ACC Presidents holding 7 a.m. conference call tomorrow to talk expansion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Presidents holding 7 a.m. conference call tomorrow to talk expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is hard to be optimistic. If UConn does not get an invite, it is a major fail on Herbst, Manuel, and CT politicians. If Louisville gets the invite, give credit to them. They recognized the landscape of college sports and invested. UConn stopped investing after the Rent was built.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is hard to be optimistic. If UConn does not get an invite, it is a major fail on Herbst, Manuel, and CT politicians. If Louisville gets the invite, give credit to them. They recognized the landscape of college sports and invested. UConn stopped investing after the Rent was built.

BS it on the ACC. If they want to act like spiteful children and weaken their conference it's their funeral.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

I blame Hogan and Hathaway.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I blame Hogan and Hathaway.

images
????

(...I know, I know....it's late and I'm feeling silly...)

Reaction Score
Has the ACC just flipped logic and principle on it's head? Seriously a decision to choose Louisville over UConn could have very little to do with athletics and nothing to do with academics or markets. If true we've got some serious work to do and it will require some actual explaining of how we got here.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what we did to these people? Seriously. This gone beyond the point of disrespect at this point. They must detest us.
We're successful northerners. Ironically, Louisville is from a slave state but the city turned northerner. They are part of the Great Lakes megalopolis.

Reaction Score
So if the apocalypse does happen tomorrow morning can a case be made that GDL destroyed UConn athletics :)

To be honest - if UL gets in I will truly feel shocked. I just did not think they had a realistic shot. I'm still of the opinion that we will land on our feet soon enough.

Reaction Score
What defies logic is why would the ACC take the second most popular university in one of the poorest states? Big 1G goes after flagship state universities and ACC doesn't?

Reaction Score
We lost to Louisville. I don't even know what to say. What more does UConn need to do to escape this ****hole of a league? I seriously do not get it.

I might be done with college sports. Time to find a new hobby, because this one is destroyed for me.

Same here. I don't even know any of the schools in the Big East (nor do I want to).

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
We lost to Louisville. I don't even know what to say. What more does UConn need to do to escape this ****hole of a league? I seriously do not get it.

I might be done with college sports. Time to find a new hobby, because this one is destroyed for me.

Don't give up. Wetzel or anyone else reporting "Louisville leads" isn't any more definitive than anything else "reported" since the Maryld announcement. Either we wake up to news of Connecticut and Louisville joining ACC, or we don't. If UConn's day isn't tomorrow, it will be when Cuse / Pitt join and/or others defect.

Espn now reporting the meeting fwiw...

Reaction Score
So Louisville hired charlie Strong and Uconn hired Paul Pasqualoni and that is why the ACC is choosing them?

i am about this close to dropping college sports from the "to do" list

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So Louisville hired charlie Strong and Uconn hired Paul Pasqualoni and that is why the ACC is choosing them?

Charlie Strong is on the first horse out of that town.

Reaction Score

And Pasqualoni's team just beat Strong's team at Louisville.

If this goes down, BC will have earned the undying enmity of a neighbor.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is even some Louisville fans know we are the better option.

Reaction Score
Reality check time.

1) Aresco press conference and the obvious omission of UConn has not been explain to me.

2) 7 AM conference call? Really? Miami is still visiting Shapiro in jail at that hour trying to get him to change his story.

3) Remember that no conference is going to take a vote unless both the invitee and the presidents already know the answer. So if they are supposedly short they are not going ot embarrass UL by voting and getting less votes than needed.

4) There is no way in hell Susan and Warde are sitting back and saying oh well. Their silence truly is golden.

5) Does anyone think that the feelers put out, supposedly, for UNC, ND, UVA, GA TECH, and Kansas does not include UConn on some level due to their academics (the post about how we stack up vs AAU schools is pretty impressive) location (Southern New England) and overall sports program and TV market?

6) Refer back to number 2

While word was we were ACC bound, and we still may be, I think the odds are 50/50 ACC vs B1G.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant
Per report ACC vote in am and Louisville likely to win, UConn AD Warde Manuel said, "I think we are the best choice by far but I am biased."

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
OK so Warde is resigned to the fact that we lost. Cool.

Reaction Score
Reality check time.

1) Aresco press conference and the obvious omission of UConn has not been explain to me.

2) 7 AM conference call? Really? Miami is still visiting Shapiro in jail at that hour trying to get him to change his story.

3) Remember that no conference is going to take a vote unless both the invitee and the presidents already know the answer. So if they are supposedly short they are not going ot embarrass UL by voting and getting less votes than needed.

4) There is no way in hell Susan and Warde are sitting back and saying oh well. Their silence truly is golden.

5) Does anyone think that the feelers put out, supposedly, for UNC, ND, UVA, GA TECH, and Kansas does not include UConn on some level due to their academics (the post about how we stack up vs AAU schools is pretty impressive) location (Southern New England) and overall sports program and TV market?

6) Refer back to number 2

While word was we were ACC bound, and we still may be, I think the odds are 50/50 ACC vs B1G.

Are you being sarcastic at this point? Denial?

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant
Per report ACC vote in am and Louisville likely to win, UConn AD Warde Manuel said, "I think we are the best choice by far but I am biased."

Major fail. BTW, how was the Virgin Islands Warde?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A Memphis insider tweets something and people here take it as gospel?

Reaction Score
I think Aresco not mentioning UConn was smart. At the time he spoke things weren't as clear as they are now. I just think that people should caution themselves and not make too much of the omission.

Reaction Score
just about 30 minutes until our fate is sealed.

Reaction Score
I really want us to go the the B1G so we can tell ACC to eat and die. ACC in time will be the next Big East.

We need to go to the B1G and ACC taking Louisville might be a blessing. Sue is working hard for us to join AAU, we just need a little more time.

Reaction Score
There is no more time. The conference situation combined with the timing of rough patched for our major teams is going to render us a festering, irrelevant pile of dung in fairly short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom