OT: - AAC Non-Conference TV Schedule | The Boneyard

OT: AAC Non-Conference TV Schedule

Reaction Score
1 on ESPN
  • Cincinnati vs. Xavier
4 on ESPN2
  • Memphis vs. St. Mary's (Crossover Classic)
  • Tulsa vs. Liberty or South Carolina (Hall of Fame Classic)
  • Houston vs. Texas Tech (Southwest Showcase)
  • USF vs. Virginia Tech (Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament)
1 on ESPN/ESPNU
  • Memphis Game 2 in Crossover Classic
1 on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU
  • Memphis Game 3 in Crossover Classic
1 on ESPNEWS
  • Temple vs. Virginia Tech (Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament)
1 on FS1
  • Temple vs. Villanova
1 on BTN
  • UCF vs. Michigan
1 on NBCSN
  • Temple vs. Saint Joseph's
================================
2 on ESPN3
  • USF vs. Rhode Island
  • Tulsa vs TCU
33 on ESPN+
  • USF vs. Florida College
  • Houston vs. Lamar
  • SMU vs Sam Houston St
  • Tulane vs. Lamar
  • Houston vs. Boise State
  • UCF vs. Oklahoma
  • Tulane vs. Lipscomb
  • UCF vs. Auburn
  • SMU vs. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi
  • Memphis vs. Arkansas State
  • Cincinnati vs. Lipscomb
  • Wichita State vs. Oral Roberts
  • SMU vs. Houston Baptist
  • Tulsa vs. UT Arlington
  • USF vs. Florida A&M
  • East Carolina vs. Radford
  • Houston vs. South Carolina
  • Temple vs. La Salle
  • East Carolina vs. UNCW
  • Memphis vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • Tulsa vs. Arkansas
  • USF vs Stetson
  • SMU vs. Vanderbilt
  • Cincinnati vs. Furman
  • Houston vs. Sam Houston St
  • Tulane vs. Southern Miss
  • East Carolina vs. North Florida
  • Houston vs. Rice
  • Tulane vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff
  • Wichita State vs. Oklahoma State
  • Tulsa vs. Northwestern State
  • Tulane vs. Grambling State
  • East Carolina vs. James Madison
10 unlisted
  • SMU vs. Dayton
  • Wichita State vs. Missouri
  • Cincinnati vs. Tennessee
  • Memphis vs. Auburn
  • USF vs. LSU
  • Tulsa vs. Oral Roberts
  • UCF vs. Florida State
  • Cincinnati vs. Georgia
  • Houston vs. Alabama
  • Wichita State vs. Ole Miss

Reaction Score
TeDpSbeCLAPtu.gif

Reaction Score
1 on ESPN
  • Cincinnati vs. Xavier
4 on ESPN2
1 on ESPN/ESPNU
1 on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU
1 on ESPNEWS
1 on FS1
  • Temple vs. Villanova
1 on BTN
  • UCF vs. Michigan
1 on NBCSN
2 on ESPN3
  • USF vs. Rhode Island
  • Tulsa vs TCU
33 on ESPN+
  • Houston vs. Lamar
  • SMU vs Sam Houston St
  • Tulane vs. Lamar
  • UCF vs. Oklahoma
  • Tulane vs. Lipscomb
  • UCF vs. Auburn
  • Tulsa vs. UT Arlington
  • USF vs. Florida A&M
  • Temple vs. La Salle
  • East Carolina vs. UNCW
  • Tulsa vs. Arkansas
  • USF vs Stetson
  • SMU vs. Vanderbilt
  • Cincinnati vs. Furman
  • Houston vs. Rice
10 unlisted
  • SMU vs. Dayton
  • Memphis vs. Auburn
  • USF vs. LSU
  • Tulsa vs. Oral Roberts
  • UCF vs. Florida State
  • Cincinnati vs. Georgia
  • Houston vs. Alabama

Feels good to have an "OT" in front of "AAC"

Reaction Score
Glad to be off of ESPN's network for regular season games. Every time we were on ESPN News and ESPNU it looked like I was watching a game from the 90's with their production quality.

Reaction Score
I'm a big Serie A fan so I subscribe to ESPN+ but I get how this is horrible for exposure. Still, I do have + but I don't have ESPNU or CBSSN. FS1, FS2, ESPN and ESPN2, ESPN+, NBCSN, BEin, NFL, NESN, SNY, I get all of these.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1 on ESPN
  • Cincinnati vs. Xavier
4 on ESPN2
1 on ESPN/ESPNU
1 on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU
1 on ESPNEWS
1 on FS1
  • Temple vs. Villanova
1 on BTN
  • UCF vs. Michigan
1 on NBCSN
2 on ESPN3
  • USF vs. Rhode Island
  • Tulsa vs TCU
33 on ESPN+
  • Houston vs. Lamar
  • SMU vs Sam Houston St
  • Tulane vs. Lamar
  • UCF vs. Oklahoma
  • Tulane vs. Lipscomb
  • UCF vs. Auburn
  • Tulsa vs. UT Arlington
  • USF vs. Florida A&M
  • Temple vs. La Salle
  • East Carolina vs. UNCW
  • Tulsa vs. Arkansas
  • USF vs Stetson
  • SMU vs. Vanderbilt
  • Cincinnati vs. Furman
  • Houston vs. Rice
10 unlisted
  • SMU vs. Dayton
  • Memphis vs. Auburn
  • USF vs. LSU
  • Tulsa vs. Oral Roberts
  • UCF vs. Florida State
  • Cincinnati vs. Georgia
  • Houston vs. Alabama

I've seen offsprings of first cousins that looked less messed up than that.

Reaction Score
I'm a big Serie A fan so I subscribe to ESPN+ but I get how this is horrible for exposure. Still, I do have + but I don't have ESPNU or CBSSN. FS1, FS2, ESPN and ESPN2, ESPN+, NBCSN, BEin, NFL, NESN, SNY, I get all of these.
you can't go to the bar around the corner and ask them to change the channel to espn+ (pandemic or not)

Reaction Score
you can't go to the bar around the corner and ask them to change the channel to espn+

Frankly, I don't see how all sports fans don't pay the $4 for it. I watch this channel all the time

Also, it depends on the sports bar. I know the one near me definitely has it because it's the only place to watch a lot of soccer.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I don't see how all sports fans don't pay the $4 for it. I watch this channel all the time

Also, it depends on the sports bar. I know the one near me definitely has it because it's the only place to watch a lot of soccer.
ive had espn+ for the insider access for years and now as part of the disney bundle yet i've never watched a game on espn+ and probably never will

PS- serie A sucks i'd rather watch ligue 1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ive had espn+ for the insider access for years and now as part of the disney bundle yet i've never watched a game on espn+ and probably never will

PS- serie A sucks i'd rather watch ligue 1

You don't watch much soccer, do you?

Reaction Score
You don't watch much soccer, do you?
ummm no i've been following euro club soccer for 15 years now and i've seen almost every prem and champs league game this season which is why i know it's the weakest of the 5 big European leagues....italy and france have been in a battle for 5th for years. once ronaldo leaves juventus for england they might not get a single team out of the group stage. there's certainly no reason to watch serie A on espn+ when most prem league games are on actual tv.

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score

I have it for the ufc fights. Finding out you could stream the 30 for 30's was a pleasant surprise though.

Reaction Score
To be fair, the majority of the unlisted games are pretty high profile. Wouldn’t be surprised if they end up on National TV, or at least would have been nationally televised under normal circumstances. AAC still sucks tho

Reaction Score
To be fair, the majority of the unlisted games are pretty high profile. Wouldn’t be surprised if they end up on National TV, or at least would have been nationally televised under normal circumstances. AAC still sucks tho

Conversely, the games already noted on linear TV are either because they are away games and dictated by a company not named ESPN (Temple/Nova or Temple/St. Joseph's or UCF/Michigan or USF/Rhody or Tulsa/TCU) OR related to various MTE events that ESPN owns/operates and air on linear television regardless of team.

In other words, ESPN was presented with 44 non-conference AAC games not related to MTEs...they chose to put 1 on television (Cincy v. Xavier), 33 behind the ESPN+ paywall, and 10 TBD (of which some of those games are away and not under ESPN's purview). That's a minimum of nearly 80% of AAC basketball inventory in the opening weeks not on television.

It probably gets a little better around conference time, but not much since there is always the Tulsa/Tulane/ECU/USF/UCF grouping that brings down the other half of the league (e.g. a great Houston team like the one this year probably gets the ESPN+ bump almost every time they play those 5 teams). It says a lot about that contract (which is in year 1 of 12) and what ESPN thinks of conference.

They only get 65 basketball games minimum on TV per year...there are a lot more AAC basketball games than that in a given season (around 200-220 conference games + non-con probably gets total to 250-260). Unless that bottom half of the league gets significantly better, going to be a lot of ESPN+ for the conference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ummm no i've been following euro club soccer for 15 years now and i've seen almost every prem and champs league game this season which is why i know it's the weakest of the 5 big European leagues....italy and france have been in a battle for 5th for years. once ronaldo leaves juventus for england they might not get a single team out of the group stage. there's certainly no reason to watch serie A on espn+ when most prem league games are on actual tv.

Juventus isn't the only team to get out of the group stage in recent years. Atalanta played PSG just last year (had em on the ropes). Roma was in the semis after taking out Barcelona. Juventus is a regular--Ronaldo isn't even very good any more. Inter, Milan and Napoli are on their way up. You can tell how good a league is relative to another by how much talent flows to which league. Players like Osihmen leave the #2 team in Ligue 1 to head to Serie A. In Ligue 1 you have PSG, Lyon and basically no one else.

Now, back to ESPN+ where you can find USMNT and USWNT games, Serie A, MLS, UEFA Nations and EuroCup, Bundesliga, and many other leagues.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Conversely, the games already noted on linear TV are either because they are away games and dictated by a company not named ESPN (Temple/Nova or Temple/St. Joseph's or UCF/Michigan or USF/Rhody or Tulsa/TCU) OR related to various MTE events that ESPN owns/operates and air on linear television regardless of team.

In other words, ESPN was presented with 44 non-conference AAC games not related to MTEs...they chose to put 1 on television (Cincy v. Xavier), 33 behind the ESPN+ paywall, and 10 TBD (of which some of those games are away and not under ESPN's purview). That's a minimum of nearly 80% of AAC basketball inventory in the opening weeks not on television.

It probably gets a little better around conference time, but not much since there is always the Tulsa/Tulane/ECU/USF/UCF grouping that brings down the other half of the league (e.g. a great Houston team like the one this year probably gets the ESPN+ bump almost every time they play those 5 teams). It says a lot about that contract (which is in year 1 of 12) and what ESPN thinks of conference.

Yep - the key here is that ESPN+ was a choice, and they took it.

These games would all be on RSNs and ESPN streaming, back in the day. You now need to pay for them. It sucks.

Reaction Score
Serie A has been on a decline but Ligue 1 is just PSG

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If a game is played on ESPN+, does it make a sound?

In all seriousness, my free subscription for Disney+ expires on Dec 3. I already have Hulu, so I am probably going to get ESPN+ as the free throw-in when I re-up Disney. At least I'll be able to see (unpirated) MMA.

Reaction Score

Except for all the matches on Peacock now... Ugh!

Reaction Score
Serie A has been on a decline but Ligue 1 is just PSG

Serie A is right now experiencing its first resurgence since the 1990s. It was pretty bad for 15 years. But since 2015 or so, a lot of teams are finally competing with Juventus. Look at the talent movement and the spread of players throughout the league. They pickoff top players from Ligue 1, Bundesliga and La Liga. And only the Premier League takes from them. Hakimi, Arthur, Miranchuk, Osimhen, de Ligt, Eriksen, Lukaku, Zapata in the last 2 years. Biggest departures have been Allan to Everton, Cancelo to Man City, & Kean. As for GKs, they have many of the top guys already.

Reaction Score
It isn’t great. But then again both people who watch FS2 are going to be busy this weekend so there will be no viewers.

You can argue that the Big East is better but in all seriousness when your league championship gets fewer viewers than the A10 and the Missouri Valley you really can’t can’t really brag about the network you are on. Nobody watches FoxSports unless their team is playing.

Reaction Score
It isn’t great. But then again both people who watch FS2 are going to be busy this weekend so there will be no viewers.

You can argue that the Big East is better but in all seriousness when your league championship gets fewer viewers than the A10 and the Missouri Valley you really can’t can’t really brag about the network you are on. Nobody watches FoxSports unless their team is playing.
Always nice of you to "add" to the conversation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom