ACC Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Tournament

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I have been watching these games on ESPN3 and I have to tell you I AM READY TO KILL THE ACC MARKETING TEAM FOR THEIR ANNOYING ACC conference theme song “if you want power, you’ve the wheel” freakin enough already- you’ve got 15 schools including Syracuse who have some great broadcasting schools—-PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU, HAVE ONE OF THEM HELP YOU...Aaaarrrggghhhh.

As long as John Swofford and his Tar Heel minions are running the ACC Office, things will never improve.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Head bang Darn Blackouts...... both on the ESPN app and Sling TV

I have been watching these games on ESPN3 and I have to tell you I AM READY TO KILL THE ACC MARKETING TEAM FOR THEIR ANNOYING ACC conference theme song “if you want power, you’ve the wheel” freakin enough already- you’ve got 15 schools including Syracuse who have some great broadcasting schools—-PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU, HAVE ONE OF THEM HELP YOU...Aaaarrrggghhhh.

Well the previous year's WCBB commercial themes were better.. than this year. Though im not sure if you are talking about the ACC WCBB theme or the general ACC one. Even so... Id rather watch them over one of those ESPN Prime Time commercials.... or the Mt Dew one.

Reactions: mmt

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
True, I hate the Moutain Dew Commercial more...again thanks for putting that stupid diddy in my head now...”No one can stop me, I’m all the way..”Head bang

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tomorrow should be more interesting. VPI beat Syracuse a few weeks ago.... and Wake beat Miami earlier in the Season. GaTech vs UVA will be a rock fight.... First one to 39 wins.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State topped UNC, 77-64, in the second round of the ACC Tournament. Ace Konig was the leading scorer for the Wolpack Women (23-7), who went 5 of 7 from THREE and 7 of 10 for the game. Kiara Leslie and Chelsea Nelson added 13 points, and Akela Maize contributed 12. NC State shot 40.9% from the field, was 16 of 22 from the FT line and outrebounded UNC, 46-43.

Paris Kea was the top scorer for UNC (15-16), with 27 points and had 9 points before the first media timeout. In two ACCT games, Kea had 55 points, playing in her hometown of Greensboro. Jamie Cherry ended her UNC career with 15 points. The Tar Heels were able to stay within striking distance until late in the 4th quarter in this one, but the shots stopped falling.

Chelsea Nelson for NC State picked up two fouls in the first minute of the game and sat on the bench for the remainder of the first half. NC State used Erika Cassell and Armani Hawkins in her absence.

The Wolfpack Women went 3-0 against UNC this season, the first time they have been able to do this since 1990. NC State tied the overall series in the ACCT at 7-7, and increased the lead in the overall series to 57-50.

NC State plays Duke Friday at 11 am.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
VPI down nine points at the beginning of the 4th quarter... Outscore Syracuse 25-9 the rest of tht quarter :eek:

Darn I should have gone to that one Head bang

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
VPI down nine points at the beginning of the 4th quarter... Outscore Syracuse 25-9 the rest of that quarter :eek:

Eerily similar situation(and result) to a UCONN game played earlier this season

th

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Here in my seat about to settle in to watch UVA and GaTech. This is igonna be a u-ggggggly game :oops:

An elderly Fan just sat down to me.... Eating a big thick cheeseburger .. While my stomach growls in hunger Head bangHead bang :oops::oops::oops:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Here in my seat about to settle in to watch UVA and GaTech. This is igonna be a u-ggggggly game :oops:

An elderly Fan just sat down to me.... Eating a big thick cheeseburger .. While my stomach growls in hunger Head bangHead bang :oops::oops::oops:
Was the "elderly" really required? Glad I decided not to buy tickets and travel down to the tourney...;) Did they sit down on you?:D

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

51 points already scored between the two teams midway through the 2nd quarter. More offense than I was expecting.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
VPI down nine points at the beginning of the 4th quarter... Outscore Syracuse 25-9 the rest of tht quarter :eek:

This is one heck of a line score:

upload_2018-3-1_17-35-27.png

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
BREAKING NEWS: BC coach Erik Johnson resigns.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Halftime: GaTech leads Virginia, 34-29.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Exciting finish to the GaTech/Virginia game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Virginia comes back to win, 60-58. Cavaliers now 18-12, and face Notre Dame tomorrow.

Reaction Score
VA Huskie: Thanks for the insight. Question for you: How are the training facilities for the Women's hoopsters? Are they separate or do they share with the guys? If the former, are they good? If the latter, well...Tony Bennett seems to be doing fine with what he has. I'm asking the question just to see if there are some other factors holding the UVA women's program back.
Sorry, don’t know what the training facilities are like. JPJ - the main court is beautiful. Something UCONN would love to have. In fact, Geno played a game here in the first year the facility was open. Pay back to Debbie Ryan. I met a guy here a few years ago who was in charge of building the facility. He told me a great story about the decision process that resulted in how big the arena would be. John Casteen was the UVA president at the time. Some told him to build a facility that would hold about 8000, some recommended 10,000. John, as some may know, was the UConn President when Gampel was built. His reply, I’ve made that mistake once...and won’t do it again. He decided on an arena that holds 14,600. Seems to have been the right decision.

As far as other factors that may have impacted UVA’s success - I only can think of the academic standards. Otherwise, I only think Joanne just isn’t that great.

I WANT SHEA!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tomorrow is gonna be a loonnnnnnnnnnnng day. I think Louisville and ND both caught a bit of a break with Syracuse and GaTech winning. Thought Syracuse could put a scare into Louisville.. and that GaTech would rough and scratch up ND a bit. Oh well.

Was the "elderly" really required? Glad I decided not to buy tickets and travel down to the tourney...;) Did they sit down on you?:D

No offense intended.... whenever I see senior citizens at these games... I think to myself hopefully I'll reach that age and will be in good enough physical condition to attend games. Nice lady.... Syracuse fan... we talked about how they blew such a big lead to VPI... and she also mentioned how good her cheeseburger was and how I should go get one :rolleyes:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Today's ACC Quarterfinal Schedule

#23 NC State vs. #18 Duke at 11 am
Virginia Tech vs. #4 Louisville at 2 pm
Virginia vs. #5 Notre Dame at 6 pm
Miami vs. #9 Florida State at 8 pm

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
BREAKING NEWS: BC coach Erik Johnson resigns.

BC women's basketball coach Erik Johnson resigns

This does not surprise me...I don't think they've had a winning record in nearly 7-8 years.
Interestingly, he had -- I believe -- one more year left on his contract and had one of his better -- at least, larger -- recruiting classes in awhile. Maybe administration decided it would be better to let someone else mold the incoming frosh (link below)....
2018 High School Girls' Basketball Recruits - Boston College - ESPN

BTW, Kate Klimkiewicz, has been part of that very good Paul VI HS team.

Will be interesting to see where they look next. I know UConn alum Carla Berube is very happy at Tufts, in part because she loves Boston. Would she be interested in moving up to D1 and commuting to Chestnut Hill? Don't see any ND coaching tree members going there because it's in the same conference.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I got out of bed for this crap? :oops:

Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Whew, that was a harsh 2nd quarter for the Blue Devils. Maybe they're selling whatever Va. Tech took yesterday against Syracuse? ;)

(An aside to you and LetterL: Chelsea Nelson is a really technically skilled player who has a calm sense of self on the court.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom