6. SMU (3-2)
7. ECU (2-3)
8. UCF (2-4)
9. Temple (2-4)
10. Tulane (2-4)
11. UConn (1-3)
12. USF (1-4)

A few things...

You have to figure ECU and Tulane will continue to slide down to the bottom of the rankings. Tulane had the shocking win over Cincinnati and ECU beat USF/SMU but reality seemingly is setting in for those schools the last few games out.

There is a 0.0% chance Tulsa finishes in the top 4 of the league. Their 4 league wins are Temple (Home), Houston (Home), ECU (Road), Tulane (Road). Their next 4 game stretch is: Memphis (Home), UConn (Road), Wichita St (Home), UConn (Home). They also still have to go on the road to Temple, Wichita State, and Houston. They’ll likely finish in the middle of the pack.

Which brings me to this: UConn can still make a run at being a top 5 or 6 seed in the conference tournament. I don’t think we’ll catch Houston or Memphis, but the rest of the games for us are seemingly winnable: Tulsa x2, Cincinnati (Home), SMU (Road), ECU (Road), Temple x2, Memphis (Home), UCF (Home), USF (Home), Houston (Home), Tulane (Road) are all winnable games. Figuring losses @ Memphis and @ Houston are fairly likely- UConn would need to go 8-4 in the listed games above to get to 9-9 in the league. Why not? If we can avoid Houston in the AAC tournament there is nobody else on that list I truly doubt we can beat on a neutral floor. Some are writing off the season but I’m not ready to totally give up yet

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As it is currently:

1. Tulsa (4-1)
2. Houston (4-1)
3. Memphis (3-1)
4. Cincinnati (4-2)
5. Wichita St (3-2)
6. SMU (3-2)
7. ECU (2-3)
8. UCF (2-4)
9. Temple (2-4)
10. Tulane (2-4)
11. UConn (1-3)
12. USF (1-4)

A few things...

You have to figure ECU and Tulane will continue to slide down to the bottom of the rankings. Tulane had the shocking win over Cincinnati and ECU beat USF/SMU but reality seemingly is setting in for those schools the last few games out.

There is a 0.0% chance Tulsa finishes in the top 4 of the league. Their 4 league wins are Temple (Home), Houston (Home), ECU (Road), Tulane (Road). Their next 4 game stretch is: Memphis (Home), UConn (Road), Wichita St (Home), UConn (Home). They also still have to go on the road to Temple, Wichita State, and Houston. They’ll likely finish in the middle of the pack.

Which brings me to this: UConn can still make a run at being a top 5 or 6 seed in the conference tournament. I don’t think we’ll catch Houston or Memphis, but the rest of the games for us are seemingly winnable: Tulsa x2, Cincinnati (Home), SMU (Road), ECU (Road), Temple x2, Memphis (Home), UCF (Home), USF (Home), Houston (Home), Tulane (Road) are all winnable games. Figuring losses @ Memphis and @ Houston are fairly likely- UConn would need to go 8-4 in the listed games above to get to 9-9 in the league. Why not? If we can avoid Houston in the AAC tournament there is nobody else on that list I truly doubt we can beat on a neutral floor. Some are writing off the season but I’m not ready to totally give up yet

Those standings are so depressing. Awful. We are USF's only win and it was a blowout. Why couldn't we put forth the effort of the WSU and Nova games against Cinci and USF?

Reaction Score
It's good to know that Houston can't win at Tulsa either.

Reaction Score
FWIW KenPom projects UConn to finish 8-10 which would be a 3-way tie for 7th. TeamRankings projects UConn to also finish 8-10 with the 8th best odds.

Reaction Score
Need to find a way to have a winning record (10 - 8). There are no juggernauts in the AAC or CBB in general this year so we can finish 9 - 5 with what's remaining.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There is a 0.0% chance Tulsa finishes in the top 4 of the league. Their 4 league wins are Temple (Home), Houston (Home), ECU (Road), Tulane (Road).

Not too shabby - wish UConn could say the same this year, last year and the 2 years before that. UConn simply does not match up physically with the AAC teams at this time but won't worry about that next year. However, UConn still needs some bulk and some better shooters going forward

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Nothing has hurt this program as much as long distant travel and strange starting times and dates. So, any prediction has to take into account these factors and then there are the injuries....
wow what a take

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom