Aari McDonald | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aari McDonald

McDonald's ability to lead the Wildcats into the upper division (top 6) in the Pac 12 is

• Clearly a fact

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Still uncertain

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Unlikely

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • No way will the Wildcats perform at a 50% win rate this year, one star teams tend to fail.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
In any case I'm driving down to Tucson next Sunday to see both McDonald and Ionescu. I did the same thing last year and UofA gave the Ducks a great game. And they should be better this year (although Oregon looked REALLY good the other day against CO. Plus last year the Ducks may have been looking past AZ - won't be this year.)
I may be at that game. It depends, we usually go to Texas MLK weekend for my nephew's birthday but due to the way the dates fall this year his birthday is actually the day after the Oregon game and we may be gone. OTH my wife has a cold on top of her usual issues so we haven't confirmed the date.

If we are there, our seats our on the floor, facing the Arizona bench, the 2 seats closest to center court. I'll send you a PM on the BY when I know what we are doing.

Reaction Score
McDonald's last two games against ASU and UCLA respectively include scoring 25 and 27 rebounding 11 and 5 and hitting a total of 5 out of 12 threes.

She was a nightmare for both ASU and UCLA and neither team had an answer for her. ASU known for their tenacious team defense had no answer for her quickness. UCLA in what appeared to be a total team collapse likewise could not manage to stop her.

McDonald is a redshirt Junior and I believe I heard one of the announcers yesterday mentioned she would be eligible for the WNBA draft. If so I'm wondering what her prospects would be. In some ways she reminds me of Moriah Jefferson who just hasn't been able to stay healthy in the W.

Reaction Score
McDonald is a redshirt Junior and I believe I heard one of the announcers yesterday mentioned she would be eligible for the WNBA draft. If so I'm wondering what her prospects would be. In some ways she reminds me of Moriah Jefferson who just hasn't been able to stay healthy in the W.

I’d guess somewhere in the second round.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dueling guards in Tucson today. I suspect McDonald scores more than 20 and USC's Rogers scores more than 20. In the first meeting with McDonald outscored Rogers by 10 - 24 to 14. Rogers is coming off a career-high 30 point game against the Sun Devils. We saw MacDonald on TV destroy UCLA and score 27.

Who is high scorer.

Prediction

McDonald 23

Rogers 20

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I just want the Wildcats to win and see a huge crowd again at McKale. McDonald will outscore Rogers and Arizona will look to run, something that USC does not like to do...Sorry to add but this USC team is the worst conditioned team I have seen in a long, long time from a supposed higher echelon team.

Reaction Score
After a slow start McDonald filled up the stat sheet 7 assists and 6 steals to go with her 20 points. I do tend to agree at the lack of conditioning of the USC squad although Overbeck played 54 minutes in the triple overtime game against a ASU and Rogers played 49 minutes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This got tacked onto the Chennedy Carter thread but this is a better place for it. Some needed good news for folks in Tucson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom