AAC Tourney | The Boneyard

AAC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching ECU and USF(hey it's the league the Huskies are in so give what love you can) and noticed no one in the stands. Now that's not on the league leadership. Spring Break, Florida, Orlando. They've done their part. Great locale, ESPN family of networks coverage. That's on ECU and USF for not representing. The league has such potential to be just a great party week to week with the destinations. They just need time and some top 25 mojo to build a following. A shame some want out before the conference has a chance to mature and shine. This year Mohegan Sun and Orlando for basketball tournies. What other conference can boast that?

Reaction Score
Watching ECU and USF(hey it's the league the Huskies are in so give what love you can) and noticed no one in the stands. Now that's not on the league leadership. Spring Break, Florida, Orlando. They've done their part. Great locale, ESPN family of networks coverage. That's on ECU and USF for not representing. The league has such potential to be just a great party week to week with the destinations. They just need time and some top 25 mojo to build a following. A shame some want out before the conference has a chance to mature and shine. This year Mohegan Sun and Orlando for basketball tournies. What other conference can boast that?
The league needs UConn-Cincy-Memphis-Temple-Houston-SMU-Tulsa to all be Top 75 teams, with those first 3-4 being consistently Top 25. Then, if Tulane-UCF-USF-East Carolina can raise themselves just a bit (all Top 200, some Top 125) you're looking at a solid league that can get 4-5 bids most years, and is probably at parity with the SEC and near parity with the NBE. It could also actually build a smidgen of history and interest. It's already a solid football conference.

I have little hope Tulsa can be consistent, that Temple can get its OOC act together, that SMU can survive Larry Brown's departure, or that those bottom four schools can pick it up.

Here's the thing though, the better team will be gone in a few years, long before anyone will actually give a sh.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
People in Florida generally don't care about college basketball. Especially bad college basketball. Even their best college bball school is a football school. The 7-24 University of South Florida Bulls aren't necessarily where the excitement in Orlando is at.

Reaction Score
What everyone said is true but I'm not going to Charlotte to watch the Huskies in a basketball tourney. I'd go to Florida because there's a lot more to do when not watching the game( Disney World, zoos, gardens, beaches, Spring Break bikini clad young maidens). MSG was convenient for UConn fans. Kansas City(Big 12), Indianapolis(B1G), Charlotte(ACC), no thanks.

Reaction Score
There's really no point in breaking down why this conference stinks, why they can't draw or what they have to do to improve because it will always stink, they'll always draw poorly and none of these other programs are ever going to be worth a damn. We're so broken by this conference affiliation that there are UConn fan's actually taking time out of their day to analyze and think about what schools like Tulane USF or UCF have to do to be competitive in basketball when they never have and never will.

At least they haven't gotten so desperate that they'd invite ECU yet. Stay away from them.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Awkward television moment: Len Elmore just got Mike Patrick on his feet to physically reenact how to set a proper screen (they're critiquing Tacko Fall). I'll spare you a screenshot.

I hope they demonstrate how Nolan draws a charge tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Awkward television moment: Len Elmore just got Mike Patrick on his feet to physically reenact how to set a proper screen (they're critiquing Tacko Fall). I'll spare you a screenshot.

I hope they demonstrate how Nolan draws a charge tomorrow.
Oh god f'in damnit. Len Elmore and Mike Patrick are going to be in my ear while I'm flying tomorrow as well, aren't they?

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Tulane 72-69 Houston, 1.7 seconds left on ESPNU. Cougars to inbound under their hoop.

GAME OVER. Tulane advances.

Reaction Score
Memphis is up 46-32 over Tulsa at halftime...and that was with Shaq Goodwin in foul trouble.

March is crazy, man.

Reaction Score
Bottom half of the bracket is a clusterf ck.

Reaction Score
I hope Memphis stumbles against Tulane as it seems they are going to beat Tulsa.

Reaction Score
Wow Tulsa playing with no desperation. Down 19 Yikes! Update: down 23.

Reaction Score
The basketball Gods are just dancing on Tulsa's grave right now with the way a poor shooting Memphis team is pouring in threes.

Reaction Score
Well there goes two AAC bubble teams! Houston and Tulsa laying turds.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Houston played extremely well against us at Storrs, particularly in the second half.

However, the focus for the present is 100% beat Temple!

Reaction Score
The basketball Gods are just dancing on Tulsa's grave right now with the way a poor shooting Memphis team is pouring in threes.

Isn't it Tulsa's style to get way down and storm back though? Still not looking good, no doubt.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Well there goes two AAC bubble teams! Houston and Tulsa laying turds.

Houston wasn't a bubble team to begin with. They were clearly not in unless they won the AAC tourney. Sampson's schedule was the 308th worst in the country...they played nothing but cupcakes during their OOC schedule, which is why their RPI sucks. Sampson is a POS and a lousy coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom