AD Benedict Holds Out Hope That USF-UConn Football Game Can Be Rescheduled (Jacobs) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AD Benedict Holds Out Hope That USF-UConn Football Game Can Be Rescheduled (Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think where this is headed is an agreement to play make up AAC games on thanksgiving morning at a neutral field centrally located in a highly condensed format; 11 on 11, 1 qtr, no clock stoppages, coin flip for tie breakers after a 3 min overtime. Rosters limited to 30 kids for cost control. Both the USF/UConn and Memphis/UCF games will get done, played simultaneously. Basically it will look like your typical saturday morning campus flag football. Teams would charter in that morning, play kick off at 9am and would be expected to be in the air headed home by 1100am.

Reaction Score
Any UCONN fan who would rather watch the NFL on television vs go to the Rent to watch a conference game is not a real UCONN fan, sorry.

DVR the darn NFL game, it's only NFL week 3 for godsakes, playoff seeding will not be determined on 9/24. I cannot imagine that anyone who normally goes to games at the Rent would be that freaking lame.

Here's what AD Dave will do to any said fan considering such a thing:

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Any UCONN fan who would rather watch the NFL on television vs go to the Rent to watch a conference game is not a real UCONN fan, sorry.

DVR the darn NFL game, it's only NFL week 3 for godsakes, playoff seeding will not be determined on 9/24. I cannot imagine that anyone who normally goes to games at the Rent would be that freaking lame.

Here's what AD Dave will do to any said fan considering such a thing:

I agree but we do know it will have an impact .

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
There's an unwritten rule that the NFL and CFB generally do not overlap their game dates on the weekends. That's why there are no Sat. NFL games until the CFB regular season is officially over. Since CFB is a de facto minor league for the NFL, this rule will likely be observed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's an unwritten rule that the NFL and CFB generally do not overlap their game dates on the weekends. That's why there are no Sat. NFL games until the CFB regular season is officially over. Since CFB is a de facto minor league for the NFL, this rule will likely be observed.
I doubt this "rule" is in effect for the rare make-up game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, theres no hard rule like that; UGA played South Carolina on a Sunday last year due to a hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom