ACC Tournament | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC Tournament

Reaction Score
In case anyone cares... starts Wednesday back where in belongs in Greensboro.

Went and picked up my ticket book last week. ... 109 dollars (fees included) for 14 games aint a bad deal at all. I know most want to see a Louisville-ND re-match in the finals.... I wouldnt be surprised to see a different matchup on Sunday. Actually Im pulling for a Duke-Wake Final..... but Im not counting on that to happen. :rolleyes:

Here is a link to the bracket

Pairings Set For 41st Annual ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament

ND is the favorite..... but with them being a 2 seed, they will have a bit less rest than they usually do between games. They would play Friday at 6pm..... then the semifinal #2 is 2:30pm Saturday... with the final at 2pm on Sunday.
Missed the Syracuse/VT game heard it was a come back from behind....
What was the final score?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sad-Jordan-Blue-Devils.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Missed the Syracuse/VT game heard it was a come back from behind....
What was the final score?

85-70. Went from up 16 in the third quarter to down 15. Shot 0-18 in the 4th quarter

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What a long day....... got to the Coliseum at 9:45 this morning..... just got home around 10:45 tonight :confused: That UVA-ND game was the second worst game Ive ever seen in person at an ACC tourney... the only game worse was 2015 VPI vs FSU. If that game would have been the late game.... I definitely would have left early.

View attachment 29058
The ACC POY is 0-6.

I didnt check my phone during the game.... but I was sitting and thinking ... man.... she has missed a ton of shots...... but she did hit a big shot at the end of the game to finish 3-19.

Was gonna say something snarky about the best ACC player this year..... but she went 4-15 today Head bang

Reaction Score
What a long day.. got to the Coliseum at 9:45 this morning..... just got home around 10:45 tonight :confused: That UVA-ND game was the second worst game Ive ever seen in person at an ACC tourney... the only game worse was 2015 VPI vs FSU. If that game would have been the late game.... I definitely would have left early.

I didnt check my phone during the game.... but I was sitting and thinking ... man.... she has missed a ton of shots. but she did hit a big shot at the end of the game to finish 3-19.

Was gonna say something snarky about the best ACC player this year..... but she went 4-15 today Head bang
Based on your recommendations of that UVA/nd game I watched most of the 1st quarter. I see what you mean, Virginia is a terrible team.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
What a long day.. got to the Coliseum at 9:45 this morning..... just got home around 10:45 tonight :confused: That UVA-ND game was the second worst game Ive ever seen in person at an ACC tourney... the only game worse was 2015 VPI vs FSU. If that game would have been the late game.... I definitely would have left early.

I didnt check my phone during the game.... but I was sitting and thinking ... man.... she has missed a ton of shots. but she did hit a big shot at the end of the game to finish 3-19.

Told yall

Thanks for the report. Glad you survived. Are you going back again?

- The game was somewhat reminiscent of the ND game at UVA earlier in the season: Irish force turnovers that are turned into layups (oh, there goes Mabrey again....) while the Irish TO's are usually misplaced entry passes that result in UVA walk-ups to a half-court offense...that is stymied by a zone they just saw. (Per an earlier point/post about Boyle and trouble on offense....)

- I wouldn't blame a third party if they lost interest after the Irish run in the third quarter that took the lead into the 20's. For those who are into MM's doctrine, that's exactly where we thought it should be....at the half. ;)

- You're right: Arike was off, so her partner in alpha-offense, Mabrey, took lead, going 5-8 from 3-point land. Jackie Young had her usual steady game in support. For Irish fans, it's fun when a Mabrey (Michaela or Marina) start shooting bombs you normally see in "Horse" games.:rolleyes:

- Deb Antonelli is certain UVA is in the NCAA tourney. Hmmm. Good the Wahoos got the win against GTech, because this game certainly didn't help the cause.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Saturday's ACC Tournament Semi-Finals

#23 NC State vs. #4 Louisville (Noon on ESPNU)
#11 Florida State vs. #5 Notre Dame (2 pm ESPNU)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thanks for the report. Glad you survived. Are you going back again?

- ]

Yes.. Rested and refreshed an ready for a fun day of basketball .. It's going be interesting to see who the unaligned fans will be rooting for in the games. In my experiences at tournaments.. The underdogs get the fans behind them. I know for a fact that the Tarheel fans will be cheering for Louisville.. And the Duke fans will cheer for the Wolfpack ....

All in all I just want to see two excexcit well played games that aren't decided until the last few seconds

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It will be too much to ask for Asia Durr to have another off game...and Hines-Allen be saddled with foul trouble. But one can always hope!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
New this year at the tournament is a live DJ.. Im sure the players are enjoying the music while they go through warm-ups. Keeps the fans energized as well.. Especially the younger ones. Even some of the 80 plus year olds in crowd are doing a bit of head bobbing and thigh slapping :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom