About our new recruits… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

About our new recruits…

Reaction Score
Speaking of new recruits... which one do you think will be the first to arrive this weekend?

Reaction Score
Speaking of new recruits... which one do you think will be the first to arrive this weekend?
Either Chen or Allie. Morgan needs to come all the way from Cal, Chen is in NJ, and Allie just got graduated and should be preparing to come here I’d assume? Sarah is in NC and also graduated recently so maybe: Chen, Allie, Sarah, Morgan.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She is a perfect fit. This year she is a wildcard. But as long as shoots the ball well she will have a stellar career.

Going forward as her career extends, she is going to have the luxury of playing with Sarah who will demand attention. And throw in Jana who might also be terrific. Which means what she does best - which is shoot - she will have a ton of opportunities to show off her game. There is a good chance that either BOTH Sarah or AND Jana are going to be super. And if Allie is "really good" shooting she is going to make the super players that much more brutal to defend. Which means at the lowest level UCONN's floor is probably never going to go below 5 if Sarah or Jana is super.

At the same time, Allie will have the perfect opportunity to evolve.

More than likely Sarah Strong is going to be "The Real Deal." That's going to make the team special with a very high floor in which they will continually compete for championships.
Fixed for you! ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kaitlyn’s arrival is probably delayed for graduation and awards ceremonies :)

BC546E14-51D6-4B65-8350-26EC177CE101.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’m wondering if the coaching staff gave her guidance on the drills she was running throughout the video.
Would that violate any NCAA regulations, 'coaching' before June? I'd be surprised if she didn't get some suggestions from her own trainer, or from Azzi and Paige. I'm sure they'd have some.

Reaction Score
Would that violate any NCAA regulations, 'coaching' before June? I'd be surprised if she didn't get some suggestions from her own trainer, or from Azzi and Paige. I'm sure they'd have some.
It does. Most coaches will say "Keep working on your game over the summer" and keep it moving. The trainers will take over the rest. They have a general blueprint of individual skills they have trainees working on as well as team like skill development. These trainers have gotten better over the years, which is only helping to make the game better.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see Morgan working on hand strength exercises. I wonder if that means she expects to see some time at the 3 and 4.
She should expect to see the most time at the 3 IMO, but the 4 might be the next most likely, even though she played the point in HS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom