ACC official wants RU and UConn as 15th and 16th | The Boneyard

ACC official wants RU and UConn as 15th and 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The move would make the ACC a 14-team conference and certainly lead to speculation that the era of 16-team super conferences is about to arrive. The ACC also has not closed off its options about adding two other East Coast teams, depending on how the expansion dominoes fall in other leagues. Connecticut and Rutgers would be the candidates, the official said.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...roves-syracuse-pittsburgh-big-east/50448806/1
-+---------
Also, they already voted to accept pitt and su this morning. Link corrected.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
http://www.the-boneyard.com/forums/uconn-football.2/create-thread

The move would make the ACC a 14-team conference and certainly lead to speculation that the era of 16-team super conferences is about to arrive. The ACC also has not closed off its options about adding two other East Coast teams, depending on how the expansion dominoes fall in other leagues. Connecticut and Rutgers would be the candidates, the official said.

-+---------
Also, they already voted to accept pitt and su this morning.
link fail

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If we have to join the ACC I will have no problem with hoping our new conference members lose every fackin OOC game in every fackin sport.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I like this quote from Marinatto:
"Although I was obviously very disappointed to learn the news about the ACC's being in discussions about membership with the University of Pittsburgh and Syracuse University, I continue to believe the Big East Conference is well positioned for the future and that the events of the past 24 hours will unify our membership. We have been working steadily to solidify and strengthen the Big East Conference and position us for our upcoming TV negotiations and I am confident that we will again emerge from this situation and remain strong."

It kind of sounds like this:

Reaction Score
"Although I was obviously very disappointed to learn the news about the ACC's being in discussions about membership with the University of Pittsburgh and Syracuse University, I continue to believe the Big East Conference is well positioned for the future and that the events of the past 24 hours will unify our membership. We have been working steadily to solidify and strengthen the Big East Conference and position us for our upcoming TV negotiations and I am confident that we will again emerge from this situation and remain strong."

Alternate universe to put it mildly.

Reaction Score
Is this for all sports or just football?

I'm not paying any attention to this, so don't mind my ignorance.

Reaction Score
This is good news. hope this article pans out and becomes reality for us.

Reaction Score
It's time to bail. ASAP. As far from Marinatto as possible. He's driving us off a cliff.

Reaction Score
I like this quote from Marinatto:

It kind of sounds like this:

Isn't he a colossal Delta Bravo? The man is completely delusional and soon he will find gainful employment doing what he should be - selling pastries. Not running a BCS conference.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I hope that quote is simply him saying what he needs to say. No rational person in his position can actually feel good about this situation. Of course you also can't say that you realize the conference you are heading is going to cease to exist within 2 years.

Reaction Score
2 Years? Maybe two days. Hard to fathom that again the Big East "Leadership" had no idea that Swofford was sniffing around his teams. Marinate probably took great comfort in reading a couple of weeks ago when Swofford came out and said the the ACC was happy and not looking to expand. I actually feel bad for Marinate.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
2 Years? Maybe two days. Hard to fathom that again the Big East "Leadership" had no idea that Swofford was sniffing around his teams. Marinate probably took great comfort in reading a couple of weeks ago when Swofford came out and said the the ACC was happy and not looking to expand. I actually feel bad for Marinate.

If all of this realignment happens (hard to believe it won't), will it be in effect next season?

Reaction Score
If all of this realignment happens (hard to believe it won't), will it be in effect next season?

One of the other threads had a media story which said that Syrapitt had to give the conference 27 months - that's 2 years of lame duck status. If UConn is still stuck in this garbage conference I can't wait to see the greetings Syrapitt fans get at Gampel or the Civic Center. It's a bad situation if they hang around. They should TODAY. Start playing an all criminals conference sked.

Reaction Score
Does the USA Today reporter have street cred? Never heard of her.

Reaction Score
It says 27 months....but when hell freezes over later this year and the Big East tells all the football schools to look for a conference elsewhere they'll throw out that waiting period, my guess is 2013-14. The BE will become that little basketball conference they used to be! It's all gonna play out. TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati to the Big 12...WVU to the SEC...USF to who cares...

RIP Big East Football 1991-2012

Reaction Score
Beggars can't be choosers but does not WVU make more sense for the ACC than Rutgers? WVU has heated rivalries with Pitt, Maryland and Virginia Tech and a potential rival to UVA. Talk TV Markets all you want but at the end of the day far more people will tune into WVU-VT or WVU-PITT than RU-VT or RU-PITT

Reaction Score
Isn't he a colossal Delta Bravo? The man is completely delusional and soon he will find gainful employment doing what he should be - selling pastries. Not running a BCS conference.

Well he can probably keep his current job because at that point he won't even be running a BCS conference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom