Aaliyah Edwards Homecoming Game (merged) | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards Homecoming Game (merged)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The game is listed as an Exhibition in their schedule

Aren’t D1 schools still allowed to have two preseason “exhibition” basketball games?

Reaction Score

Formerly known as Ryerson University. Considered one of the more competitive programs in USports (Canada's version of the NCAA). Won a national championship two years ago.

Head Coach Carly Clarke has extensive experience, including time with the Senior Women's team, the U23 squad Aaliyah played for last summer and just led Canada to their second medal at the FIBA U19 tournament.

Reaction Score
Aren’t D1 schools still allowed to have two preseason “exhibition” basketball games?

I think they can have 3 or 4. When my daughter was at UIW, they had an exhibition game a few weeks into the season. The team/school made some good money

Reaction Score
They did it for Nurse--Edwards you had to know would get equal treatment. Those Canadian Kids have really done Uconn well. Going back to Shoey, and American/Canadian
Trust me, I said the same however there were some who panned the idea. There was a thread where this was discussed about during her sophomore season I believe.

Reaction Score
There was a school I forget which that had an exhibition last year right before Christmas.

Reaction Score
is it a good idea to have an exhibition game during the season?

Don't get your point. They'd likely be playing a non-conference game on this date. How would that be different?

UConn is replicating what they did for Kia when they played Dusquene for her homecoming game. From what I remember, the game wasn't all that competitive. Don't see it being much different.

I'm sure they looked at several teams but it didn't work out. The fact that TMU is willing to host them, is commendable.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think if any non-D1 game is scheduled in season it is still counted as a 'game' in the NCAA determination of total games played in the regular season - so this game will not count as part of the W/L record for the year, but will count as a 'regular season game. (In other words this is not an addition to OOC opponents but replacing one OOC space in the schedule.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom