OT: - AAC Non-Conference TV Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: AAC Non-Conference TV Schedule

Reaction Score
Perspective is helpful. BE also had lower viewership that The Mountain West and the AAC. And lower than ANY major conference by a huge amount. Oh and to give some perspective on the relative strengths of the networks when the PAC title game moved from FoxSports to ESPN viewership increased 224%. So the reality. Oh and a bit more perspective. Online viewership for the last NCAA championship game was up hugely over 2018 while tv has been basically flat or declining for a decade.
I don’t know if the AAC media deal will turn out good or bad. It includes some interesting forward looking elements that could work out. But in reality the Big East is on a joke of a network. They might carry every game but it’s kind of like being on one of those channels where they sell faux fur winter socks compared to being on an actual sports network.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
My sole interest in the conference that shall not be named is how AG plays at Wichita State. I wouldn’t watch that league if they played in my backyard.

Reaction Score
Perspective is helpful. BE also had lower viewership that The Mountain West and the AAC. And lower than ANY major conference by a huge amount. Oh and to give some perspective on the relative strengths of the networks when the PAC title game moved from FoxSports to ESPN viewership increased 224%. So the reality. Oh and a bit more perspective. Online viewership for the last NCAA championship game was up hugely over 2018 while tv has been basically flat or declining for a decade.
I don’t know if the AAC media deal will turn out good or bad. It includes some interesting forward looking elements that could work out. But in reality the Big East is on a joke of a network. They might carry every game but it’s kind of like being on one of those channels where they sell faux fur winter socks compared to being on an actual sports network.
Fox Sports is a million times better than ESPN+. That AAC tv deal is an abomination and Aresco should have been canned for it. And if ESPN+ takes off like some think then he undersold the AAC.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't remember AAC basketball being behind the ESPN+ paywall before this upcoming week. So using past comparisons of ESPN/CBS Sports Network vs FOX Sports is more than sort of disingenuous.

I'm not sure what will be gleaned this year either. A lot of people have moved on from televised spectator sports during the pandemic, and not all of it is due to social politics as some would have you believe. The PGA, NHL, and MLB were largely free of all that static, yet pulled in drastically reduced rating.

Reaction Score
Your only telling half the story. The Pac-12 Title Game gets a strong lead in from the ACC Title game on ESPN. Pac-12 doesn't have a hoops lead in on FS1. The MWC and AAC doesn't get higher ratings than the Big East. You are listing just the Title Game that falls on CBS. The MWC Title Game also benefits from a huge lead in from the Big Ten Semi Finals.

Yes, the Catholic 7 did a risk leaving in 2012 for an upstart network. The payout is great for a non football league. Since, FS1 has added the Big Ten Conference to go with the Pac-12. The Mountain West also joins FS1 this year. The ratings have improved each season for hoops on FS1

Reaction Score
Shots at the Big East Tournament for its TV ratings are off base. Yes, Fox Sports is smaller than ESPN. Yes, it gets less viewers. Yes, the Big East benefits from Fox's effort to grow an ESPN competitor, and we get all of our games broadcast.

The Big East Tournament is the best live conference tournament. It's a big ticket. It's sold out. It's in the Garden.

The BET games have been electric. UConn will only add to the already best conf tournament. Welcome back!

Here is what you have been missing:

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Fox Sports gets less fewer than ESPN with NFL and the World Series. Unless you are speaking about FS1.

Reaction Score
Shots at the Big East Tournament for its TV ratings are off base. Yes, Fox Sports is smaller than ESPN. Yes, it gets less viewers. Yes, the Big East benefits from Fox's effort to grow an ESPN competitor, and we get all of our games broadcast.

The Big East Tournament is the best live conference tournament. It's a big ticket. It's sold out. It's in the Garden.

The BET games have been electric. UConn will only add to the already best conf tournament. Welcome back!

It's freescooter's shtick, he hates UConn and has been pretending for years the AAC is better than the Big East. He's one of our resident clowns.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Fox Sports gets less fewer than ESPN with NFL and the World Series. Unless you are speaking about FS1.
FS1 is the dedicated sports channel. I guess you could compare big Fox to ABC.

You can compare ESPN to Fox Sports and you can compare GM to Tesla. If you look only at market share you only get part of the story.

Reaction Score
Your only telling half the story. The Pac-12 Title Game gets a strong lead in from the ACC Title game on ESPN. Pac-12 doesn't have a hoops lead in on FS1. The MWC and AAC doesn't get higher ratings than the Big East. You are listing just the Title Game that falls on CBS. The MWC Title Game also benefits from a huge lead in from the Big Ten Semi Finals.

Yes, the Catholic 7 did a risk leaving in 2012 for an upstart network. The payout is great for a non football league. Since, FS1 has added the Big Ten Conference to go with the Pac-12. The Mountain West also joins FS1 this year. The ratings have improved each season for hoops on FS1
true enough that ratings have improved yet they are still below most high mid-majors. They just are. The Big East used to be one of the major championship games both when it was on CBS and when it was on ESPN. Now it is an afterthought.

other than noting that espn+ might be an interesting investment due to the decline in regular tv watching and the growth in online I am neither suggesting the ACC media deal is good or bad. Just that it might have some interesting elements, plus being one. But clearly the Big East tv deal is awful in terms of attracting viewership for the league. Going to Fox might have paid better but it also reduced the leagues’ visibility dramatically

Reaction Score
Not sure where the BE has been called a high mid major. Most say it's a power league. Ranking every year in the top 3 of the RPI/NET. The Big East Conference has the most games on free TV. I believe it was 19 last year on FOX and CBS. So, visibility is there. Xavier’s win over St. John’s last year on Jan. 5, on FOX drew 2,300,000 viewers and is the network’s most-watched college basketball game ever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Great. You can say that about most conference championships games. Most athletic events fwiw. Being there is much better than watching despite the tv folks best efforts. ACC is incredible in person. Makes the Big East look like a tea party. Big 10 is comparable to the Big East. but the argument on this thread was that the AAC got lousy tv coverage being on the various ESPN platforms. My argument is the Big East gets equally awful coverage by being on FoxSports. The numbers bear that out as much as you want to pretend it isn’t true. Doesn’t matter what the in person experience is. Nobody watches. The joke is more people see it in person than watch on tv.

Reaction Score
Great. You can say that about most conference championships games. Most athletic events fwiw. Being there is much better than watching despite the tv folks best efforts. ACC is incredible in person. Makes the Big East look like a tea party. Big 10 is comparable to the Big East. but the argument on this thread was that the AAC got lousy tv coverage being on the various ESPN platforms. My argument is the Big East gets equally awful coverage by being on FoxSports. The numbers bear that out as much as you want to pretend it isn’t true. Doesn’t matter what the in person experience is. Nobody watches. The joke is more people see it in person than watch on tv.
This has to be a parody account, ACC tourny makes Big East look like a tea party and Big 10 is comparable. This is one of the dumbest things ever posted on this board.

Reaction Score
This has to be a parody account, ACC tourny makes Big East look like a tea party and Big 10 is comparable. This is one of the dumbest things ever posted on this board.
Ever been to either one? I’ve been to both

Reaction Score
Which of those have you been to again?

Reaction Score
Report back on fan attendance and sell-outs.

Then compare all of the fans gathering in NYC and facing up in MSG vs the Greensboro or Charlotte traditions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom