According to the MTSU QB... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

According to the MTSU QB...

Reaction Score
I think that was the most frustrated I have been at a game in a long time.

The team just stopped playing. I watched players being on the sidelines away from the team just goofing off.

They need an overhaul in coaching and on the team with some players.

No matter who is the coach I would watch the game tape and then burn them and say I never want to see this again on the football field.

You think we might still be using tapes?

Reaction Score
Travis Jones screwed his teammates with an unacceptable penalty and that single event flipped the switch and put us in a giant hole. If I was the coach, he’d wouldn't see another second on the field for the day. Same goes for the center. After the second false snap, I’d put in whoever is left that can snap. Kraj should been pulled after the second interception to make the point.

They are so fixated on eking out a win, they let the team go to crap in basic discipline. Until there are consequences and players are made responsible, there will never be a change. The day this staff is gone will be a great day.
watching the game... The play before our first TD... Kraj misses two wide-open players and opts to throw to the double team.. That shows that he already has predetermined who he is looking to throw to... that is really bad coaching on the QB coach for not teaching him to already go to his second option or B he truly has no vision and is only looking for his number 1 progression.

Reaction Score
watching the game... The play before our first TD... Kraj misses two wide-open players and opts to throw to the double team.. That shows that he already has predetermined who he is looking to throw to... that is really bad coaching on the QB coach for not teaching him to already go to his second option or B he truly has no vision and is only looking for his number 1 progression.
Or c realizes if he has no time to go through them. It’s easy to play at home qb but when your getting 2 seconds to make a determination that’s rough. The second int was bad. The first one doesn’t bother me as much everyone throws picks it’s part of the game. On 3rd in forever just throw it up and take a shot. That ball went further than a average punt anyway. The one thing that needs to change here more than anything is the coaching. You see no player development no change in play calling. You have a few successful drives that are close to 90 yard drives in a short period of time and what do they do go back to run run screen pass punt. I’m a kraj supporter no doubt this was not his best game but not his worst. He had moments where he did ok and moments where I scratch my head. With that being said they need to figure this out in the next two weeks so no one gets hurt and we don’t lose by 100

Reaction Score
...what the UConn defense shows you pre-snap is what they play.

In other words, there is no disguise. It makes it easy to be in right play to defeat the defense. It's hard to imagine a more damming appraisal of the Husky D. I knew the coaching and game planning were bad. But this is malfeasance. These coaches belong in jail.
We do that both sides of the ball... Even I would've been prepared to stop us 4th down the times we've tried to go for it...from my living room couch...

Reaction Score
Travis Jones screwed his teammates with an unacceptable penalty and that single event flipped the switch and put us in a giant hole. If I was the coach, he’d wouldn't see another second on the field for the day. Same goes for the center. After the second false snap, I’d put in whoever is left that can snap. Kraj should been pulled after the second interception to make the point.

They are so fixated on eking out a win, they let the team go to crap in basic discipline. Until there are consequences and players are made responsible, there will never be a change. The day this staff is gone will be a great day.
You can blame individuals all you want . This and every loss we've had has been a total team effort. Our OL is a false start away from killing a drive. Our play calling period can get figured out before tge ball is snapped (this is on both sides of the ball). On the brightside,, i think we've figured out who can catch the foitball for us,, who can run the football for us, who we can look fwd to helping out on defense in the future... QB??? ehhhh.... Reality is these coaches are on borrowed time now. They've shown clearly now that since they know it's near the end, they've packed it in.

Reaction Score
It's been over 4 years since we've last seen them beat an fbs opponent at home. What an absolute joke this coaching staff has been.
In defense to the staff...it was a makeshift one once a few guys bailed fir greener pastures...The guys Edsall2.0 that were a part of it originally (save the 3-3-5 Crocker experiment) pretty much moved on to greener pastures...When quality control guys are promoted to key positions over the span of this regime, amongst other headscratching internal promotion moves on the staff, you probably want to to put the blame on the Admin too who were probably handcuffed by funding availability to bring in QUALIFIED assistant coaches to help right this ship. We didn't bother doing that folks. Big part of the demise of the 2nd go round with Edsall

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think the issue is, and it's the same for many of our recent QBs, is that the OLine has been so terrible that they don't have time to go through their progressions. So they are predetermined before the snap because they know they won't have enough time. The other result that happens is that they get happy feet too often. Steven Krajewski took off way more than he should have because he's so used to feeling that the second the pocket even slowly closes, to take off if his first option is covered. You see the same with Tyler Phommachanh. The difference is that Tyler Phommachanh is more mobile so it works with him.

Our QBs have become so engrained with the thought that they have only a few seconds in the pocket that they miss open receivers. I'm not saying Steven Krajewski INT weren't bad. The second one was horrible. However, watching our QBs, there are times where I just shake my head at how early they take off instead of throwing. It's because they are so used to the OLine letting everyone through.

The only thing that has worked against this was when we used Mazzone and our creative play calling to make up for our poor OLine. Unfortunately, the current numbnuts keep calling plays as if we have a decent OLine

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Carter has back to back 100 yard gains and the coaching staff watches the film, brainstorms and decides it's time to give Mensah more carries. Mensah's inability to run the ball, break a tackle or get upfield was so blatantly obvious to everyone last night.

Walker has multiple pre-snap penalties and stays in the game. With Fortin being injured they have to try someone else out at C. I'd love to see Walker succeed but he isn't just not good, he is really bad. His bad snaps throws off timing for the QB, he gets zero pushes on run plays and gets overwhelmed on pass rush up the middle. Bad fundamentals, poor focus, and bad at run and pass blocking. Did I miss anything?

Kraj had a horrible game missing multiple wide open WR's. He has bad pre snap reads figuring out defensive tendencies and throws too many contested passes.

Lucien was a mess yet he still gets trotted out there.

Like others have said, a complete roster overhaul couldn't produce worse results.

Reaction Score
I got a question.other Tyler P, do we have any other QBs that can read defenses? Honestly asking. I say that because it just seems we lack that ability out there. We're so in a rush to beat the defense with a hurry up offense with scripted plays, it's like we have a guy that just doesn't see how to take advantage of other options down field. We're playing checkers and the opposition is playing chess

Reaction Score
With social media plus plenty of viewing options for kids and their families, there is no excuse not able to recruit.

Please explain how coaches from South Dakota State U, Boise, etc. are able to get players.
You don't what our coaching under Edsall 2.0 evolved into has anything to do with it? We promoted 2 quality control guys into position coaches on offense, one if which calls plays for us.. we make a life long OL coach a first time OC...If you don't see how assistant coaches matter (these past few years clearly shows for this football team) I don't know what else to say.
We have enough talent on this team to win games... just didn't have enough on the sidelines. Its crystal clear. We need that if we want to succeed.

Reaction Score
Thats my point about how important it is to have quality coaches on our staff. Current dude is 4 years removed from being our Offensive Quality Control guy...and we've been a bad football team all those years. Why promote to him to QB coach from within???

Reaction Score
As if anyone they’ll hire will be an improvement.

UConn is no better at selecting coaches than I am at selecting the correct wine to have with dinner.

We are the gang that can’t shoot straight.
The difference is the wrong bottle of wine can still lessen the pain from yet another wrong coaching hire.

We suck. Our schemes, our play calling, our effort and most unfortunately our talent level.

Reaction Score
Nothing will change until somehow UConn is able to attract solid fbs talent. Nobody wants to hear it, but even if recruiting turned on a dime this year, it would still take several years to see results. Uconn needs to become a better place to be than at least some of the other fbs programs!

Based on what the MTSU qb said, new coaches should bring better schemes and preparation. That alone should be 4 wins on this years schedule. Throw in better recruiting and we get to 6 wins in 2-3 years. It’s doable with the right hire. DB is on the clock.

Reaction Score
Carter has back to back 100 yard gains and the coaching staff watches the film, brainstorms and decides it's time to give Mensah more carries. Mensah's inability to run the ball, break a tackle or get upfield was so blatantly obvious to everyone last night.

Walker has multiple pre-snap penalties and stays in the game. With Fortin being injured they have to try someone else out at C. I'd love to see Walker succeed but he isn't just not good, he is really bad. His bad snaps throws off timing for the QB, he gets zero pushes on run plays and gets overwhelmed on pass rush up the middle. Bad fundamentals, poor focus, and bad at run and pass blocking. Did I miss anything?

Kraj had a horrible game missing multiple wide open WR's. He has bad pre snap reads figuring out defensive tendencies and throws too many contested passes.

Lucien was a mess yet he still gets trotted out there.

Like others have said, a complete roster overhaul couldn't produce worse results.
Fortin was on the field for one series of plays in the first half and he was awful. He clearly is still hurt and the staff has no confidence in anyone else on the roster to play center after Walker. We had a bunch of players leave the program from the offensive line two years ago and Edsall was unable to replace them.

Reaction Score
I forgot the game was Friday. I saved myself some pain

So did the players and team. And all but the 5000 folks or so who were at the game (they announced the lowest attendance ever at the Rent — 10k — but that’s a joke).

We suck.

Reaction Score
I’m really disappointed in Edsall. These kids are still physically overmatched and later in games we are completely worn down. The OL moves no one. All this talk about S&C had to have been a bill of goods.

That the coaching is in shambles right now is no surprise. That can only improve. I actually see some talent and speed on the roster that we haven’t seen in a while.

DB has to get this hire right.

Reaction Score
It was still a game at halftime, but the offense collapsed in the second half which really stressed the defense. UConn had 4 possessions in the second half and here were the plays run and time of possession:

4 plays 1:21
5 plays 1:42
3 plays 0:39
7 plays 3:38 (game already over)

I’m not defending the play of the defense, but the offense could not get any rest for the D. The D was gassed.

Reaction Score
I’m really disappointed in Edsall. These kids are still physically overmatched and later in games we are completely worn down. The OL moves no one. All this talk about S&C had to have been a bill of goods.

That the coaching is in shambles right now is no surprise. That can only improve. I actually see some talent and speed on the roster that we haven’t seen in a while.

DB has to get this hire right.
RE was successful with a slow build first time around. The DB/PP players when he showed up were better than the ones he played. Hindsight says RE/Crocker used a philosophy that didn’t fit the players they had. GDL did as well. It is bad coaching. Play with what you have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom