AAC Transfers In/Out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Transfers In/Out

Reaction Score
Tweet got deleted. What was it?
More Drake lyrics from a transfer
Capture.PNG

Reaction Score
Does Missouri have room to hire their dad as well? He'd provide 3 recruits, that's a better deal than they got with Porter Sr at just 2 recruits

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Some of the Memphis board thinks Dedric is still going pro, just gets him some space to not answer that question for now. The other kid isn't that good, and the high school kid apparently is a commodity.

Reaction Score
When your dad got to coach for big $$$ because you signed, do you still announce by tweeting "After talking with my parents...."

Reaction Score
Some of the Memphis board thinks Dedric is still going pro, just gets him some space to not answer that question for now. The other kid isn't that good, and the high school kid apparently is a commodity.
Don't understand that sentiment. Sounds like sour grapes. K.J. averaged 12.3 points and 8.1 rebounds his first year of college ball (he was a medical redshirt his freshman year after playing 10 games). I don't know about his efficiency but I think we would all kill for that kind of production. Especially from a first year player.

Chandler is a sophomore in high school and the ESPN.com article said he was a 5 star recruit. 5 star recruits typically aren't "commodities".

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Would Crawford be a post-grad? He shows three seasons at Memphis on that 24whatever.

Reaction Score
Memphis probably should have hired a different coach...

With the Lawsons gone, how can Tubby Smith fix Memphis basketball?

D.J. Jeffries, considered the No. 5 recruit in the 2019 class by Scout.com, grew up a Tigers’ fan. He is a cousin of the Lawson family, lives just 30 minutes away from campus in Olive Branch, Miss., and went to middle school in nearby Cordova.

So Corey Jeffries can’t understand why Smith has only spoken to his son once since taking over at Memphis last April. Or why his son hasn’t been invited to attend a Tigers’ game during that time. He asks these questions because hardly a day goes by that Ole Miss Coach Andy Kennedy doesn’t call. Sure, Jeffries has already attracted interest from college basketball bluebloods such as Kentucky. But Kennedy knows everyone in the Jeffries family at this point.

“He’s not aggressive enough. He doesn’t come hard enough,” Corey Jeffries said of Smith while watching D.J. finish up a workout with Team Penny Tuesday night. “You may have a chance, but you got to show interest. If you’re not aggressive, you’re not going to get these kids. We’re not getting the attention from Memphis that we’re getting from others.”

Reaction Score
^ Yikes. Seems like Tubby might be on the Al Skinner plan. Weird, because at the time, I really liked the hire. But that program is a disaster right now.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Had to talk to his parents and he will transfer! Loser!
I'm guessing your not a parent. If and when you become one you will talk to your child (athlete or not) about transferring from school.

Reaction Score
Tubby has always been more a system guy than one who got by with the big 5 star guys. He generally wins, but the question will be if it comes soon enough.

Reaction Score
Wowwwwwwww.. Tubby just running these kids out of town..

I mean, I understand the climate, I coach high school ball and have worked on the AAU circuit for years, these kids are fickle little to be honest, but wow.. They basically lost a starting 5, no?

Reaction Score
I can't believe Markel Crawford has turned into a decent-to-good college basketball player but at this point if he grad transfers I would love him. Always kills us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom