Aaliyah’s summer homework | The Boneyard

Aaliyah’s summer homework

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The only thing missing was the 3 pt shot. Now, she will be a monster to guard which will give a great opportunity for Ice, Jana, and Ayanna. The hell with LSU, we are the team to beat and we will prove it. Can't wait for the season to get here. Three all Americans, just like the Stewy and Maya teams.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Aaliyah was the only player to shoot 100% from three point range last season..! Ok, she was 1-1... ;);)

No threes as a freshman, 2-5 two seasons ago... Total for career, 3-6 or 50%... nice.. her shot looks sweet in the video..

Go Aaliyah..!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A BIG that can CONSISTENTLY hit 3s is worth their weight in gold!! If Aaliyah can hit on 40+ percent of her shots this coming season, that going to be a tremendous asset for Geno and the Huskies. As already mentioned here, it will also make her even more attractive to WNBA coaches and GMs. :cool:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
A BIG that can CONSISTENTLY hit 3s is worth their weight in gold!! If Aaliyah can hit on 40+ percent of her shots this coming season, that going to be a tremendous asset for Geno and the Huskies. As already mentioned here, it will also make her even more attractive to WNBA coaches and GMs. :cool:
That is what Morrow was doing this past season. People thought she was not being a team player but, I believe she was preparing for her transfer and the WNBA. If Edwards is successful with developing a consistent mid to long range game, I believe she will be a first team AA. She has the tools and seems to have the drive and desire.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope Jana, Ayanna, and Amari are putting in similar work as well. Hard work doing drills put in now will pay huge dividends beginning in November. Banking principle: Deposits must be made before you can make any withdrawals.
We know Amari can hit 3’s. I’ve seen Jana warmup and she appears to have an excellent shooting touch from the arc. As for Ayanna, I would be happy if she was simply a terror from 5 feet in.

Reaction Score
That is what Morrow was doing this past season. People thought she was not being a team player but, I believe she was preparing for her transfer and the WNBA. If Edwards is successful with developing a consistent mid to long range game, I believe she will be a first team AA. She has the tools and seems to have the drive and desire.
If so, it was nice of her to use DePaul's games as a training exercise for 3 pt shooting while making 25%. I wonder if she told Bruno and he was good with it.

Reaction Score
40% might be too much to hope for. It would be great obviously but perhaps 34-37% is a bit more realistic. If she can shoot 40% the WNBA will be following her around like puppies!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If she develops a 3pt shot that is a great bonus, but I am most interested in her being very efficient in the 15-18 foot range which she was looking pretty good at last year.
Me too!! You can destroy a team with mid-range shots just like you can with a thousand paper cuts. The result is the same. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now THAT is a dynamic that I hope is either prevalent or spreads throughout the team. :rolleyes:
Most of UConn’s kids are willing to work. But they don’t all know how. The key is knowing what to work on and especially who to work on it with. Edwards went out and found or already knew a good shooting instructor and the results are evident.

Reaction Score
I’d be happy with 34% on a 2-3 attempts per game

Reaction Score
I’d be happy with 34% on a 2-3 attempts per game
Nah, go big or go home. I'd like 5 or 6 attempts and 38%. Of course with our guards healthy (including Nika) Edwards attempts may not be needed very much. Just enough to loosen up the defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom