Aaliyah is going to the WNBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah is going to the WNBA

Reaction Score
So, two of the players eligible for an extra year are coming back. Next season, there will also be four players eligible for an extra year (Paige, Aubrey, Azzi and Carol). The coaching staff would certainly rejoice if any of them returned.

Reaction Score
AE has shown tremendous growth as a player and I am grateful she spent all 4 years here going (relatively) uninjured. These last two years especially have cemented her legacy and she’ll always be remembered alongside Nika as two players who really battled it out through rough times, sometimes completely carrying the team on their backs. Her contributions were so significant and she’ll be missed on and off the court.

I wish her the best in the future. And I sincerely hope she can end this season on the highest of notes.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
AE has shown tremendous growth as a player and I am grateful she spent all 4 years here going (relatively) uninjured. These last two years especially have cemented her legacy and she’ll always be remembered alongside Nika as two players who really battled it out through rough times, sometimes completely carrying the team on their backs. Her contributions were so significant and she’ll be missed on and off the court.

I wish her the best in the future. And I sincerely hope she can end this season on the highest of notes.
Yes, two Rocks of Gibraltar.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
AE has been a quiet (at least as the national media is concerned) and SOLID rock for UConn through the past few years of injuries, setbacks, and challenges. She's been an exceptional representative of the team, the program, and the university, as well as an outstanding post player who's really grown into her role as a consistent two-way threat.

I'm really excited to see her take the next step as a pro; she deserves all good things.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Aaliyah has been a true joy to watch. Her growth and maturation over the past four years has been remarkable, and one cannot say enough about what a warrior and workhorse she's been. She's been such an easy person to root for.

Thank you, Aaliyah. You're just getting started.

Reaction Score
Wanna whisper it to us, Bone Dog?;)
I Love U Ily GIF by i-love-you

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think every player should move on once they have played their 4 years. It isn't fair to the new recruits for people to hang on and take their time and unfortunately too many coaches will allow them to stay when they should tell them to move on and play elsewhere if they want to play another year in college. I know with players of AE's caliber it is tough but that is the only way the character of the game moves forward.
They usually do, but everyone got the extra year due to COVID, with Paige's class being the last to be able to play the additional year.

Reaction Score
In her Freshman year AE was lacked some skills but showed a lot of promise. As a Sophomore she kind of got lost. And then the switch turned to On and she never looked back. She's among the best to suit up for UConn. No way she doesn't carve out a long, successful pro career.

I'm of the opinion that the minutes she donates to next year's team can't but enter into Strong's decision. With AE gone she'd have to play her way out of significant floor time.
?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This announcement was expected.

Aaliyah was a joy to watch as she developed her game. A true warrior in the UConn tradition.

I wish her all the best in the WNBA. Some say she may get drafted by Minnesota. That would be a terrific spot for her. Not Dallas.

And I do get what the next announcement may be. My exact thoughts all along.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This announcement was expected.

Aaliyah was a joy to watch as she developed her game. A true warrior in the UConn tradition.

I wish her all the best in the WNBA. Some say she may get drafted by Minnesota. That would be a terrific spot for her. Not Dallas.

And I do get what the next announcement may be. My exact thoughts all along.

I would prefer Minnesota to Dallas, though Dallas has Lou and Crystal. I'm not sure either team needs a power forward.

sun

Reaction Score
I'll bet that she'd like to play for the LA Sparks & would fit right in.
They have the 2, 4, 8, & 28th pick in the WNBA Draft this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom