Aaliyah’s summer homework | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah’s summer homework

Reaction Score
Everyone saw how much her outside shooting improved last season. It shouldn't be surprising that she's working on extending it even further.
Yup. It just seemed like a natural progression for Aaliyah and her development as a player. I hope that she continues to be aggressive next season with her offense and defense. Just continue that development as a two-way player.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah’s shooting is really nice to watch. But it’s her strength and fitness level that will be the key to her success this coming season.
Agree. Looks like she has been doing some weightlifting as well as the shooting practice. Great if she can shoot the 3 consistently, but with her strength and tenacity, wouldn't mind her camping out down low.

Reaction Score
With Edwards I have always been impressed by the little things in her game. When she first started with UCONN my perception was she needed to get serious about getting into playing shape. It is evident that she has focused on her conditioning and that along with the improvements in her shooting have moved her from being a good college player to a top WNBA prospect.

Players don't get to put teams on their backs and carry them just because they want to do it. It takes a lot of talent backed up by hours and hours of preparation to earn that place on a team. She put in the work last year and took a good team and make them a contender. This year with some healthy players she will lead them to a championship.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That high release with arc is a major improvement and not a simple change. This kid is really willing to work.
This past season, her shot was flat. :confused: Agreed, a marked improvement. :cool:

Reaction Score
The envelopes tell me Ice will be ready when the season starts, and we're going to like what we see. :) Come November, she will have full confidence in her repaired knee.
How many big kids do you see that are capable of taking a dribble into a rhythm 3 with balance? And make it. Not many.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230601_190813_Instagram.jpg

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The Black Crowes graciously agreed to weigh in on Aaliyah`s abilities. Opponents, take note.

Hard to Handle. That sums it up.

Reaction Score
The Black Crowes graciously agreed to weigh in on Aaliyah`s abilities. Opponents, take note.

Hard to Handle. That sums it up.

Great choice for a musical reference, even though it's a cover.

Reaction Score
If Aaliyah is knocking down those three-point shots, that will open up the floor even more for drives, which we all know she can do, it is a huge plus. This is what the offseason is all about, skill development improvement. I can't wait to see the improvement of all of the players.

Carnac

Reaction Score
If Aaliyah is knocking down those three-point shots, that will open up the floor even more for drives, which we all know she can do, it is a huge plus. This is what the offseason is all about, skill development improvement. I can't wait to see the improvement of all of the players.
Hopefully, we will be able to see those 4 exhibition games from Europe this summer. They may not be videotaped for rebroadcast or replay. If they are, they won't be free. We'll have to pay for them which I'm more than willing to do if the price is reasonable.

Like you, I'm very interested to see what our freshmen brought with them from high school. Having a maximum of 10 days of practice, I'm not expecting too much. I'm hoping at least one of them can make enough of a learning leap to get into the regular rotation from the end of the bench before the holiday break. It might be Jana since she had a 5-month head start on the rest of the freshmen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hopefully, we will be able to see those 4 exhibition games from Europe this summer. They may not be videotaped for rebroadcast or replay. If they are, they won't be free. We'll have to pay for them which I'm more than willing to do if the price is reasonable.

Like you, I'm very interested to see what our freshmen brought with them from high school. Having a maximum of 10 days of practice, I'm not expecting too much. I'm hoping at least one of them can make enough of a learning leap to get into the regular rotation from the end of the bench before the holiday break. It might be Jana since she had a 5-month head start on the rest of the freshmen.
Aaliyah is playing a game tonight with Team Canada. Maybe she’ll show her new skill to the world

Reaction Score
Aaliyah is playing a game in a few hours with Team Canada. Maybe she’ll show her new skill to the world

Unfortunately, it's not available for streaming or on TV tonight. Our only hope is Canada Basketball sharing highlights via social media.

Very disappointed:(. They missed a great opportunity to leverage the success of the WNBA game to their advantage here.

Reaction Score

Ten practices, not 10 days of practice. They likely will be spread out over 3 or 4 weeks. I'm more excited over them having the team practices than I am about the 4 games. With six new/returning players the timing is perfect. The coaches will have a very good idea about who is ready to contribute in August instead of October.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Ten practices, not 10 days of practice. They likely will be spread out over 3 or 4 weeks. I'm more excited over them having the team practices than I am about the 4 games. With six new/returning players the timing is perfect. The coaches will have a very good idea about who is ready to contribute in August instead of October.
Thanks for the correction. I share your sentiments.

Reaction Score
FYI - Canada lost to Japan by 20. Haven't been able to locate a box score. Based on the article Canada Basketball published after the game, it sounds like they took the opportunity to give the up and comers more time at this level.

Per the article, "Aaliyah Edwards added eight points, six rebounds and a blocked shot."

Reaction Score
FYI - Canada lost to Japan by 20. Haven't been able to locate a box score. Based on the article Canada Basketball published after the game, it sounds like they took the opportunity to give the up and comers more time at this level.

Per the article, "Aaliyah Edwards added eight points, six rebounds and a blocked shot."

From the photo it looks like Aaliyah wore her face mask again.

Reaction Score

Boxscore here:

The person who is supposedly Fournier's father replied to my tweet of it. He seems to tweet a lot about a ton of different stuff. Looking forward to more from him over the summer I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom