6'10 or 6' 11 in shoes ? The announcers use both heights. Also is he 260, 270 or 280 lbs? I've heard a whole range of weight used for him. Also as an 18 year old he could grow what maybe another 2 inches? 7' has a nice ring to it.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Taller than SouthTampaBill ... but likely only .95 Hilton Units.

nbadraft lists him at 6'10" 270, ESPN at 6'11" 275, rivals at 6'10" 260. I'm sure he fluctuates on the weight but looks closer to 6'11" to me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn lists him at 6'10", 270.

They tend to be fairly accurate.

(My auto-answer to the nitwit who will write "Yeah, but they listed Ricky Moore at 6'1 and he was 5'3 1/2 in heels is "Just shut up.")

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He appears to be at least 2 inches taller then TO and AO when standing next to them on the court.
I would estimate 1.00 Hilton units

Reaction Score
He is exactly 1.00 ANDRE units.

The Andre unit has replaced the Hilton unit which is now equal to infinity.

Reaction Score
UConn lists him at 6'10", 270.

They tend to be fairly accurate.

(My auto-answer to the nitwit who will write "Yeah, but they listed Ricky Moore at 6'1 and he was 5'3 1/2 in heels is "Just shut up.")
Without a tape measure and scale and about 20 of us forcing him on it, who knows?

The same question crossed my mind while I sat there at the XL watching him blow by the field, motor up the court and dunk the ball with the rim at eye level.

I was guessing at the time about 6-9 and somewhere between 260 and 270. He's sort of Lebron James size who to my surprise is listed at only 6-8 & 250 according to NBA.com. I thought he was taller and heavier. Since I've never seen them standing side by side and how the college #s are just about always 1 to 2 inches and 20 pounds generous, I'd put AD at 6-8 3/4ths and 265.

Now what do I win if I've guess correctly? :)

Reaction Score
He's really freaking big
I got a chuckle with that answer.

I know that not everyone can get out to a game but I encourage everyone to try to do so before he moves on to the NBA. It's really eye popping to see a human being that size go end to end as quickly as he can. It's like watching a charging rhino. I swear it looked like he covered the distance from the top of the key on one end of the floor to the rim at the other end with about 10 steps. It takes Bazz about 30.

Until you watch it with you own eyes courtside, you simply can't fully appreciate the athlete he is at his size. I've been to just a handful of NBA games, and this very thing is what catches your attention. They are so big and athletic, it's almost unbelievable, especially with the elite of the elite like LeBron. AD is going to be that type of uber-athlete that simply seems to defy what one thinks is imaginable. I'm sure Danny Ainge who has seen scores of NBA elite athletes in his day, had to pick his jaw off the floor, when AD snatched up that lose ball, blew away the field going coast to coast for the slam. We sat there thinking, "Did I just see what I thought I saw." Like Lebron he gets so far above the rim with such ease and then punishes it. I really don't know how high he can actually get, but it looks like he can get eye level with the rim and it doesn't take long for him to get there.

Sorry for the hyperbole, but he's something special to watch. Between he and Stretch Armstrong Lamb, this team is very entertaining to watch when they are playing well.

Reaction Score
Without a tape measure and scale and about 20 of us forcing him on it, who knows?

The same question crossed my mind while I sat there at the XL watching him blow by the field, motor up the court and dunk the ball with the rim at eye level.

I was guessing at the time about 6-9 and somewhere between 260 and 270. He's sort of Lebron James size who to my surprise is listed at only 6-8 & 250 according to NBA.com. I thought he was taller and heavier. Since I've never seen them standing side by side and how the college #s are just about always 1 to 2 inches and 20 pounds generous, I'd put AD at 6-8 3/4ths and 265.

Now what do I win if I've guess correctly? :)

He's a right in between Oriakhi and Wolf in the huddles. I think if you get him to stand up strait and on a scale he's about 6'10.5, 275.

lebron, FWIW admitted that the heat/cavs under listed him. He's often listed at 6'8, 250(which is what he has been listed since he was a rookie, but now he says he's closer to 6'9, 260. Basically, he's Karl Malone sized with MJ athleticism. Absurd

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
he is 6'10 and a half and weighs all of 275 lbs. I know that for a fact

Reaction Score
there is no way AD is 6`8. hes a solid 6`10 id bet my life savings on it. as far as 270 goes i think we can all agree he is definitely no less than 260. scary to think that his frame could still add another inch and 10-15lbs of muscle.

Reaction Score
He's a right in between Oriakhi and Wolf in the huddles. I think if you get him to stand up strait and on a scale he's about 6'10.5, 275.

lebron, FWIW admitted that the heat/cavs under listed him. He's often listed at 6'8, 250(which is what he has been listed since he was a rookie, but now he says he's closer to 6'9, 260. Basically, he's Karl Malone sized with MJ athleticism. Absurd
That's real interesting. I was shocked by those number when I read them and the 6'9, 260 for Lebron sounds more in the ballpark I was expecting.

With that being the case, then I'll bump my original guess of 6-8 3/4ths and 265 to 6-9 3/4ths and 270. Strange that the NBA and Heat would list lower values but maybe because he's an over-sized wing, he doesn't want to be viewed as a 4. Who knows?

C

Chief00

I told you this kid could play. Now one criticism of JC last night; why do we have the shortest guy on the court throw the ball in - on a half court out of bounds - that resulted in 2 TOs - one by Bazz and one by Boatshow. Some bigs can't pass but why not Tyler? or Lamb? Cousy used to say the entry passer is the guy open on the second pass.

Reaction Score
Alright, but I guess what I was getting at was, is it possible that he could eventually get to Shaq size?

Reaction Score
I told you this kid could play. Now one criticism of JC last night; why do we have the shortest guy on the court throw the ball in - on a half court out of bounds - that resulted in 2 TOs - one by Bazz and one by Boatshow. Some bigs can't pass but why not Tyler? or Lamb? Cousy used to say the entry passer is the guy open on the second pass.

I think Cousy's statement answers your question for you. I agree that it's super frustrating turning the ball over in those situations though.

Reaction Score
I don't know how tall he is, but I do know that he is two full years younger than Anthony Davis. Also, Jeremy Lamb is a full year younger than Anthony Davis. Jeremy and Andre are going to be playing in the NBA for a long time. Not sure if Anthony Davis' listed date of birth is correct on espn website.

Reaction Score
When I went to a game and saw him in person it's impressive. He just seems much bigger than everyone else.

Reaction Score
two things for sure

1) AD is taller than me
2) he has never been in my mother's kitchen

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know how tall he is, but I do know that he is two full years younger than Anthony Davis. Also, Jeremy Lamb is a full year younger than Anthony Davis. Jeremy and Andre are going to be playing in the NBA for a long time. Not sure if Anthony Davis' listed date of birth is correct on espn website.

I'm pretty sure Anthony Davis is 18, but there are two different birth dates out there for him. (1991 and 1993).

Reaction Score
two things for sure

1) AD is taller than me
2) he has never been in my mother's kitchen

Mr. Clavin,

I believe he has been in your mother's kitchen and in her bedroom. :)

Reaction Score
His arms are long enough to box with god, so however tall god is, that's how tall AD is.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Anthony Davis is 18, but there are two different birth dates out there for him. (1991 and 1993).
Anthony Davis was born in 1993. His eyebrows were born in 1991.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom