AD David Benedict Hinting At Big News In The Near Future | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AD David Benedict Hinting At Big News In The Near Future

Reaction Score
image.jpeg
Maybe the opportunity has something to do with His Holiness showing up at Morrone last night.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I should have said not what we’re hoping. Something with the BOT?? Ground breaking on the softball field??

Reaction Score
I should have said not what we’re hoping. Something with the BOT?? Ground breaking on the softball field??

Actually, some ground breaking is exactly what we're looking for on the baseball, soccer, and softball facilities.

Reaction Score
@BlueDogs the facility upgrade definitely does help UConn's P-5 upgrade portfolio...I do get what you mean though about the words he used.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Thought maybe McHugh was being put out to pasture.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He has already announced he is retiring when his term ends this summer...
What don't you know? Dang.
Thanks. And good

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Dave needs to know that some sort of BOT approval on olympic sport stadiums is not the kind of news folks are looking for here

Reaction Score
Dave needs to know that some sort of BOT approval on olympic sport stadiums is not the kind of news folks are looking for here

That tweet this morning wasn’t targeted to any single fan base. He is the Athletic Director for all sports/teams. Why should other student athlete get shunted? I’m sure the Soccer/Baseball/Softball and maybe Hockey teams/fans are excited tonight.

Reaction Score
Sarcasm? It can be impossible to tell in this place at times.

Reaction Score
That tweet this morning wasn’t targeted to any single fan base. He is the Athletic Director for all sports/teams. Why should other student athlete get shunted? I’m sure the Soccer/Baseball/Softball and maybe Hockey teams/fans are excited tonight.
These facilities DESPERATELY need upgrades. A LOT of members of the football board have slammed Warde and put Jurich on a pedestal for UL into the ACC over UConn...fact of the matter is that bag Hathaway sat on his LAZY a s s and did NOTHING facility wise. That had something to do with UL getting in because while Hathaway was doing nothing..Jurich was rebuilding all the facilities UL had. At the end of the day P-5 membership has a lot to do with football...BUT it also has a LOT to do with the entire athletic Dept. This project will put UConn on the road to where it needs to be P-5 school facility wise.

Reaction Score

>>The UConn Blog has confirmed that a $60 million proposal for new baseball, softball, and soccer stadiums on campus has been approved by the Board of Trustees. The project will break ground in mid-2018 as originally planned back in March when $4.75 million was approved to commission designs for the three stadiums.<<

Reaction Score
These facilities DESPERATELY need upgrades. A LOT of members of the football board have slammed Warde and put Jurich on a pedestal for UL into the ACC over UConn...fact of the matter is that bag Hathaway sat on his LAZY a s s and did NOTHING facility wise. That had something to do with UL getting in because while Hathaway was doing nothing..Jurich was rebuilding all the facilities UL had. At the end of the day P-5 membership has a lot to do with football...BUT it also has a LOT to do with the entire athletic Dept. This project will put UConn on the road to where it needs to be P-5 school facility wise.

Agreed. UConn has found that you can't to get into a P-5 conference with athletic facilities that are of high school quality that P-5 conference teams would be embarrassed to play on. It's time to improve the total package of facilities like Louisville did before they got their ACC invite.

Reaction Score
True. It's great for these athletes, but I doubt they move the needle much on P5. If women's and men's basketball
Championships don't matter, I doubt softball matters.

Reaction Score
Agreed. UConn has found that you can't to get into a P-5 conference with athletic facilities that are of high school quality that P-5 conference teams would be embarrassed to play on. It's time to improve the total package of facilities like Louisville did before they got their ACC invite.
True. It's great for these athletes, but I doubt they move the needle much on P5. If women's and men's basketball
@BlueDogs .. @dbmill just hit the nail right on the head about why this facility upgrade project is so important

Reaction Score

Softball, baseball, soccer, and for that matter hockey. It's not just one facility that is badly antiquated and in need of replacement. I suspect P-5 conferences notice things like that. Invites aren't coming when you can't even go to the bathroom on site at a baseball game.

Reaction Score
@BlueDogs .. @dbmill just hit the nail right on the head about why this facility upgrade project is so important
Maybe, but it seems to defy the logic thrown around about CR and football being the essentially sole factor.

PS- the atheletes work their butts off and no begrudging that.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom