ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ACC & BIG SOUTH 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sad sad day for the UVA community. Tragic :(:(
Yes it is. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends. My daughter in law works for UVA and was up most of the night. She was just heartbroken.

Reaction Score
@VA Husky

We wont discuss who that first victory last year came against

As I’ve said before, UVA is a completely different team from the past few years. Among other things, Coach Mox really knows how to make halftime adjustment. I love watching Mir McLean play. She was all over the court in yesterday’s game. 5 steals!

Reaction Score
I just watched a bit of last night's FSU-Miami game, and at one point Bejedi gets tangled up with Dwyer. They both get T'd up. For those of you who didn't see it, Bejedi is the flopper who tried to simulate an intentional foul against Nika last week -- replay exposed her fraud.

In this instance, Bejedi suffered a genuine foul, got a foul call against Dwyer, but wasn't satisfied and tried to provoke something more. When this doesn't work, and double technicals are called, she turns to "the crowd" and tries to whip up sympathy from the home crowd. But when the camera pans the arena, it's immediately clear that it's mainly empty. There's no audience for her mock outrage, which really highlights the absurdity of her behavior.

Now in sympathy, I should observe that Bejedi had given up 7 turnovers that evening, several to Dwyer, so I can see how she might have been in a foul mood. But I can't help wondering what the rest of the FSU team thinks of this behavior. Timpson, Massengill, Latson are all very talented, focused players who don't need this sort of distraction. Bejedi herself is a significant talent who doesn't improve her own game with these antics. Whoever encouraged Bejedi in this sort of game didn't do her any favors.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now is the time to separate the wheat from the chaff (i have no idea what chaff is), the women from the girls, the contenders from the pretenders, and so on. Starting Thursday, ... for both the Big South and the ACC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I wonder if after the shoot around if the team goes back to campus, or justs stays in Raleigh until game time.

Reaction Score

I wonder if after the shoot around if the team goes back to campus, or justs stays in Raleigh until game time.

It's been a while since I've visited Raleigh, but I seem to recall a really cool "food mall" they might spend some time at.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson is out tonight for NC State against Duke. Jada Boyd will play, after a four-game absence.

Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson is out tonight for NC State against Duke. Jada Boyd will play, after a four-game absence.
It's not the best news, but I still like their chances against Duke. And I say this despite my fondness for Celeste Taylor as a player. I suspect Rivers will be the X factor today.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I just saw @triaddukefan walking….
Feeling It Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

Duke’s win over NC State in Raleigh…I have to say, I am impressed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just saw @triaddukefan walking….
Feeling It Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

Duke’s win over NC State in Raleigh…I have to say, I am impressed.

True story.. to burn off my pregame energy i went for a walk in the park with my favorite Duke Shirt on... walked under a tree, and a bird pooped right on my chest. I thought you know... that might be a signal that tonight won't be our night over in Raleigh.

But as I found out on google...

Perhaps the most famous of bird superstitions, if you're unfortunate enough to get pooped on by a bird, it's actually a sign of good luck! Having originated in Russia, it's thought to be good luck as the chances of this happening are actually surprisingly low.

Think I'll go walking under the same tree on Sunday :D:D

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Celeste Taylor had an awesome game!
She couldn't miss from long range...and NC State left her wide open a couple of times. I hope someone wearing the Red and White will guard her when we play them again in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom