ACC's Jim Phillips wants to avoid home and homes with G5s | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC's Jim Phillips wants to avoid home and homes with G5s

Reaction Score
I’m not sure independence I’d sustainable in the long term. I view this a bit like stepping back to rebuild so when the next opportunity comes we will be in a position to take it. Had we not screwed around for a decade, we would be in the B12 for the future. I’m hopeful we end up in the ACC where we really belong and fit well. Of course there will be the loud group who prefer traditional long term rivalries with Butler and Xavier over traditional rivalries with UNC and Duke and Syracuse and B.C. and Louisville and Pitt.
ACC or bust.

Reaction Score
ACC or bust.
Im not seeing it anytime soon…maybe after their contract is up and a lot of the schools leave…so the question is how do we make it as a independent… I think we need some more magic from Mora to continue to get this team on the right track… we need fan support to fill the rent.. we got the brand… maybe just maybe we can get some interest from people outside the fan base to watch us on tv and get a better tv contract… then hopefully we can be a byu type independent team

Reaction Score
Im not seeing it anytime soon…maybe after their contract is up and a lot of the schools leave…so the question is how do we make it as a independent… I think we need some more magic from Mora to continue to get this team on the right track… we need fan support to fill the rent.. we got the brand… maybe just maybe we can get some interest from people outside the fan base to watch us on tv and get a better tv contract… then hopefully we can be a byu type independent team
Probably pie the sky thinking, but I agree. I don't think the ACC is much more exciting than our current situation and the ACC money is going to, at least partially, dry up down the road. I'd like to be in a better position to get a meaningful raise on our independent football rights and worry about conferences once we are clearly a solid program again. The next couple of seasons should be really good for our standing in public perception. By that time, we will know how the B12 and PAC situations played out and there will probably be more known or rumored about the future of the ACC.

Reaction Score
The ACC is the logical landing place for us. It is the most regional with old northeastern rivals as well as relatively nearby southern ones. The SEC might want Clemson and FSU, but in my mind it is a big might. FSU has been unable to sustain its national role and Clemson looks to be slipping. And unlike Texas A&M Florida and South Carolina both will have to be convinced that adding those guys will benefit Florida and South Carolina. UNC is going to be hard pressed to give up its Triangle opponents, not just because of tradition but politically as well. And UNC is a decidedly Southern institution in many ways that wouldn’t fit well in the Big. In an anything for a buck world it could happen of course, but it will be far more like VA Tech to the ACC politically than like UCLA to the Big. If only because people care more.

Reaction Score
I do also agree Clemson to the SEC is way overblown. South Carolina is not Florida or Texas where having two+ teams makes a ton of sense. Lots of transplants in SC and it looks like USCe is on the rise again. I think the SEC top targets would be Virginia and North Carolina with FSU third. Both southern states that the SEC does not have a member.

Reaction Score
The ACC raided the BE and then rode Clemson to the promised land. They are quickly receding from their high water mark, and their tier 1 football programs are a heartbeat away from leaving. Couldn’t happen to nicer people after they ruined northeast football.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I see the ACC losing a couple of schools and then they will come calling to UConn. Of course, they should have when they took in Louisville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom