ACC 2020 Schedule: 10+1? | The Boneyard

ACC 2020 Schedule: 10+1?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

wonder what that does for our games against UVA and UNC. Obviously would love to play Cuse or BC if possible.

Reaction Score
The ACC will play their conference 8...and four teams their SEC annual match for 9...and Notre Dame will play 6-7 ACC teams...plus they are trying to save the trhree ACC Chic-Fil-A openers...FSU-WVU, UNC-Auburn, and virginia-Georgia.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The World is in a blender

Reaction Score
How are conferences going to get away with a +1 model..
Why should you be able to blow up your schedule and leave all the G5 and indys scrambling to fill. It’s one thing to say you are going all conference only to have control and flexibility over the circumstances. It’s another to selectively take advantage of the situation by +1. How do they justify it.

Reaction Score
Why should you be able to blow up your schedule and leave all the G5 and indys scrambling to fill. It’s one thing to say you are going all conference only to have control and flexibility over the circumstances. It’s another to selectively take advantage of the situation by +1. How do they justify it.

The thought is as many conference games under the same known testing protocols as possible..and internal conference scheduling is easier and more controllable than attempting to fit together jig saw puzzle schedules of who has declared they will play, who is undecided, and who will not play.

The plus 1 allows for non conference annual rivals to play....FSU-Florida, Georgia-GT, Clemson-South Carolina, Louisville-Kentucky etc.....some of those games have been played annually for a lifetime....

Clemson-South Carolina has been played 102 times....FSU-Florida for 63 years....Georgia-GT for 104 meetings...even newcomers Louisville-Kentucky have played 25 years....they are as much a part of the annnual schedule as a conference, if not more so.

And, of course, Notre Dames conctractual games.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
They don’t. They don’t have to.

Reaction Score
How cool would it be if we were the plus 1 game for BC and Cuse. Even if they were both road games, there are no fans so it doesn't matter. Please, Please, Please.

Reaction Score
How cool would it be if we were the plus 1 game for BC and Cuse. Even if they were both road games, there are no fans so it doesn't matter. Please, Please, Please.

BC lost cancelled games with Purdue, Kansas, and Holy Cross....They have a game scheduled with Ohio in the MAC...and that has not been cancelled yet and the MAC has signalled that they want to play.

Cuse lost cancelled games with Rutgers and Colgate...still has Liberty and @ Western Michigan on schedule....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BC lost cancelled games with Purdue, Kansas, and Holy Cross....They have a game scheduled with Ohio in the MAC...and that has not been cancelled yet and the MAC has signalled that they want to play.

Cuse lost cancelled games with Rutgers and Colgate...still has Liberty and @ Western Michigan on schedule....

the fact that BC has cancelled Holy Cross but will play any other games, tells you all you need to know about the decision makers in this process.

Reaction Score
the fact that BC has cancelled Holy Cross but will play any other games, tells you all you need to know about the decision makers in this process.
BC didn't cancel the Holy Cross game. The Patriot League cancelled all fall sports.

Also, look at Syracuse. Cuomo has issued a 14 day quarantine requirement for travelers to numerous states. As of now, 5 games on the Syracuse schedule, Liberty, Clemson, Wake Forest, NC St., and Florida St. could not be played. And, Notre Dame couldn't be a fill in as Indiana is on the list of states that require quarantine.

As for 10 ACC games, the only ACC teams that do not require a 14 day quarantine for Syracuse are BC, Pitt, and Louisville. How can Syracuse play 10 ACC games?

According to Massachusetts rules, visitors from all states outside of the Northeast are requested to quarantine for 14 days. Thus, it appears BC could only play Syracuse and only if Syracuse did not travel outside of the Northeast two weeks before the game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BC didn't cancel the Holy Cross game. The Patriot League cancelled all fall sports.

Also, look at Syracuse. Cuomo has issued a 14 day quarantine requirement for travelers to numerous states. As of now, 5 games on the Syracuse schedule, Liberty, Clemson, Wake Forest, NC St., and Florida St. could not be played. And, Notre Dame couldn't be a fill in as Indiana is on the list of states that require quarantine.

As for 10 ACC games, the only ACC teams that do not require a 14 day quarantine for Syracuse are BC, Pitt, and Louisville. How can Syracuse play 10 ACC games?

According to Massachusetts rules, visitors from all states outside of the Northeast are requested to quarantine for 14 days. Thus, it appears BC could only play Syracuse and only if Syracuse did not travel outside of the Northeast two weeks before the game.

I guess I worded that awkwardly about BC and Holy Cross. I get that conferences need some cohesion but having two schools less than 50 miles apart, within the same state not playing is silly. I'd almost prefer to see conferences let every team figure out their own schedule that makes sense for safety, logistics and cost. But the conferences won't free up the teams because some will make way more money than others if schools become free agents for a year.

Reaction Score

Who knows what it will look like in mid November when FSU is scheduled at the Carrier Dome?

There are currently no state wide travel restrictions in North Carolina (Wake Forest game)....and there are no current restrictions in South Carolina (expired in May) so Clemson game looks OK for Cuse....

Reaction Score
Who knows what it will look like in mid November when FSU is scheduled at the Carrier Dome?

There are currently no state wide travel restrictions in North Carolina (Wake Forest game)....and there are no current restrictions in South Carolina (expired in May) so Clemson game looks OK for Cuse....
According to NY guidance, the Syracuse football team would need to self-quarantine for 14 days after visiting South Carolina so I think that would be a deterrent for Cuse to play at Clemson.

Reaction Score
They don’t. They don’t have to.

These schools have contracts with other schools.
Under what circumstance can you (legally I guess) get out of playing conference only and a +1. Would /should the schools who lost games be able to sue those schools?

I get the conference only model but how you can you go +1 and not leave yourself open to being sue potentially. I realize it is unlikely any g5 would b/c is would screw them down the road but it doesn’t seem right to me.

Reaction Score
These schools have contracts with other schools.
Under what circumstance can you (legally I guess) get out of playing conference only and a +1. Would /should the schools who lost games be able to sue those schools?

I get the conference only model but how you can you go +1 and not leave yourself open to being sue potentially. I realize it is unlikely any g5 would b/c is would screw them down the road but it doesn’t seem right to me.

Depends on the wording of the contract's Force Majeur clause.

Reaction Score
According to NY guidance, the Syracuse football team would need to self-quarantine for 14 days after visiting South Carolina so I think that would be a deterrent for Cuse to play at Clemson.

True now...but October 24 is three months away....who knows where we will be...I expect a lot of schedule modification...everywhere

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom