AAC on Life Support | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC on Life Support

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Agreed. Illinois stinks anyway. They will win that game. But I don't think they wanted to play UConn while their team was clearly and understandably distracted, and concerned about their families and homes.

I don't think they cared about the distraction.

I think the logistics of trying to move 200 people and a tractor trailer full of gear into and out of an area where a few million people are also in motion was the issue.

And like Miami, I think they also had to be mindful of letting the kids go to help their families prepare.

C

Chief00

Mother of god!!!!!!!!!!

The USF women's golf and tennis teams traveled out of state for games last weekend as did the men's soccer team. How can you make the arguments you are making in light of these inconsistencies?

It was all about putting their football team into the best competitive position.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The USF women's golf and tennis teams traveled out of state for games last weekend as did the men's soccer team. How can you make the arguments you are making in light of these inconsistencies?

It was all about putting their football team into the best competitive position.

Are you so stupid that you think moving six golfers and a coach is remotely the same as moving a football team?

That's three rooms at a Motel 6 if they get stranded.

C

Chief00

Are you so stupid that you think moving six golfers and a coach is remotely the same as moving a football team?

That's three rooms at a Motel 6 if they get stranded.

And the men's soccer team and I bet they don't have chartered planes for those sports either.
The idea that they couldn't find 60 decent hotel rooms in CT for a few extra days is what's ridiculous.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And the men's soccer team and I bet they don't have chartered planes for those sports either.
The idea that they couldn't find 60 decent hotel rooms in CT for a few extra days is what's ridiculous.

What's the point? There's a massive deadly storm coming. People are rightly concerned about that.

Reaction Score
FSU and Miami will not reschedule their cancelled OOC game....

The FSU-Miami game is rescheduled for October 7.

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Saturday that two conference football games will move to different dates. The Miami at Florida State and the Georgia Tech at Miami games will be rescheduled for Saturday, October 7, and Saturday, October 14, respectively.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is feeling the effects of Hurricane Irma,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “As important as football is to all of us, these kinds of events provide perspective when you’re talking about life-threatening events and the aftermath ramifications.

Miami at Florida State was originally scheduled for Saturday, September 16. The Georgia Tech at Miami game is being moved from its originally scheduled date of Thursday, October 12 to abide by the ACC Football scheduling parameter that requires teams playing on Thursday night to have equal or full rest.

“It quickly became clear that it was in the best interest of our players, coaches and fans to reschedule next week’s Miami at Florida State game. Typically, it’s not easy to reschedule games, but in this instance, there was a clear path to adjust quickly and effectively.

C

Chief00

Blah, blah blah - AAC man up and reschedule the game like any real conference would!

Reaction Score
What is the context here?

You're saying they are not going to make the game up at all?

He's assuming the game won't be made up. Because it's intolerable that administrators at USF are worried at the moment about something (like their property and health) as opposed to what is important to Chief.

I think it was silly that the game wasn't played, given that it could have been played yesterday and everyone flown back to Tampa before the storm hit. But I --we -- don't get to make that decision for other people. The childishness of some in demanding their concerns go first is really sad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think they cared about the distraction.

I think the logistics of trying to move 200 people and a tractor trailer full of gear into and out of an area where a few million people are also in motion was the issue.

And like Miami, I think they also had to be mindful of letting the kids go to help their families prepare.

Given the path the storm took, it is clear that they made the right call.

Reaction Score
Ik some people want to make fb independent, or whatever and have basketball go to BE. I think that we should wait it out till when all the tv contracts and stuff expire around 2021-22 (or whenever) and see how things pan out. If we somehow stay in the american or a conference thats similar, we can go to the big east option then. I think RE can bring us consistent winning seasons in fb for the next 3+ years (maybe not this one cause its his 1st). This year I believe will be a turnaround for MBB. And I believe Dave gets that we want out [I would still bug him about it though ;)]. If we keep raising good money for UConn and have good athletics our chances are pretty high. Next phase is ours!

Reaction Score
It is pretty obvious to me the football schools want to break away. The BE schools and maybe Gonzaga and the like have this idea that they are too integral to the landscape to be tossed aside like that. They haven't been watching closely. These people would sell their mothers if it meant more money. They didn't care about Cincy or UConn or BYU, why the heck would they care about Xavier or PC? 10-15 years and the whole landscape changes permanently.

C

Chief00

I don't get the safety issue - how one is safer in a Category 4 than not. If they are considering leaving Thursday for Illinois if the game location gets moved, the go home to family narrative is light on truth as I thought.

When you have a struggling product, you don't dilute it further. This season we added a $5 per ticket processing fee and if you make a seat donation - we have lost 2 of the 7 home games or 30% of the seat donation value. Neither is a big deal by itself but the cumulative effect - like 6 years of terrible coaching will have its impact on attendance.

Sure I and others on this board will make the donation and buy the tickets but will the casual fan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sure I and others on this board will make the donation and buy the tickets but will the casual fan?

That was the Lew Perkins method, treat the true fans as nothing but cash cows. But that only works when you have great teams. Nowadays all it does is turn true fans into casual fans.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Are you claiming to not be a casual football fan? Really???

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The idea that somehow USF ducked us to make sure they had enough time to prep for Illinois is ignorant.

?

Reaction Score
How about next weekends Miami Florida State game already being cancelled? Sure seems like a premature decision.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Just make every conference games UConn and USF play worth 1.142857 wins or losses and at the end of the season you will both end up with 8 games worth of W's and L's. Problem solved. Get it done Aresco.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Is that a terrible or good idea? I don't know.

Just make every conference games UConn and USF play worth 1.142857 wins or losses and at the end of the season you will both end up with 8 games worth of W's and L's. Problem solved. Get it done Aresco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom