AAC - the tourney numbers four years in | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AAC - the tourney numbers four years in

Reaction Score
ECU USF Aand Tulane need to start winning games. It does no good to upgrade your out of conference schedule and get blown out every game. That is just another silly result of these RPI and RPI clones. They create distinctions that don't really exist. Does anyone really think the #220 team is better than the #250 or for that matter #149 is better than #153? Of course they are not. As a matter of fact once you get beyond the top maybe 10-15 the distinction are all highly suspect within teams within 20 places of each other. The distinction gets smaller and smaller the further you get down the list yet we treat is as if it were fact. Any system that prioritized strength of schedule over wins is just silly.

Reaction Score
More disturbing than the early tournament exit of SMU and Cincy is the fact that UConn played five games against those two teams this year, lost all of them, and was only in one of the games. Those two teams looked unbeatable, and I had almost convinced myself that SMU and Cincy were legitimately good. But I guess we have no right to complain about the perceived weakness of the conference when UConn is part of the problem, rather than the solution. It would be nice if one of these years UConn is actually in striking distance of being the regular season champion, instead of a middle of the pack team in a two-bid conference.
I would think people are smart enough to not base a teams season on 1 game, but I guess not. Was Nova not good this year? Or Lville?

There is no shame in losing to UCLA either, and it does not mean Cincy was not good, they lost to a 3 seed who should have been a 2 seed in good game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom