Aaliyah named to Naismith POY list | The Boneyard

Aaliyah named to Naismith POY list

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s a long list. I couldn’t fit Oklahoma’s Madi Williams on the page

DC30B4D9-0883-4A11-8F9C-020117BAF4F1.jpeg

Reaction Score
She really showed how much she has improved to a national audience Sunday. AE had very little help on defense and did a great job of containing Boston for much of the game. When they took her out Boston went wild, but head to head I would have to give the nod for that game to Edwards. She certainly deserves the recognition she is getting and I hope it gives her fuel to finish this year moving forward.

Reaction Score
Out of this group, What players are 1st team All American?
Boston
Clark
Reese
Haley Jones
Edwards

Still a lot of BB to play though so the list will shift. Reese has a chance next Sunday to show she can lead her team against a tough opponent. The country has so many great players right now though it will be tough to pick only a few.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, the majority of these nominations are not always based on merit, but on promotion. For example, Deja Kelly is consistently promoted as one of the top players in the country. In 3 years, she's never shot better than 36% from the field. For comparison, Lou is close to shooting 50% from 3-pt land. Before she was injured, Azzi was shooting 52% from the field and we know how deadly she is from 3-pt range. For further comparison, Caitlin Clark is a volume shooter and takes more long-range shots than anybody and she makes 46% of her attempts. Finally, our sidelined superstar made over 50% of her attempts in each of her first two seasons.

The POY is between Clark and Boston. Boston will probably win, but Clark deserves it more because of her numbers and overall value to her team. I would add Reese, Siegrist and Mackenzie Holmes as part of my top 5 in POY.

I feel Aaliyah should be in the top 10 for All-American. Boston, Clark, Reese and Brink are virtual locks for first-team. Maybe Miles or Haley Jones for the other spot. Aaliyah is the mix for second team, along with Holmes, Diamond Miller, Siegrist, Morrow. Aaliyah's numbers are solid and we all have seen her improvement this season.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of "because they were on the list last year" names on the list. It's a shame that a player can play well one year and much much weaker the next and still be considered for Top Player of the Year Honors. It should be based on the CURRENT year... not what they did in the past.

Reaction Score
Maybe it wasn't clear, but I didn't sat Paige shot over 50% from 3-pt range. She shot over 50% from the field overall in her first 2 seasons. I specified what Lou and Azzi's 3-pt % was and Caitlin Clark's overall field shooting percentage.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With just one Naismith candidate, no Bueckers or Brady, little of Fudd or Ducharme, a missing month for Juhasz, and a nearly 23-1 record against the #1 schedule, surely Geno is a lock for coach of the year.......

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn has 1 player on the list and LSU, North Carolina and Tennessee(!) have 2 players. Amazing how UConn keeps winning without any good players. :rolleyes:
Wait… I thought we got ALL the good players

Reaction Score
UConn has 1 player on the list and LSU, North Carolina and Tennessee(!) have 2 players. Amazing how UConn keeps winning without any good players. :rolleyes:
One would have thought that that love affair with Tennessee would have ended by now. They have lost nine games so far and counting. Lou is easily one of the best 25 players in the country.

Reaction Score
I try not to compare players, but Zia Cooke, Deja Kelly or Hailey Van Lith (to name a few) do not deserve to be on that watchlist ahead of Lou Lopez Senechal.
This is yet another example of what a joke these award lists are.
Zia Cooke-14.8pts, 1.3rbd, 2.1as, .8stl, 1.4to, 39.9%, 35.7%, 80.6%
Lou-16.7, 3.1, 1.7, .5, 2.1, 48.4%, 47.5%, 89.8%
Now, lest SC fans cry sour grapes, I don’t really care if she’s there or not. I only chose her because I happen to be somewhat aware of her stats. I’m reasonably sure there are other examples as well. For Pete’s sake, Haley Jones shoots 10% from 3! My point Is only that Lou deserves to be on this list! Her stats are clearly better not just here but likely elsewhere as well and she is playing under far more duress than most of the other players on this list, plays on a top five team, and is among the more consistent players in the country. All this while playing big minutes and under the pressure of knowing she has no backup and will likely cause a loss if she fouls out or underperforms! It’s not as if she’s the only good player on a bad team and just shoots the ball every time down the floor! What a travesty!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Look how fired up Jana was. Need that intensity all of next season.

Note Jana's expression and enthusiasm. When you associate, you assimilate. Even though she only been with the team a very short time, It would appear she is "assimilating" just fine. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom