ACC Presidents holding 7 a.m. conference call tomorrow to talk expansion | The Boneyard

ACC Presidents holding 7 a.m. conference call tomorrow to talk expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UConn9604

Found this on the Twitter, so it must be true:

@ACCSports: From David Glenn - ACC presidents holding 7 a.m. conference call tomorrow to talk expansion. Details to come

Reaction Score
I have been on plenty of multi-party conference calls with many high powered people. I think once have I actually seen a call started at 7 a.m. eastern (not counting calls with people in Europe or Asia). I find it more than a little hard to believe.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I have been on plenty of multi-party conference calls with many high powered people. I think once have I actually seen a call started at 7 a.m. eastern (not counting calls with people in Europe or Asia). I find it more than a little hard to believe.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I conduct a lot of my business via conference call and I can't imagine any of them starting at 7am unless he meant west coast time for an east coast meeting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Conference calls at 7 am are actually fairly common for these folks.

They're busy motherf***ers...they hit the day running. Seriously.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I just had to check back here once more before I called it a night

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I just had to check back here once more before I called it a night

We'll see you at 8am tomorrow to read the latest blog reports.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The news that Ville is one vote shy as of earlier tonight, followed by this, if true, could be really, really, bad for us.

U

UConn9604

Now Glenn says it's Louisville or no one tomorrow morning. That's great.

Louisville already has indicated publicly and privately that it will accept an ACC invitation if it comes. Cincinnati, Connecticut, Navy and South Florida also have pursued ACC membership and indicated that they would join if invited. UConn and Navy also have received support from multiple ACC presidents, sources said, but only Louisville currently has a realistic chance at the votes required for an official invitation.

“Given the way the conversations have gone to this point, either Louisville will be approved for an invitation (Wednesday), or nobody will be approved for an invitation,” one ACC source said. “Any other result would be a major surprise.”

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/davi...-will-vote-on-expansion-wednesday-morning.php

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Supposedly GT, FSU, Clemson and BC are against us, per a connected Memphis poster. So much for sucking up to BC last year. Tobacco Road hating on UL, as expected. I smell a package deal.

Reaction Score

“Given the way the conversations have gone to this point, either Louisville will be approved for an invitation (Wednesday), or nobody will be approved for an invitation,” one ACC source said. “Any other result would be a major surprise.”

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/davi...-will-vote-on-expansion-wednesday-morning.php

Can someone tell me what we did to these people? Seriously. This gone beyond the point of disrespect at this point. They must detest us.

Reaction Score
Supposedly GT, FSU, Clemson and BC are against us, per a connected Memphis poster. So much for sucking up to BC last year. Tobacco Road hating on UL, as expected. I smell a package deal.

I said it here for weeks. I couldn't believe people on this board actually thought BC would be for us. Insanity. And that Warde was "buddies" with their AD? Please.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Louisville already has indicated publicly and privately that it will accept an ACC invitation if it comes. Cincinnati, Connecticut, Navy and South Florida also have pursued ACC membership and indicated that they would join if invited. UConn and Navy also have received support from multiple ACC presidents, sources said, but only Louisville currently has a realistic chance at the votes required for an official invitation.

"We didn't want to be responsible for the dismemberment (complete) of another conference, so we are deciding to stay at 13 full memberships plus the prima donna at this time."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what we did to these people? Seriously. This gone beyond the point of disrespect at this point. They must detest us.
Show Pony Blumenthal at the direction of Convicted Felon Governor Rowland made a big public attack on the integrity of the ACC and its commissioner, as well as the administration of UM and BC. Now a glorified community college will be the turd in the academic punch bowl of the ACC. Never mind that Pitt and VT were both original parties to the suit. We get to own it.

Reaction Score

Sounds this should be over soon. Brutal.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We lost to Louisville. I don't even know what to say. What more does UConn need to do to escape this shithole of a league? I seriously do not get it.

I might be done with college sports. Time to find a new hobby, because this one is destroyed for me.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So you're saying we have a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads