OT: - ABC's of Music | Page 32 | The Boneyard

OT: ABC's of Music

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
N! N comes after friggin m! not G, and H is right out! sheesh, and here I spent all this time looking for a happy tune cuz a poster said 'I need happy tunes today. imma happy tunes fan.
I Can See Clearly Now Johnny Nash

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
aaaaaaaaargh. I'll give up for now, and stick to happy beats. u ain't harshin my ups.
elo livin' thing. always works for me.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The, in my opinion, best version of "Mony Mony" by Tommy James and the Shondells

:eek: Uh...I'm pretty sure I didn't realize that Billy Idol's version of this isn't the original. He didn't even bother to change it much.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don't know if I've ever used any Kelly Joe Phelps in a song thread. Local Northwest guy. (I think O got ahead of N so I think I'm okay here)

Reaction Score
For R, let me post this one, if you have never seen it, its a gem- Ray Manzarek describing how the Doors composed "Riders on the Storm"

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
:eek: Uh...I'm pretty sure I didn't realize that Billy Idol's version of this isn't the original. He didn't even bother to change it much.

And I didn't know anybody besides Tommy James and the Shondellls recorded it. ;)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
For R, let me post this one, if you have never seen it, its a gem- Ray Manzarek describing how the Doors composed "Riders on the Storm"

I saw that awhile back. As you've probably picked up, I love stuff like this. I knew Riders on the Storm for a long time before I ever heard Ghost Riders in the Sky, and thought that latter was reminiscent of the former. It still had never occurred to me that they were thinking of Ghost Riders when the put the song together.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And I didn't know anybody besides Tommy James and the Shondellls recorded it. ;)

The Billy Idol version was probably played at every high school dance I attended. There was a lewd call and response we would all yell at each other somewhere in the middle of the song. I have no idea how that got started, but it was a thing. Ah, youth.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Billy Idol version was probably played at every high school dance I attended. There was a lewd call and response we would all yell at each other somewhere in the middle of the song. I have no idea how that got started, but it was a thing. Ah, youth.
Wow, the Billy Idol version came out when I was in college. I just listened to it, and you’re right, it sounds just like the original. In my altered state, I probably thought I was hearing Tommy James in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom