Accountability | The Boneyard

Accountability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This speaks volumes of kids character. Still going to give him benefit of doubt. Long layoff against seasoned quality opponent. The story of this kid is not yet written and I think we will look back and be damn proud.
7D9A6E2E-0F4B-4CF2-9962-B5D4F64D434D.jpeg

Reaction Score
As soon as the game ended I worried about idiots harassing RJ on twitter. I'm sure it happened, but I'm glad it he seems to be taking it in stride and saying/doing the right things. People forget these are just kids. He's working hard to get better.

Reaction Score
This board hammered him yesterday. It goes to show how high our emotions were. I suspect today and tomorrow we all will calm down and get back to our supportive and encouraging ways.

I speak from mountains of experience with my wife after breaking her favorite dish (multiple times) or after washing her sweaters with my jeans (also multiple times).

Reaction Score
This board hammered him yesterday. It goes to show how high our emotions were. I suspect today and tomorrow we all will calm down and get back to our supportive and encouraging ways.

I speak from mountains of experience with my wife after breaking her favorite dish (multiple times) or after washing her sweaters with my jeans (also multiple times).
Hold up. Shouldn’t that be her favorite “dishes”? I mean, how many does she have? Or does it only become a favorite after you break it again? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

We may need you on the court soon maybe huh Kita? I mean favorite "dish" multiple times?

You must be quite the glue man we need you on D! ;)

Reaction Score
As frustrating as that loss was... with the extended lay off, missed games and playing a top-level, well-coached, good shooting team for our first game in 17 days, the key was how our guys were going to react to it?

What we see here is Exhibit A that this young man gets it. If he can become Robin to Bouknight's Batman, we are going to be scary good come March my friends.

In order to get to the top of the mountain, you don't ever get to walk a straight, easy path. The real question is how do you handle it when you face adversity? R.J. Cole just showed you that he takes accountability. My liking and respect for him just took a significant step forward.

This loss might just prove to be a positive for the growth of this team moving forward.

Reaction Score
I was heartbroken when RJ missed those 2 FTs. If he had made 1, UConn would have won the game. But kudos to RJ for taking responsivity. Things happened sometimes to the best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Pro tip: don't use her favorite dish anymore.

Reaction Score
I can't say UConn offense ever looks great this early in the season, so I'm not going to get on him for that BUT I was actually very happy to see his lockdown defense on an excellent player. The more important factor yesterday might have been the defense.

Reaction Score
The defensive effort had to take toll on the legs, especially w/ the 17 days off

This. Frankly, I think the whole team ran out of gas at the end of regulation. And while it was painful to watch, it was quite understandable.

Reaction Score
Pro tip: don't use her favorite dish anymore.
Dude it happens when I take the dishes away out of the dishwasher. I know I should be more careful, but what the hell do I know about 'delicate'?

Reaction Score
Hold up. Shouldn’t that be her favorite “dishes”? I mean, how many does she have? Or does it only become a favorite after you break it again? Asking for a friend.
Everything I break tends to immediately become her favorite dish. Favorite for her also means sentimental (gift or used for special occasion) After so many decades it expanded to things like favorite store, great price, etc.

Over the years I let my hair grow out of my ears and also use invisible ear buds that work well.

Reaction Score
“I hate R.J. Cole.” “He sucks.” “He doesn’t need to play.” “He needs to come off the bench.” Those were just some of the angry tweets she saw directed at her son.

Do people really tweet stuff like that to a college student?

Alternate free access: Tweet of accountability: UConn’s R.J. Cole owns missed free throws, and his family, coaches weren’t surprised

Reaction Score
“I hate R.J. Cole.” “He sucks.” “He doesn’t need to play.” “He needs to come off the bench.” Those were just some of the angry tweets she saw directed at her son.

Do people really tweet stuff like that to a college student?

Alternate free access: Tweet of accountability: UConn’s R.J. Cole owns missed free throws, and his family, coaches weren’t surprised

Yes, Yes they do, unfortunately.
And in other news: Water is wet.

Reaction Score
Losing is a total effort as is winning. There are dozens of plays the could of, would of, should of changed the outcome. They all failed at one point or another. So, yeah, he blew his opportunity, and so did a bunch of others, just in different places in the time line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom