Aaliyah Edwards and Kia Nurse Headed to Tokyo! [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards and Kia Nurse Headed to Tokyo! [merged thread]

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yay.

I think Konig was the toughest cut. Recent 2nd team all-american with N.C. State and seems like a sharp shooter.

Oh well.

Happy for Aaliyah.

2nd team All-American? You must mean All-ACC.

Reaction Score
Yay.

I think Konig was the toughest cut. Recent 2nd team all-american with N.C. State and seems like a sharp shooter.

Oh well.

Happy for Aaliyah.
Agreed. I think Gaucher's decision to play had an impact on the roster decisions. Not easy, especially with her daughter only a few months old.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
10. Let me say it again. 10. There is no program that is a better path to the Olympics/National Teams than UCONN. In spite of the bill of goods being sold to recruits by the current US National Team Head Coach.

5 UCONN alums on the US National Team
2 UCONN alums on the 3x3 US team
2 UCONN alums on the Canadian National Team
1 UCONN alum on the French National Team

Unreal. No other American College program can boast more than 3 (SC has Wilson, Gray on the 3x3 and Lattimore on Team Canada - did I miss anyone?). ND does have 2 on the US National Team but I'm not sure if any of their alums are on Foreign National Teams...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
10. Let me say it again. 10. There is no program that is a better path to the Olympics/National Teams than UCONN. In spite of the bill of goods being sold to recruits by the current US National Team Head Coach.

Unreal. No other American College program can boast more than 3 (SC has Wilson, Gray on the 3x3 and Lattimore on Team Canada - did I miss anyone?). ND does have 2 on the US National Team but I'm not sure if any of their alums are on Foreign National Teams...
Nerdy nitpick: The Canadian team has 1 UConn alum and 1 current UConn student :)

Did you mean Amihere instead of Lattimore?

For ND, Achonwa is also on the Canadian roster.

Reaction Score
Can a final four be a problem after playing in the Olympic Games? Edwards will make Geno's job even tougher because her play next season is going to demand minutes that aren't there. Most of UConn's games are going to be massacres and will require the floor seats to bring splatter guards like a Gallagher show. :)

Reaction Score

Nerdy nitpick: The Canadian team has 1 UConn alum and 1 current UConn student :)

Did you mean Amihere instead of Lattimore?

For ND, Achonwa is also on the Canadian roster.
And when did Lattimore move to South Carolina? Isn't she signed to Syracuse?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is no program that is a better path to the Olympics/National Teams than UCONN. In spite of the bill of goods being sold to recruits by the current US National Team Head Coach.

Let me know where you are buying the billboard space to post this. I want to get a picture of it.

Reaction Score
Isn't Achonwa injured? How can she play for Canada?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Not sure but Wilson on 3x3? The non-UConn members are Gray and Plum.

On a separate note not related to your post - Shaina Pellington of Arizona is on the Canadian team. I thought she was fairly impressive in a supporting role this past season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure but Wilson on 3x3? The non-UConn members are Gray and Plum.

On a separate note not related to your post - Shaina Pellington of Arizona is on the Canadian team. I thought she was fairly impressive in a supporting role this past season.
Wilson on the 5x5, Gray on the 3x3, and it's Amihere, not Lattimore, on Canada who plays for SC.

Reaction Score
I see a 5 on 5 pick up game between the UConn players after the medals are given out. Have Sue and Diana as the Captions, with Sue getting first pick.
Sue and Diana do kind of underscore and explain the action in the photo.... {the word would be captains... it's a Navy thing....} I fully agre with the spirit of your message though.

Reaction Score
Isn't Achonwa injured? How can she play for Canada?
It's a sprained MCL. Guessing that the prognosis is better than what people initially thought(??)

Haven't heard any updates from the Lynx. Don't recall seeing anything from Canadian media talking about it since it happened either.

Reaction Score
It's a sprained MCL. Guessing that the prognosis is better than what people initially thought(??)

Haven't heard any updates from the Lynx. Don't recall seeing anything from Canadian media talking about it since it happened either.

I am guessing that they are holding the spot Natalie.

Might have to bring in an alternate if she is not medically cleared before the tournament.

Hope she can play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom