Abu Visiting Florida Today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Abu Visiting Florida Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, Jerry Meyer changed his pick for Terrell from PC to URI.

Reaction Score
No, Terrell cut us from his list. He is a combo guard trying to transition to point guard and we already have a better version of that in Rodney Purvis.

I would prefer to say we have similar version. Terrell is a very good player in his own right. If he ever attended UConn, we would all be very happy.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Jerry Meyer changed his pick for Terrell from PC to URI.
And he switched his choice for Abu back to UConn. Take these with a grain of salt, but I like that.

Reaction Score
Lol, just 2 weeks ago he was saying that the package deal was gaining serious momentum, now he's changed course that fast?

Reaction Score
Lol, just 2 weeks ago he was saying that the package deal was gaining serious momentum, now he's changed course that fast?
Right? But maybe he's heard something...

jerrymeyer247
"@Higgsy_1: @jerrymeyer247 any new info to change your mind or just a hunch?"/ info and gut
8/15/13 8:52 PM

Reaction Score
Getting Abu would normally be sweet. The fact that PC was so sure they had him will make it sweeter.

Reaction Score
It's not like it's over by any stretch.

And the funny thing is we're waaaaaay more used to missing out on huge recruits than you guys are. We're not nearly the recruiting juggernaut that your board somehow makes us out to be, where it would be a crushing blow to lose a recruit to you. We win by building great players and teams with our system.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sometimes I get the paranoid feeling these guys are lurking us!

Reaction Score
I'm sure other schools have their stories, too, but it seems like we have succeeded more with Plan B guys than anyone out there. There are very few recruiting battles we lost where we didn't end up winning (or turning out ok) in the war. Whether it be major spring pick-ups (Donyell, Khalid, Emeka, CV, Thabeet) when schollies were available from others not taking them, or getting Kemba when Jennings fell through, or Gordon when Torbert fell through, or Bazz when Knight/Joseph/Selby fell through, we almost always land on our feet.

Even something like losing Kevin Durant, who would have made a huge difference that one season (we sucked) was a short term hit, but not necessarily a long term one. We weren't going to win that year anyway, and we were able to give those minutes to Sticks, who later helped us to a FF. Or going back to Jason Williams - he would have kept us out of the NIT in 2001, but might not have played beyond that year, whereas freshman Taliek was able to go through on the job training and then win 18 postseason games in the next three years.

Ellington over Dyson perhaps is a Plan B where most would like to go back in time and have Plan A work out - but we don't know how 2009 ends with both players healthy (or whether Ellington comes back for his senior year in 2010 when Dyson struggled).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why? We are much better set a C in the coming years than PF. Abu is better than Chuckwu.

maybe, but when i watch PC he looks like a future star. i just don't see that in abu, although i do think he'll be a very good player. just my preference. plus i don't think we're that set at C, our only true C is AB. while i think he can be good i think PC would contribute from the get go. basically i'm a Chuckwu fan:)

Reaction Score
can we trade abu for chuckwu? although either would be great

Personally, I'm not trading any top 100 recruit who decides they want to play here. Once they emotionally invest in your program, sign em up and go to war with them. I'm not one to covet thy neighbor's recruit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Personally, I'm not trading any top 100 recruit who decides they want to play here. Once they emotionally invest in your program, sign em up and go to war with them. I'm not one to covet thy neighbor's recruit.

completely agree, just a joke. i would not want anyone here that did not want to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom