Aces @ Sun - 8/05/18 | The Boneyard

Aces @ Sun - 8/05/18

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sun pummeling the Aces. Total smackdown. Side note - has Jefferson permanently lost her starting PG job to Plum? So odd as many here thought she was the heir apparent to the USA National Team, but she's not even the starting PG on the 9th best team in the league...

Reaction Score
Side note - has Jefferson permanently lost her starting PG job to Plum? So odd as many here thought she was the heir apparent to the USA National Team, but she's not even the starting PG on the 9th best team in the league.

Hard to say on "permanent". For the rest of the year, probably. Maybe Jefferson will get starts at the point where the Aces are eliminated from the playoffs to see how she compares when she gets the bulk of the minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them traded this off season, if they can get a good deal.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sun is shooting 70% from the floor at halftime! Aces shooting a respectable 54% and still down by 15.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum has 8 points on 3-5 shooting, 4 assists and 1 TO at the half. That seems like pretty good production to me.

Reaction Score
Plum has 8 points on 3-5 shooting, 4 assists and 1 TO at the half. That seems like pretty good production to me.

She's been a pleasant surprise. I think Laimbeer defined her role well. Shes NOT supposed to play like she did in college. Wilson is the go-to player on this team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Plum's scoring is down by 0.7 ppg this year, but her shooting, both overall and from the arc, is up by about 8 percentage points. At 45.1% before today, she was 2nd in the league in 3-point shooting, behind only Briann January (and just ahead of KML and Allie Quigley).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum was 5-6 behind the arc today, that will boost her % a bit. 8-10 overall for 21 points. Hard to get more efficient than that.

Wow, Aces put up 88 points shooting 50% from the floor and 58% behind the arc and still get smoked. 109-88 Sun. I guess they ran into a buzz saw today. Their playoff hopes are getting dashed, but Dallas is trailing Washington at halftime today as well.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
It was a great day at the Arena today. Good crowd energy, great performance by our Captain, Jas Thomas... 30 points at about the 3/4 mark. Fun!

psconn

Reaction Score
Kudos to the bench tonight; Tuck, Clarendon, Jones and Laney were very good. Layshia is changing my mind on who got the better of the Bentley trade. She won't necessarily dazzle you, but I feel very confident when she's on the floor... solid.

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
Sun Head Coach Curt Miller discusses the Sun's 109-88 win over the Las Vegas Aces.

Awesome. 1) There was a question or comment at about the 5 minute mark that almost seemed edited out. Can you share? 2) There was a question about a comment that Laimbeer made... Curt replied that they discussed how rested the Aces were and how they would come out with a ton of energy. What comment of Darth Laimbeer's was being referred to?

Thank you for posting this for us Sun info-junkies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Aces have 5 games left. They need to win out, and hope that Dallas falls back to them. Dallas is still 1.5 games in front of the Aces. If the Aces lose 1 more game, you can kiss the baby, it's over for them this season.

Reaction Score
Awesome. 1) There was a question or comment at about the 5 minute mark that almost seemed edited out. Can you share? 2) There was a question about a comment that Laimbeer made... Curt replied that they discussed how rested the Aces were and how they would come out with a ton of energy. What comment of Darth Laimbeer's was being referred to?

Thank you for posting this for us Sun info-junkies.

1) just a quick joke regarding"49 and single" comment from last press conference - not a real question or comment - just a quick (and loud) comment
2) don't know Laimbeer comment that is being referred to.

Reaction Score
That was a very entertaining game. A lot of good offense.

It seems the Aces did themselves a disservice by not playing the game in Washington. Their chances of making the playoffs are slim now.

psconn

Reaction Score

It seems the Aces did themselves a disservice by not playing the game in Washington. Their chances of making the playoffs are slim now.

More top draft choices for an already loaded team.

Reaction Score

I see that game is officially going down as a forfeit.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I see that game is officially going down as a forfeit.

Not too upset by this. It's weird to say but I want the Aces to have a shot at another lottery pick and I'm hoping it's Katie Lou. Another big wing opposite McBride? I'm salivating at the thought of this...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not too upset by this. It's weird to say but I want the Aces to have a shot at another lottery pick and I'm hoping it's Katie Lou.
I hope she doesn't end up on that team full of losers.

Reaction Score
Not too upset by this. It's weird to say but I want the Aces to have a shot at another lottery pick and I'm hoping it's Katie Lou. Another big wing opposite McBride? I'm salivating at the thought of this...

Pretty sure Laimbeer would like one of the bigs, but I’m mostly thinking he wants to make the playoffs. I’m betting the players overruled him on the no-show. Not sure we’ll ever find out for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom