ACC Regular Season 2023-24 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC Regular Season 2023-24

Reaction Score
Weird. I've never seen that before. Is it possible to play a fellow conference member as a non-conference game?
The Big has a full slate of conference games this weekend

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dont know why we had a conference game three weeks before any other team. Now we sitting all alone in last place until after Christmas

View attachment 93811
One job!

I have no idea what just happened to our SOS. beat Clem by 50+, “struggle” to beat Duke by 15+. Then Clem also beats Duke by 15+.

Bet we drop another 7 places in RPI to follow up on last night’s 7 place drop after a 60+ point win

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How does Clempson lose 104-40 to SC then turn around and beat the Duck blue devils soundly? Lawson barely above .500 once again.

Reaction Score
One job!

I have no idea what just happened to our SOS. beat Clem by 50+, “struggle” to beat Duke by 15+. Then Clem also beats Duke by 15+.

Bet we drop another 7 places in RPI to follow up on last night’s 7 place drop after a 60+ point win
Since the SC game Clemson has lost by 10 to Tulsa and 30 to Auburn thus bringing down their overall score as an opponent. Likewise Duke overall score as an opponent was reduced with their loss by 16 to Clemson. How your past and future opponents fair against their respective opponents has effects on your sos as a result. Also, winning by 60 doesn't matter as I believe there is a "cap" on the effect of winning by 20 or so points so winning by 100 has no more effect than winning by 20 as far as sos goes. Anybody who really studies this feel free to jump in.

Reaction Score
Since the SC game Clemson has lost by 10 to Tulsa and 30 to Auburn thus bringing down their overall score as an opponent. Likewise Duke overall score as an opponent was reduced with their loss by 16 to Clemson. How your past and future opponents fair against their respective opponents has effects on your sos as a result. Also, winning by 60 doesn't matter as I believe there is a "cap" on the effect of winning by 20 or so points so winning by 100 has no more effect than winning by 20 as far as sos goes. Anybody who really studies this feel free to jump in.
Got all that, my question was rhetorical.

Reaction Score
Got all that, my question was rhetorical.
How in the world the Duck blue devils lost to Clemson is hard to fathom, let alone by 16. A red flag of sorts, especially with Clemson’s most recent loss to Georgia State at home no less. Jury is still out on Lawson as it should be. She may eventually be able to stack enough talent there through her recruiting to overcome much of this type of perplexing play, but there are reasons for concern here including her coaching abilities, inspirational locker room speeches none the less. Her teams have been upset more than they have knocked off equal or higher rated opponents by a good margin.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If you ever start to think you have some idea about various teams...

North Carolina is thumping Syracuse. The Heels just refuse to play with anything resembling any semblance of consistency, so from game to game it's impossible to know what to expect from them. Cuse was quietly cruising along at 11-1, but that is about to change.

Uh...why is Notre Dame letting Pitt hang around with them?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Triple double for Utsby. 14/16/10, impressive stat line.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech has their hands full with Wake Forest. Dare I say there are no off nights in the ACC? :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Virginia Tech has their hands full with Wake Forest. Dare I say there are no off nights in the ACC? :rolleyes:
Wake Forest is now 4-10.

If there's one defining feature of the ACC, it's that the top teams play down to the lesser foes and magically turn soft teams into bubble teams. That's how they get 8+ teams in the tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

More insight on what happened to Baldwin. Fingers crossed it's not as severe as a lot of us fear.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not that impressive.
Actually it was 16, 16 and 10. That officially crosses the impressive threshold.

UNC also got a big game from Gakdeng (22 points), who to me is such an enigma. She can be a major force or just totally disappear, depending on the weather.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wake Forest is now 4-10.

If there's one defining feature of the ACC, it's that the top teams play down to the lesser foes and magically turn soft teams into bubble teams. That's how they get 8+ teams in the tournament.

Sure wish Lville would have played down tonight

giphy.gif

I thought we would be dining on Kentucky Fried Cardinal.... guess I was wrong.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Actually it was 16, 16 and 10. That officially crosses the impressive threshold.

UNC also got a big game from Gakdeng (22 points), who to me is such an enigma. She can be a major force or just totally disappear, depending on the weather.

Don't mind me, I'm extra salty tonight..

Plebe

Reaction Score
Don't mind me, I'm extra salty tonight..
I know the feeling, actually, a little too well :oops:

Didn't see the game but the box score screams ICE COLD. Major bright spot was the freshman Okananwa.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know the feeling, actually, a little too well :oops:

Didn't see the game but the box score screams ICE COLD. Major bright spot was the freshman Okananwa.

The 27 turnovers didn't help either. We had 28 turnovers on Sunday. :confused: If we don't get that under control, we will be playing on Wednesday in Greensboro... along with Pitt and Wake.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not that impressive.
Come on, even a hater has to give props every once in a while. I know you would love to have her wearing a different shade of blue if you could.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Come on, even a hater has to give props every once in a while. I know you would love to have her wearing a different shade of blue if you could.

Yes. Would love to have her wearing the blue of UNC-Greensboro or Presbyterian.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes. Would love to have her wearing the blue of UNC-Greensboro or Presbyterian.
You jest, but pretty much any team in the country could use a player like Utsby. Currently leading the team in rebounding, assists and steals, 2nd in scoring, 2nd in FG% (I'm not counting the player with only 3 attempts for the season). I think your Devils could use all the help they could get after posting a 4 point quarter. Yes, I went there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom