AAC Transfers In/Out | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AAC Transfers In/Out

Reaction Score
Seems fitting the least talented of all the brothers has the most to say about it

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Which led to Dedric and K.J. -- who combined to average 31.5 points, 18 rebounds and 6.1 assists this season -- last week announcing a transfer. Early Monday, they committed to Kansas . And when I asked Keelon Lawson on Monday if Dedric and K.J. would still be Tigers if he were still a full-time assistant, he answered, "Yes. Of course." In other words, Smith's decision to demote Keelon Lawson cost Memphis two players Kansas can't wait to use to win another Big 12 title. And do you know how many top-100 recruits Smith's three full-time assistants have committed? Zero. Not one. But they are scheduled to soon host a prospect who is currently committed to a Division II school. And I'm not even making that up.

Isn't this tantamount to a "professional" payoff for what is supposed to be an amateur program. " We will agree to perform as scholarship athletes if you payoff my father with a professional conract" How is this not a blatant violation; especially when vocalizing like this?

Reaction Score
That's wild. But at the same time you can't let a decent-at-best high school coach hold a historically good program hostage because his sons are good

Uh you certainly can. What's the marginal improvement on a new assistant vs. having the 2 Lawson's plus 2 future Lawsons?

Would a new assistant at Memphis bring in 4 top 100 level recruits on top of any that Keelon (besides his sons) could? Also note, you're burning Memphis circle bridges by the handling of this situation and hurting the program further.

Leverage exists. Lawson had it. Tubby refused it. Tubby feeling pain now. Is that "honorable?" Is that "courageous?" Sure, I guess. But it's also dumb.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Note to the people who thought that Enoch, Vance, and Durham's transfers were caused by something horribly rotten going on with how Ollie ran the program: this is what it looks like when a coach's malevolence drives talented players away.
You are the chief of false equivalencies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Note to the people who thought that Enoch, Vance, and Durham's transfers were caused by something horribly rotten going on with how Ollie ran the program: this is what it looks like when a coach's malevolence drives talented players away.
And their cash and carry father.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom