ACC-PAC12 Merger and How to Break the GOR | The Boneyard

ACC-PAC12 Merger and How to Break the GOR

Reaction Score
All those words and not a mention of ND… seems to be missing a big piece in this delusional puzzle.

The responses to his tweet are interesting…

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope if we stay in the ACC this alliance is not a thing. I want ND to have nothing to do with thi9s.

Reaction Score

“It's going to come down to money. Does an institution that's leaving get enough money for leaving to be able to pay whatever the ultimate fee they're able to work out it is, and it still makes sense to leave?" Abrams said.”

“"If enough people leave, then is there enough will and enough money to fight the fight to try to save something that may not be worth saving?" Abrams said. "If a bunch of schools leave, I think the cost goes down. If a few schools leave, I think the cost goes up."”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

“It's going to come down to money. Does an institution that's leaving get enough money for leaving to be able to pay whatever the ultimate fee they're able to work out it is, and it still makes sense to leave?" Abrams said.”

“"If enough people leave, then is there enough will and enough money to fight the fight to try to save something that may not be worth saving?" Abrams said. "If a bunch of schools leave, I think the cost goes down. If a few schools leave, I think the cost goes up."”

Nope. That is not a legal analysis, it is just click bait by an ambulance chaser.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, if FOX has B1G and Big12 and ESPN has SEC and ACC/Pac12, tjw question becomes is1+4>2+3?
B1G+Big12>SEC+ACC/Pac12??

Reaction Score
I hope if we stay in the ACC this alliance is not a thing. I want ND to have nothing to do with thi9s.
You guys are most likely in the B1G deal with.
I understand the independence , and it’s potential financial ramification. The mythology less NC will fade as all good things must come to an end.
Independence will get more difficult as super conferences won’t have many available slots
You said is best a PAC 12 -AAC alliance minus LA gives you a feeling in the pit of your stomach ,it’s justified. It’s not relegation but it’s tier 2 .
The B1G is going bicoastal in area’s ND is comfortable
LA to NJ. It’s now or never.
ND will want to be in a different Div than Ohio State say the west with USC . Changing that championship game drastically.

Reaction Score
Geography isn't irrelevant to people who believe global warming is an existential threat. The Berkeley folks would never approve of a coast-to-coast conference and the additional senseless pollution.
Then Berkeley will cast their lot with a lower level conference that is geographically contained.

Reaction Score
"We signed the GOR when the ACC was a P5. It is now NOT a P2." Seems like there would be a lot of grounds for nullifying the contract, including dereliction of duty by the conference and its members. Programs like BCU could take the approach that "OK, football is dying. This conference is going to die. Let's collect our fees and pour them into our hockey and lacrosse programs."

Reaction Score
"We signed the GOR when the ACC was a P5. It is now NOT a P2." Seems like there would be a lot of grounds for nullifying the contract, including dereliction of duty by the conference and its members.

I guess if someone feels that confident they should go for it…

(Obviously there is a lot of posturing/floating of these trial balloons through the media by all involved i.e. schools/conferences.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's a wild scenario, just spit-balling. Let's say 4-8 programs know they will be leaving fairly soon. FSU, Clemson, who knows. The remaining programs could take the point of view, F this. We need to move forward and proactively decide our futures. Maybe they all agree to waive the GOR, or maybe they all quit the ACC and either form a brand new conference together, or split up and join the Big 12/PAC 12. It might be in their best long term interest to decide their future today, speak to some Big 12 members, some independents, and try to create the 3rd best conference long term on their own terms. Again, nothing is off the table.

They could scrap the ACC, form a new conference, grab UCONN, Cincy, Houston, UCF, USF, Temple to expand the conference and knock the Big 12 and AAC down a couple pegs. Then add Kansas and Okie State.

Otherwise they could hold onto the ACC for as long as possible, the PAC 12 and Big 12 could merge, and then the ACC orphans will be SOL.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Everyone will cling to their current life raft as long as they don’t have a new destination.

Reaction Score
Everyone will cling to their current life raft as long as they don’t have a new destination.
Most likely, yes. And that will work for a few Rose programs but the Jacks need to build another raft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom