ACC vs. B1G in NYC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC vs. B1G in NYC

Reaction Score
I was at the Yankee game tonight, and they had the Rutgers ad in left field. It was plain with white letters, scarlet background, and only had "RUTGERS" on the ad. Nothing about being any state's college. No Syracuse ad. Unfortunately, I also didn't see any UConn ad either.
That's just about what a Rutgers ad could say. Lol. It certainly can't point to great success in football or post season play in men's basketball last few years.

Reaction Score
Maybe they will pool their resources in the Northeast and start a new Bowl game, called the "Bottom of the Barrel Bowl". Boston College vs Rutgers. They could do the same thing in hoops at Brooklyn or MSG.

Reaction Score
I was at the Yankee game tonight, and they had the Rutgers ad in left field. It was plain with white letters, scarlet background, and only had "RUTGERS" on the ad. Nothing about being any state's college. No Syracuse ad. Unfortunately, I also didn't see any UConn ad either.

And when people saw that, their reaction is "What's a Rutgers?"

Reaction Score
Maybe they will pool their resources in the Northeast and start a new Bowl game, called the "Bottom of the Barrel Bowl". Boston College vs Rutgers. They could do the same thing in hoops at Brooklyn or MSG.

Can't believe these two got into a P5 and we're still in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I'm not finding the BC sucks/Rutgers sucks narrative helpful, especially since they are in the club and UConn is out. Bases on that, the UConn sucks counterargument has some merit.

My question is whether the advertising efforts in NYC is really a sign we would bring some desirable value to either of these leagues or if they eventually will find more value somewhere else. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I'm not finding the BC sucks/Rutgers sucks narrative helpful, especially since they are in the club and UConn is out. Bases on that, the UConn sucks counterargument has some merit.

My question is whether the advertising efforts in NYC is really a sign we would bring some desirable value to either of these leagues or if they eventually will find more value somewhere else. Thoughts?
Uconn in either P5 league helps both schools, renewing Old Big East rivalries in football and basketball, and contrary to the turf BS put forth so far by numerous pessimists, it actually helps recruiting for all three schools.

Reaction Score
UConn in either P5 league helps both schools, renewing Old Big East rivalries in football and basketball, and contrary to the turf BS put forth so far by numerous pessimists, it actually helps recruiting for all three schools.

I agree with you 100%. I also think our institutional metrics warrant P5 inclusion (see @Dooley 's great stuff from last year for proof). I'm a pollyanna but I think it's inevitable.

Reaction Score
I was at the Yankee game tonight, and they had the Rutgers ad in left field. It was plain with white letters, scarlet background, and only had "RUTGERS" on the ad.

Did they spell it correctly?

Reaction Score
Sad, so sad. Can any AD or Conference Pres do some research to see what UConn meant to the BE and MSG the last 15 years while we were in the BE.

Total Morons.

But I have faith.

Reaction Score
I was surprised that Rutgers folks seem not to be happy about playing Maryland in New York at Yankee Stadium...the loss of a home game to play in NY seems to not be appreciated.

According to Dave Dugan at NJ. com,

The obvious response from fans is that Hobbs should back out of this agreement in principle. While Hobbs technically could do so, the cost of creating a powerful enemy that hosts a Big Ten bowl game outweighs whatever money Rutgers may lose in this deal.

Hobbs and Rutgers fans will have to hold their noses and get through this one game with an understanding that it's not the start of a trend.

Will Rutgers' game at Yankee Stadium be profitable? | Mailbag

https://twitter.com/B1G_RU

Reaction Score
I was surprised that Rutgers folks seem not to be happy about playing Maryland in New York at Yankee Stadium...the loss of a home game to play in NY seems to not be appreciated.

Several years ago Notre Dame offered to play Rutgers, but only at Giants Stadium. Didn't go over well with the natives, and they remember that.

Same with Michigan and UConn. AD David Brandon wanted to move the game to NYC. Didn't go over well with UConn, but the game was then played at the Rent.

Understandable that visitors not wanting to play on a host's home field wouldn't go over well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sad, so sad. Can any AD or Conference Pres do some research to see what UConn meant to the BE and MSG the last 15 years while we were in the BE.

Total Morons.

But I have faith.
I don't think it's any coincidence that since CR and the break up of the old Big East that Football and men's and women's basketball at both Rutgers and Boston College, plus the loss of the UCONN rivalry, those programs have all really nosedived.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's any coincidence that since CR and the break up of the old Big East that Football and men's and women's basketball at both Rutgers and Boston College, plus the loss of the UConn rivalry, those programs have all really nosedived.
I think UConn has nosedived more than those two. Other than women's basketball, UConn usually ends up toward the middle/bottom of the AAC in conference play. They at least have a tremendous income. The both would have kicked UConn's butt in football last year, at least (BC actually did). I don't see how anyone on this board can downplay the good fortune of those two schools by getting to a P5, and the misfortune of UConn of not doing so. We can be jealous, we can be angry, but it is a fact that they are in a much better position than UConn at this time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think UConn has nosedived more than those two.
483308981-shabazz-napier-of-the-connecticut-huskies-gettyimages.jpg

Reaction Score
I think UConn has nosedived more than those two. Other than women's basketball, UConn usually ends up toward the middle/bottom of the AAC in conference play. They at least have a tremendous income. The both would have kicked UConn's butt in football last year, at least (BC actually did). I don't see how anyone on this board can downplay the good fortune of those two schools by getting to a P5, and the misfortune of UConn of not doing so. We can be jealous, we can be angry, but it is a fact that they are in a much better position than UConn at this time.
Men's basketball record for the last three years...

BC
16-17.......9-23 and 2-16 conf
15-16.......7-25 and 0-18 conf
14-15.......8-24 and 4-14 conf

RU
16-17........15-18 and 3-15 conf
15-16........ 7-25 and 1-17 conf
14-15........ 10-22 and 2-16 conf

These teams suck worse than the Washington Generals and are an embarrassment to their conferences.

I cannot believe that even a troll like you would compare UCONN men's basketball to this or imply that Uconn was even worse.

UCONN'S football woes were the result of two consecutive S....t heads for AD's. If Lou Perkins had remained AD, HCRE never would have left and Uconn football would not have lost its momentum.

You are slime.

Reaction Score
Why wo
UConn in either P5 league helps both schools, renewing Old Big East rivalries in football and basketball, and contrary to the turf BS put forth so far by numerous pessimists, it actually helps recruiting for all three schools.

Why would it help recruiting at BC and Rutgers? It's not like players those schools reject will come to UCONN just for the opportunity to play them (if we were in the same conference).

Also, I could care less about the recruiting of other schools. I just care about our recruiting and we are losing to many recruits those two schools.

Reaction Score
Several years ago Notre Dame offered to play Rutgers, but only at Giants Stadium. Didn't go over well with the natives, and they remember that.

Same with Michigan and UConn. AD David Brandon wanted to move the game to NYC. Didn't go over well with UConn, but the game was then played at the Rent.

Understandable that visitors not wanting to play on a host's home field wouldn't go over well.

Yeah...but this time it appears it was not "visitors" not wanting to visit the home field.....Rutgers actually paid the Yankees $70,000 to play in the stadium much to their fans dismay.

So.."Rutgers, New York's team" ?

Reaction Score
Men's basketball record for the last three years...

BC
16-17..9-23 and 2-16 conf
15-16..7-25 and 0-18 conf
14-15..8-24 and 4-14 conf

RU
16-17...15-18 and 3-15 conf
15-16... 7-25 and 1-17 conf
14-15... 10-22 and 2-16 conf

These teams suck worse than the Washington Generals and are an embarrassment to their conferences.

I cannot believe that even a troll like you would compare UConn men's basketball to this or imply that UConn was even worse.

UConn'S football woes were the result of two consecutive S....t heads for AD's. If Lou Perkins had remained AD, HCRE never would have left and UConn football would not have lost its momentum.

You are slime.
You are the dumbest person here. BC and RU are playing against much better competition. UConn is playing the likes of Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, and losing. UConn LOST to Wagner, Northeastern. You need to take your head out of your butt and face reality as it is now. I don't want to hear about IF so and so had remained, or IF so and so didn't hire bad coaches or IF so and so didn't go to the Bahamas things would be different. The fact is that they are not different. UConn football has been terrible for a number of years now, and men's basketball for the past two seasons has seriously underperformed. The 2014 season was miraculous. Preseason UConn is predicted by "experts" to finish last in the AAC in football for this upcoming season. If you have been reading my posts over the past few years, you would know that I dislike BC more than anything (except FSU), but the facts remain. I really find it offensive when UConn fans criticize those two schools, with whom I have absolutely no affiliation, for their athletic performances.

Reaction Score
I enjoy your posts. It was a miracle in 2014. But on field and court performance by UConn men's basketball and football have been less than stellar since then. And that is undeniable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom