AAC Media Contract details | The Boneyard

AAC Media Contract details

Reaction Score
Last edited:

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Does this seem as bad as I think it does?
It doesn't seem great. It's like 6 games per team per season on the ESPN channels, with 2 of those being on ESPN/2. Then 12 games on ESPN+. Hopefully we are above the average, but it's not a whole lot of primetime coverage. The conference tournament seems basically status quo.

C

Chief00

It still isn’t clear what role SNY will play other than perhaps cover the early cupcake non conference games for MBB. For the women, who they cover more extensively, it’s a wider question.
ESPN+ will play a larger role than we would like.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It still isn’t clear what role SNY will play other than perhaps cover the early cupcake non conference games for MBB. For the women, who they cover more extensively, it’s a wider question.
ESPN+ will play a larger role than we would like.

According to that press release as of now. None.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
If UConn gets good again I think most of those 25 games are UConn games on epsn or ESPN2 then I don't care where tulane or ecu is put.

Time for UConn to get good.
I would imagine Memphis would get a decent chunk of those as well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
All women’s basketball controlled games will also be carried across ESPN’s platforms.

What does this actually mean? All of the games ESPN controls are being carried on ESPN? This is worded really strangely. Shouldn't they just say all conference games will be on ESPN's platforms?

Reaction Score
I found this part interesting:
As part of the agreement, all ESPN+ events will be produced and branded as the American Digital Network, and accessible to fans of the Conference alongside live streamed events from ESPN networks and other related video in an American-branded landing page on the ESPN App, providing a one-stop destination for fans to view conference events.

Reaction Score
Essentially, the teams that are good will play on the Networks. Teams that are bad will play on ESPN+. So hopefully we are winning consistently 18 months from now, and we won’t be on ESPN+ much at all.
Is this for certain that crappy teams/games go to ESPN+ better games go to ESPN/2. Seems to be a lot of ambiguity in what's going on here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I found this part interesting:

Here is the America East landing page. Not a big deal.. I watched some UHart games this season so if they were playing the app knew to have it at the top of the ESPN+ page.

If you make UConn a favorite on your account it will show you the AAC stuff.
4D4D6A57-9DBA-4FF9-8DC9-EAEE6DCE4D9E.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How anyone involved was "ecstatic" is troubling

Corporate double speak. Pretend red is blue. When presented with additional evidence it is red, triple down on blue.

Reaction Score
Corporate double speak. Pretend red is blue. When presented with additional evidence it is red, triple down on blue.
Way back when, I wrote Dave an email pleading for him to fire Diaco. Now I'm considering replying to the email chain begging to be put out of our misery.

Reaction Score
This is just sad. Like I said before I refuse to pay $5 to support this crappy contract. I feel it is time to call it game over and go to the big east and make the best of it. The football team will be seen by basically no one as most of their games will be on espn+. I just don’t see anyway football gets good a crappy contact like this. Let’s at least save basketball for the next few years and then when it all implodes we will at least have our great memories of Uconn basketball as a blue blood.

Reaction Score
Serious question for those of you with ESPN+, do they blackout regional games if they are being carried on the network? Will I have to spoof with a VPN? Can you watch anytime after the original broadcast? I’m sure there is no cloud DVR feature so they must right?

Reaction Score
So if the conference profile rises, more games go to the "preferred"networks. As someone mentioned, Memphis for example. It also appears the Huskies are on the rise. ESPN would like this as they already have a name brand, as it were.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Serious question for those of you with ESPN+, do they blackout regional games if they are being carried on the network? Will I have to spoof with a VPN? Can you watch anytime after the original broadcast? I’m sure there is no cloud DVR feature so they must right?

The stuff on ESPN+ is only on ESPN+.

That’s the point of it and why I expect there will be no SNY deal.

The replays go up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom