ACC Net Oddity | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC Net Oddity

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Old man yelling at clouds. We had everything he wanted. Every imaginable channel available in different packages, delivered to your home. It was called cable TV. And people hated it because in order to please Mikey D with all his sports, Martha needed HGTV and travel channel, which Mike didn't like, and now Mikey and Martha each ended up paying more to support the other person's channel desires.

It was a tragedy of the commons in reverse.

So, companies came up with other models that viewers are going towards in troves while decimating cable.

Reaction Score
1. They let him write about BC constantly as if anyone cares
2. Works in the media and doesn’t have the first clue about the carriage issues the ACCN has.

The print sportswriters in Connecticut are so bad it’s crazy.

LOL... Damn catholic school education!

“... I got someone from the ACC Network to respond. The response: I could go to YouTube TV or Hulu Live, use their free trials and watch ACC Network immediately.

Problem: I have no interest in subscribing to YouTube TV or Hulu Live. Not in the budget. Hence, I'd have to do something intellectually dishonest — sign up for something I'd cancel three hours later — just to watch a football game.

A more cynical fellow might even call that stealing.

To watch a football game.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL... Damn catholic school education!

“... I got someone from the ACC Network to respond. The response: I could go to YouTube TV or Hulu Live, use their free trials and watch ACC Network immediately.

Problem: I have no interest in subscribing to YouTube TV or Hulu Live. Not in the budget. Hence, I'd have to do something intellectually dishonest — sign up for something I'd cancel three hours later — just to watch a football game.

Since I have to be the jerk... um you got a degree from Boston College - a school that retails at 70k a year and can’t afford $20 in the ol budget to watch a huge win.

Reaction Score
I blame De Filippo.. if only he hadn't pushed for Pitt's inclusion instead of UConn/Syracuse; poor Mike would've been more likely to have Frontier (headquartered in Norwalk) to carry the network and have managed to see the game. :p

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Since I have to be the jerk... um you got a degree from Boston College - a school that retails at 70k a year and can’t afford $20 in the ol budget to watch a huge win.
BC was a glorified commuter school when he went there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The BCgenius living up to his name yet again. Is this guy 90 years old living on an isle near Stonington?

Whatever, this tv problem couldn’t happen to a better sports “reporter.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score

There's a freshman congressman who got an economic degree from BC and she doesn't know economics...(she was a bartender)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Even better- Frontier. He won't have it until we land on Mars.

he probably couldnt stream it even if he has access. they use 64k modems in that part of the state

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
“Problem: I have no interest in subscribing to YouTube TV or Hulu Live. Not in the budget. Hence, I'd have to do something intellectually dishonest — sign up for something I'd cancel three hours later — just to watch a football game.

So by extension - BCmoran sits through all commercials in order to avoid "stealing" from the content providers.

Reaction Score
ACCN must be bummed it doesn't have coverage of tonight's Wake - Rice slugfest.

Reaction Score
It is too bad they won. I was hoping Louisiana Monroe would have gone for two.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I just saw it on the SD channels on FIOS. It was next to BTN1 where our game against Indiana is slotted.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just saw it on the SD channels on FIOS. It was next to BTN1 where our game against Indiana is slotted.
ACCn is also on FIOS in HD as channel 829. What’s weird is that it’s detached from the channel sports cluster which is 570 to 599. Rather hard to find it randomly at 829.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom