B1G.......4
B12.......1
Pac.......5
SEC......7
AAC......1

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The ACC isn't overrated this season because it was predicted to be a down season for the conference.
Down compared to last year for just a couple of the top teams, maybe. I don't think anyone predicted they would tumble this far, though. People thought they'd fall from A to B, turns out they're at about C-minus now.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Down compared to last year for just a couple of the top teams, maybe. I don't think anyone predicted they would tumble this far, though. People thought they'd fall from A to B, turns out they're at about C-minus now.

Off the top of my head... the teams that were supposed to be better than last year were perhaps FSU, State, and maybe Duke and Boston College. All the others were expected to be down in my opinion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Off the top of my head... the teams that were supposed to be better than last year were perhaps FSU, State, and maybe Duke and Boston College. All the others were expected to be down in my opinion.
I'd add Virginia to the list of teams that figured to be better, with the bulk of their production coming back.

Wake Forest and Pitt were already down so low, they really couldn't go any further down.

Miami was a #4 seed in last year's NCAA tournament and preseason #18 in the AP poll. Not much of a dropoff in expectations.

As it turns out, North Carolina and Georgia Tech, despite some key losses to graduation or transfer, look better after the coaching changes.

Certainly, Notre Dame and Clemson lost a ton. I'd put Louisville and VPI in the category of minor downward expectations.

It's one thing to say the ACC was expected to be down from last year, but I didn't hear anyone predict before the season that they would be surpassed by the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Georgia Tech

I've been impressed with them so far. Nell has done a very nice job so far, with their only loss being a 3 point loss in the Bahama's to Rutgers. They just inked a great class as well. Looking forward to seeing how they progress.

Reaction Score
I just noticed looking at the GT roster page that Mickie Demoss is on staff as "chief of staff". Completely forgot about that.

This is her 4th stop in 5 years, she sure does travel a lot.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just noticed looking at the GT roster page that Mickie Demoss is on staff as "chief of staff". Completely forgot about that.

This is her 4th stop in 5 years, she sure does travel a lot.
Yeah, saw her on the bench in the Bahamas games. Staff has a puke pumpkin orange flavor, with both DeMoss and Butts.

Reaction Score
Yeah, saw her on the bench in the Bahamas games. Staff has a puke pumpkin orange flavor, with both DeMoss and Butts.

Hey it seems to be working for them so far. Demoss has a history of being difficult to work with at times but she is knowledgeable and is a good recruiter. I personally liked Tasha Butts at LSU, she was actually one of the minimal bright spots on our staff. She played a big role in bringing kids like Moncrief, Jackson, Danielle Ballard and Mitchell to LSU. She was limited to what she could do though at LSU. She seems to be killing it on the recruiting trail at Georgia Tech so far.

Butts was a great hire for GT due to her heavy Georgia connections and recruiting in the south.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hey it seems to be working for them so far. Demoss has a history of being difficult to work with at times but she is knowledgeable and is a good recruiter. I personally liked Tasha Butts at LSU, she was actually one of the minimal bright spots on our staff. She played a big role in bringing kids like Moncrief, Jackson, Danielle Ballard and Mitchell to LSU. She was limited to what she could do though at LSU. She seems to be killing it on the recruiting trail at Georgia Tech so far.
Maybe Tasha will be the next LVFL to get flown into Knoxville on a luxury plane after Harper gets flushed.

Reaction Score
Virginia is just a bad team with tough non conference schedule. They went 12-19 last year, and was picked to finish 11th and 12th in the ACC preseason polls, so what was expected out of them this season that made them to be one of the better teams in the ACC. Clemson lost 3 starters from last season and seems to be regressing back to the mean. I guess at the moment, Miami and Notre Dame can be classified as disappointing.

Reaction Score
Maybe Tasha will be the next LVFL to get flown into Knoxville on a luxury plane after Harper gets flushed.

EP-302289881.jpg&updated=201602281628&imageversion=Facebook&exactH=630&exactW=1200&exactfit=crop&noborder

I think Nikki would have stroke or some type of mental breakdown if Butts is hired to be a HC at Tennessee before her. I am laughing just thinking about it because Nikki wanted that Tennessee job more than anything. Understandable considering she played there. She screwed herself out of a chance with that job with how things have transpired over the last 3-4 years here.

If she would recruit worth a damn maybe things could be different. I wish we had Bob Starkey from A&M still on staff. Him and Pokey were dynamic recruiters back when we were on a tear with Augustus. and Fowles.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd add Virginia to the list of teams that figured to be better, with the bulk of their production coming back.

Wake Forest and Pitt were already down so low, they really couldn't go any further down.

Miami was a #4 seed in last year's NCAA tournament and preseason #18 in the AP poll. Not much of a dropoff in expectations.

As it turns out, North Carolina and Georgia Tech, despite some key losses to graduation or transfer, look better after the coaching changes.

Certainly, Notre Dame and Clemson lost a ton. I'd put Louisville and VPI in the category of minor downward expectations.

It's one thing to say the ACC was expected to be down from last year, but I didn't hear anyone predict before the season that they would be surpassed by the Big Ten.

Not sure if the Big 10 has surpassed the ACC......we will see at the end of the season. If the matchups of the challenge were different... perhaps the ACC would have won. If the Big 10 actually finishes up as the 2nd best conference at the end of the year, congratulations... its about time. Same goes for the men's league.... its about time. :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not sure if the Big 10 has surpassed the ACC......we will see at the end of the season. If the matchups of the challenge were different... perhaps the ACC would have won. If the Big 10 actually finishes up as the 2nd best conference at the end of the year, congratulations... its about time. Same goes for the men's league.... its about time. :cool:
Imagine if Wake Forest had played in the challenge instead of Louisville or Florida State. Then it would've been 10-4 :cool:

Reaction Score
I always said OU had some very very talented players but never played up to their potential or was well coached. They played as a team this past weekend. Issue is this seems to not be the norm for them. Kinda like hanging with UCONN last year but end up being a terrible team overall. I feel its going to be more of the same again, well thats what history says.

I was honestly shocked WVU won after I thought maybe State would take the next step playing a well coached and talented Stanford team. WVU always have very solid and strong teams, but their physicality overwhelmed MSU today on their home court. MSU looks to be a team right now with some talented Youngsters but zero identity or chemistry. What made MSU so good over the years was how stout they were defensively and their ability to rebound, this current crop is too soft right now. They don't rebound and they don't have a clue offensively other than dribbling until someone gets open.

Texas winning isn't all that shocking. There is still talent and potential on that team, but like OU, they never seem to play up to that potential. Tennessee's glaring offensive woes from last season can to fruition again today. Of course, Tennessee has not been challenged outside of playing a very limited and not very good ND team. Tennessee was over rated to begin with.
Kinda what I saw also. MSST misses the floor general, like Jazz Holmes, and the physicality of Big Tee. Vic has his work cut out for himself this year, it will be difficult getting team chemistry when we really do not have an established starting five. To me the PG must know the strengths and weaknesses of her teammates, were is their spot and how do I set them up to get them the ball where they are most comfortable to shoot. That takes lots of playing together and working together as a team. Hope we get there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In today's Bracketlogy .... Creme has 11 Big 10 teams in the bracket.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In today's Bracketlogy .... Creme has 11 Big 10 teams in the bracket.
And yet he says in his article that it'd be very unlikely to end up with 11. I guess he's just getting carried away with the challenge results?

But to some extent he's onto a trend. A few years ago the Big Ten was really heavy with teams in the 35-70 range. Now many of them have crept up more into the 20-50 range.

Plebe

Reaction Score
EP-302289881.jpg&updated=201602281628&imageversion=Facebook&exactH=630&exactW=1200&exactfit=crop&noborder

I think Nikki would have stroke or some type of mental breakdown if Butts is hired to be a HC at Tennessee before her. I am laughing just thinking about it because Nikki wanted that Tennessee job more than anything. Understandable considering she played there. She screwed herself out of a chance with that job with how things have transpired over the last 3-4 years here.

If she would recruit worth a damn maybe things could be different. I wish we had Bob Starkey from A&M still on staff. Him and Pokey were dynamic recruiters back when we were on a tear with Augustus. and Fowles.
I just have to say, I love that picture of Fargas. It cracks me up every time I see it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
How many people at the start of the season would've predicted that the Big Ten would humble the ACC 9-5 in the challenge?

Or, even more surprisingly, that the Big 12 would embarrass the SEC by a score of 8-2?

Let's not get fooled by the hype. Those two conferences are not what they're cracked up to be.

And just as I type this, I see that Missouri lost to UMKC.
UMKC is hopping good, however.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom