AAC Media Contract details | Page 16 | The Boneyard

AAC Media Contract details

Reaction Score
Development has something to do with it...a major university may have more campus housing and less off campus development then a university in an area of a gazillion just off campus apartments...

Florida, FSU, Texas are ringed with apartment complexes catering to students.

Reaction Score
Talk to a PC or Nova alum; I promise you have a lot more in common than with a ECU or Memphis alum
I wouldn't mind if the students started chanting safety school at the other school's players and fans.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind if the students started chanting safety school at the other school's players and fans.

ECU and Memphis are so bad; they are flat out dangerous

Reaction Score
You're talking about every major sports conference in the country.
AOL/time warner and the old AT&T were such successes. Just because it is in vogue and big doesn’t make it a business success. I have basically been on the sidelines for this discussion as I don’t pretend to have access to the information that university presidents have access to. I could see arguments for both points of view. I just go back to rule number one as my barometer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Im not sure how the NBE has a worse media deal. Sure it’s for less overall money per year but in a scenario where we drop football and join the NBE we rid ourselves of the massive money pit that is the football program.
So instead of the word "worse" can we agree that the amount paid to each conference member is less than that of the American? Other words that come to mind are "smaller" or "lesser."

(Regardless though, especially when you realize the NBE games are on FS1 and FS2, "worse" is probably a fair term.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Everyone is crying NY market with SNY etc. The NY market watches the Big East. MSG hecking extended the Big East tourney there until 2028!
You do realize that BET attendance and TV ratings are different things right?

Reaction Score
This just really isn't accurate, Cincinnati is a commuter school and all UConn has in common with these schools is size. UConn is a lot better academically than most of them and culturally they are nothing alike. While most of the Big East schools are significantly smaller and Catholic culturally they are more similar and overall the league is better academically than the AAC.

Cincinnati has top 50 departments in several of its schools and it also has a research profile that is very high.

Where do you people get this stuff? In a highly populated state like Ohio, it's the second biggest school.

Reaction Score
Why would your future scenario birth more tiny, "privileged" colleges like Bennington? I would think that model will also be floundering in the future.

Bennington is an elite finishing school. It stopped being a real college a long time ago. It became a school for kids who had nowhere else to go. When Bennington shut its doors for a year, everyone fled. When it reopened, it reopened as a glorified prep school. For many years, you couldn't find it in any of the rankings. I haven't checked recently.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cincinnati has top 50 departments in several of its schools and it also has a research profile that is very high.

Where do you people get this stuff? In a highly populated state like Ohio, it's the second biggest school.

"Commuter school" is an outdated term for lots of students living off-campus and lack of campus and student identity.

UCF probably has 10k students living in apartments exclusive to UCF students across the street from the campus. They aren't lacking for socializing and campus culture.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Do we know what schools voted for/against the deal? Would anyone be surprised if we voted for it?

Reaction Score
The Private Student Housing - including Boston - are full. And parents are figuring out how to afford them. Somehow ... the market clears.

What’s driving that? My view is Girls - Dads want their daughters safe and in luxury. Every woman student is indulged with their own bathroom; unlike the gang bathroom girls had when I was in college.

Then. Foreign kids. Their parents - often - have lots of income and capacity. They pay for higher levels.

Florida State & Texas & Florida etc etc. they all have amazing luxury products near the campus now. So ... quoting the on campus percentage is BS. Commuter school is a ancient concept. Particularly since some of these schools are growing incredibly. P5? What if a UCF rises (or others) at a phenomenal progression - academic + athletics. There’s nothing saying they are totally stuck.

Reaction Score
Bennington is an elite finishing school. It stopped being a real college a long time ago. It became a school for kids who had nowhere else to go. When Bennington shut its doors for a year, everyone fled. When it reopened, it reopened as a glorified prep school. For many years, you couldn't find it in any of the rankings. I haven't checked recently.

It is number 95. Tied with St. Anselm's College. But why are we talking about small New England baccalaureate colleges?

Reaction Score
It is number 95. Tied with St. Anselm's College. But why are we talking about small New England baccalaureate colleges?

I mentioned schools that were shuttered, some temporarily, some permanently. More are coming.

Reaction Score

I was just setting the record straight on Cincinnati being a commuter school and you can stop hyping what a great school it is, there are probably 10 schools just in the state of Ohio which are better.

Reaction Score
I was just setting the record straight on Cincinnati being a commuter school and you can stop hyping what a great school it is, there are probably 10 schools just in the state of Ohio which are better.

You're out of your mind.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'll play. Go.

Reaction Score
I'll play. Go.

Not going to order them but Kenyon, Oberlin, Case Western, Denison, OSU, Miami, Xavier, and Dayton are all better. There may be others.

Reaction Score
We have fans of UConn defending the honor of a school like Cincy and a loser conference like the AAC. It's almost like we were never a member of the best conference in the country.

Reaction Score
Not going to order them but Kenyon, Oberlin, Case Western, Denison, OSU, Miami, Xavier, and Dayton are all better. There may be others.

So, in a discussion of public schools similar to UConn (see original post) you bring up a bunch of small to midsize Catholic and liberal arts schools, and 2 publics, 4 of which aren't better than Cincy.

Cincy is a research university with many high ranked programs. Not so podunk mid-level private college struggling to survive.

By the way, where are your 10?

Reaction Score
So, in a discussion of public schools similar to UConn (see original post) you bring up a bunch of small to midsize Catholic and liberal arts schools, and 2 publics, 4 of which aren't better than Cincy.

Cincy is a research university with many high ranked programs. Not so podunk mid-level private college struggling to survive.

By the way, where are your 10?
This is pathetic even for you. The thread turned into talks of what's best for UConn, the AAC or the Big East. We talked about big commuter schools like Cincinnati and USF small private schools like SMU, Tulane, Seton Hall, Butler, Nova etc. All the schools in the conferences were talked about...I called you out on being inaccurate on Cincinnati and now you move the goalposts.

It was enough when people were trying to overhype the basketball programs in our conference but you over hyping the schools and now pretending we are only talking about large public schools is pathetic but it's what you do. Double and triple down on stupid and never concede when you're wrong.

Lastly I said there are probably 10 schools in the state of Ohio who are better than Cincinnati, I named 8 off the top of my head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom