Aaliyah Edwards and Kia Nurse Headed to Tokyo! [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards and Kia Nurse Headed to Tokyo! [merged thread]

Reaction Score
I am guessing that they are holding the spot Natalie.

Might have to bring in an alternate if she is not medically cleared before the tournament.

Hope she can play.
Been thinking the same. Fingers crossed for her.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It's a sprained MCL. Guessing that the prognosis is better than what people initially thought(??)

Haven't heard any updates from the Lynx. Don't recall seeing anything from Canadian media talking about it since it happened either.

I am guessing that they are holding the spot Natalie.

Might have to bring in an alternate if she is not medically cleared before the tournament.

Hope she can play.

Been thinking the same. Fingers crossed for her.

As an unabashed "Ace" supporter, I hope that she recovers in time to play for her beloved Canadian National Team (she loves putting on the red & white).

Regarding her medical status, the fact that the Canadian National Team is seeing how her condition progresses in time does present an interesting contrast with it's neighbor to the south (if an "injury" was the real reason in the first place).

Reaction Score
As an unabashed "Ace" supporter, I hope that she recovers in time to play for her beloved Canadian National Team (she loves putting on the red & white).

Regarding her medical status, the fact that the Canadian National Team is seeing how her condition progresses in time does present an interesting contrast with it's neighbor to the south (if an "injury" was the real reason in the first place).
Yes it is. I wonder if it's a fair comparison though. On one hand, majority of these women have committed to play for Canada at various qualifying tournaments when necessary. It was especially important when they didn't have the result at Worlds they wanted and they had to make it at the final qualifier in Belgium. There were at least 2 extra tournaments they had to compete in to make sure they earned a bid.

On the other, the pool CB can pick from isn't as vast as USAB. They don't have as many options at the C/F position in comparison to guards. Canada is trying to build this up, but it's still has a ways to go.

Natalie is a leader on this team and I personally think her presence was sorely missed during Americup. It's been a personal mission of hers to help get the Canadian team on the podium. I think she'd try to figure out a way to play on one leg if she could (not that I want her to).

Reaction Score
Natalie is the style of player that the Canadian men's senior team could have used today. She brings it in the trenches and has the body to do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom