Aaliyah Edwards: "I mean its UCONN!!!" | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards: "I mean its UCONN!!!"

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Very impressive, Confident yet humble and hard working... I Can't wait to watch her play, God willing.
Let's hope her journey emulates that of Maya Moore or even her fellow Canadian Kia Nurse. I'm certainly excited for her and our program.... Love the quote on her tee-shirt "To give up something valuable to you for the betterment of the team" - Sacrifice

Last edited:

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
But has she scored 100+ points in a game?

Reaction Score
But has she scored 100+ points in a game?
Not yet but if she changes her mind and decides to go to Baylor, they'll let her play all 40 minutes in an 80 point blowout and it will be in reach.:rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Very impressive, Confident yet humble and hard working... I Can't wait to watch her play, God willing.
Let's hope her journey emulates that of Maya Moore or even her fellow Canadian Kia Nurse. I'm certainly excited for her and our program.... Love the quote on her tee-shirt "To give up something valuable to you for the betterment of the team" - Sacrifice

I have a "gut feeling" that with all of the potential "high profile" recruits UConn has coming in the next 2 years, UConn WBB is going to become "MUST SEE" basketball much like the Baltimore Ravens are now for NFL football fans.

You want to see the Ravens play (on TV if you must) because you want to see what their quarterback, Lamar Jackson is going to do. They have become the odds-on favorites to win the SuperBowl. They have the best record in the league, thus they'll have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The road to the Superbowl 54 (Hard Rock Gardens - Florida) goes through Baltimore this year.

All of these girls will be household names their first year. So many of their games will be on national TV (we have access to SNY here in California), fans across the country will know them. We'll have Aaliyah, Mir, Aubrey, ONO, Bueckers, Christyn, Anna, Evina, Megan, etc. UConn will field an ALL-Star team over the next couple of years. Fans are going to want to see them.

I saw a peek at next year's OOC schedule this past week. UConn is renewing their series with Cal. I believe they're coming back to Berkeley next year for the front end of a home and home. I want to see THAT road show. I'll get to see our new "fab-five" in person. Can't wait.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not yet but if she changes her mind and decides to go to Baylor, they'll let her play all 40 minutes in an 80 point blowout and it will be in reach.:rolleyes:

Bizarre takes :confused: considering by all accounts including her own, she is not a selfish player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Since Aaliyah's commit thread was closed guess I'll re-post this here for those who don't venture into recruiting.

Edwards took home MVP of the OSBA Championships Sunday after a 32 point, 18 rebound, 3 block performance in which Crestwood cruised to the tourney title.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Plenty of Aaliyah Edwards in this montage of Crestwood highlights from Sunday's OSBA finale, starting around 35 seconds in.

There's also a really loud PA announcer in the background, fair warning.

Reaction Score
Fun interview but Aliyah saying a loss was good for the team, no one is perfect might need readjustment. ;)

Yes, she just may not have the mindset demanded by the Boneyard. What can she be thinking when there's a 130 game winning streak to be started while she's here?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom